Sennheiser HD8 DJs?

Hey, I am looking into getting my first pair of expensive headphones. I am going to use these for music mainly, but I do need to get a microphone. I was going to get a HD 600, but those are open and I like closed headphones. 

Here is what I need:

- $400ish

- VERY strong bass

- closed

- comfortable

- over ear

I am thinking of getting the HD8 DJs with a modmic, what do you think? I have some cheap amp because I can't afford a new one atm, but will it do ok for now?

Thanks!

Edit: This is the amp I currently have http://www.amazon.com/SIIG-CE-S00022-S1-USB-SoundWave-7-1/dp/B000OOG3N0

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

whoops, quoted myself. ignore 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Audio technica ATH-AG1's are a great choice there.

I would get those over the DJ's. I doubt you'd need an amp at all for the DJ's but I may be wrong

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

DJ8s are overpriced and so are the Audio Technica headsets. I would say grab some used Denon 2000 on head-fi classifieds and a modmic or Sony MDR 1R. There really isn't anything else good until to get up to $600 for Fostex TH600 for closed headphones. Although there is the NAD VISO HP50 but it's very bassy. 

Check out the V-Moda M100's. 

Could you give pros and cons of both of them? ;o

I get they might not be as good as some other options in the price range, but I really like the case because I could drag them along to school and such. Would they sound decent on most smartphones?

Oh, and any other good semi-portable headphones in this price range?

Edit: Thanks for all the replies by the way, I posted on some audiophile forum and no one replied and it's been like 4 hours :P

Please for the love of god dont get HD8 DJs

Which ones would you recommend?

Could you give pros and cons of both of them? ;o

I haven't used the HD8's yet, but they aren't exactly a community favorite here. 

I haven't used the HD8's yet, but they aren't exactly a community favorite here. 

Ah I see, but they can't be that bad can they? Linus seemed to love them ;c Then again, linus isn't the best audio person in the world I guess

Which ones would you recommend?

It's hard to say. higher end tends to be more open design. Do you want closed just so you can use them in public?

It's hard to say. higher end tends to be more open design. Do you want closed just so you can use them in public?

Yea for the most part, also when listening to music I want it to be the main focus, I don't want to hear much else.

Ah I see, but they can't be that bad can they? Linus seemed to love them ;c

Thats the problem, Linus loved them and said they where great. Tons of people bought them then where posting asking why they sound terrible for 400$ and how to get more out of them

Yea for the most part, also when listening to music I want it to be the main focus, I don't want to hear much else.

Youd be better of with IEMs in my opinion

Youd be better of with IEMs in my opinion

I would but I also want to use these with a modmic for skype and stuff

I would but I also want to use these with a modmic for skype and stuff

HAve you considered getting a pair of IEMS and Headphones? Open-back headphones for home-use and IEMs for portable use.

HAve you considered getting a pair of IEMS and Headphones? Open-back headphones for home-use and IEMs for portable use.

eh, I also find IEMs pretty uncomfortable.

eh, I also find IEMs pretty uncomfortable.

Have you ever had a quality pair? Something like Shure SE315?

Thats the problem, Linus loved them and said they where great. Tons of people bought them then where posting asking why they sound terrible for 400$ and how to get more out of them

Are the ES10s any good?

Have you ever had a quality pair? Something like Shure SE315?

No, but I just rather invest in one thing rather then two. 

Are the ES10s any good?

Audio Technica ATH-ES10s? If so, hell no.

No, but I just rather invest in one thing rather then two. 

I used to own the ES700's which I enjoyed more than the ES10's, and they're only $150.

Ok, doesn't beyerdynamic make some good stuff :3?