Anyone own A Xigmatek Aquila? [OPINION]

monstarmadness

Very useful post, thank you all!

I have a question though, will the case be compatible with the Bitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm. You might be thinking "what is this crazy guy writing about?" But the fan metioned earlier has 200mm mounts :)

And also will it improve anything?

Dang it: The white Aquila is 16$ more expensive :/

I don't think the 230mm fan will fit because the largest that can is 200mm (or it seems like it). However the 200mm version should fit...

And IMO the black one looks stealthy and i like it....

Mjolnir
CPU: i7 4960X GPU: ASUS STRIX 970 CASE: Xigmatek Aquila MEM: 16GB 1866Mhz Kingston Fury Red Cool: Corsair H100i SSD: 2X intel S3700 400GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate Monitor: BenQ BL2710PT  Mouse: R.A.T 7  Keyboard: Corsair K70  Love: Rachel 

I don't think the 230mm fan will fit because the largest that can is 200mm (or it seems like it). However the 200mm version should fit...

And IMO the black one looks stealthy and i like it....

Alright, thank you :)

Will i still be able to fit a optical drive in the 5.25" bay if i put in the fan?

Also Bitefnix Spectre vs Bitfenix Spectre Pro vs any other 20mm fan

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

Alright, thank you :)

Will i still be able to fit a optical drive in the 5.25" bay if i put in the fan?

Also Bitefnix Spectre vs Bitfenix Spectre Pro vs any other 20mm fan

An optical drive will fit of you arent putting in a radiator...the fan does't create any issues.

And i'd say stick to the stock fan for some time...It's a pretty good quality fan and I dont think it needs changing.

Mjolnir
CPU: i7 4960X GPU: ASUS STRIX 970 CASE: Xigmatek Aquila MEM: 16GB 1866Mhz Kingston Fury Red Cool: Corsair H100i SSD: 2X intel S3700 400GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate Monitor: BenQ BL2710PT  Mouse: R.A.T 7  Keyboard: Corsair K70  Love: Rachel 

An optical drive will fit of you arent putting in a radiator...the fan does't create any issues.

And i'd say stick to the stock fan for some time...It's a pretty good quality fan and I dont think it needs changing.

Thanks for all the help, will do :)

I've have seen a review where the case arrived with white powder inside and also one where the power-button wiring stopped the optical drive from going in, was this the case for you, or was it just because it is review samples/ early production?

d8b69ba166.jpg

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

Thanks for all the help, will do :)

I've have seen a review where the case arrived with white powder inside and also one where the power-button wiring stopped the optical drive from going in, was this the case for you, or was it just because it is review samples/ early production?

d8b69ba166.jpg

No my case didn't have of these issues...It was great

Mjolnir

was this the case for you

Just noticed the pun...haha...you sneaky bastard!  :D  :P

Mjolnir

@Koffehh

@monstarmadness

Do you guys have the windowed version of the case? If so, how visible are non-GPU components from a typical, head-on angle of the window, such as motherboard, ram, cpu cooler, etc.?

Thanks

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

@Koffehh

@monstarmadness

Do you guys have the windowed version of the case? If so, how visible are non-GPU components from a typical, head-on angle of the window, such as motherboard, ram, cpu cooler, etc.?

Thanks

Make sure you have a sexy looking GPU...because non existent views....the GPU here is like the spoiled bitch who all the horny ass holes go after...taking up all the space and attention....

Mjolnir

@Koffehh

@monstarmadness

Thanks

I'll post a pic in a good few hours time when I get home. but if u cant wait, you can see them all clearly.

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

I'll post a pic in a good few hours time when I get home. but if u cant wait, you can see them all clearly.

You don't have a graphic card in your system do you? (I dont see one in your sig)

Mjolnir

You don't have a graphic card in your system do you? (I dont see one in your sig)

Sorry its late been busy. As for GPU no I dont have one at the moment, because the purpose of my build was for PS and LR and light gaming when I get round to it. I will sometime in the next few days buy a R7 290 or the 290X, yeah I know that will turn a few noses on here but when I built this I didn't have the funds for a GPU and the 290X was the best card at the time, and TBH I don't really want to spend £100 for a card as they depreciate like a lead brick. As for a pic here it is

post-83641-0-99632300-1416501868_thumb.j

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

Sorry its late been busy. As for GPU no I dont have one at the moment, because the purpose of my build was for PS and LR and light gaming when I get round to it. I will sometime in the next few days buy a R7 290 or the 290X, yeah I know that will turn a few noses on here but when I built this I didn't have the funds for a GPU and the 290X was the best card at the time, and TBH I don't really want to spend £100 for a card as they depreciate like a lead brick. As for a pic here it is

Why dont you get the GTX 970? Its cheaper than the R9 290X and performs similar or even better in most games...And its way cooler in exhaust, so it wont heat up the case too much either...

Mjolnir

Why dont you get the GTX 970? Its cheaper than the R9 290X and performs similar or even better in most games...And its way cooler in exhaust, so it wont heat up the case too much either...

My bad I meant the R9 270

• 5 weeks later...

I got the XIgmatek Aquila (and also built my first pc :P)

Holy cow, the cable management is not friendly to noobies like me. It's such a mess >.<

How did you guys (or any other owners) cable manage?! O.o

Oh, I'm also using a fully modular psu.

Oh yeah, noob me forgot the I/O shield after screwing in the mobo, and was too lazy to take the mobo out and putting it. >.<

There won't be any negative effects from this, right?

post-140523-0-18035000-1419063570_thumb.

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

I got the XIgmatek Aquila (and also built my first pc :P)

Holy cow, the cable management is not friendly to noobies like me. It's such a mess >.<

How did you guys (or any other owners) cable manage?! O.o

Oh, I'm also using a fully modular psu.

Oh yeah, noob me forgot the I/O shield after screwing in the mobo, and was too lazy to take the mobo out and putting it. >.<

There won't be any negative effects from this, right?

Well I am a first time builder too but I was able to manage cables fairly neatly...It takes patience and this case is very easy to build in (in terms of managing them cables). Just route them from the sides and the top and use twist-ties. The I/O shield is important as it prevents dust from entering and helps you understand which port is for what...But i dont see it being too big of an issue....great choice for a GPU btw....I have the strix....Ill post pics if you'd like.

CHEERS on joining the Aquila club though!

Mjolnir

@monstarmadness

pics would be nice. It would be helpful to see other builds in the same case :P

Seeing that we are using the same cooler, is your cooler's tubing also twisted and such like in my case? I know the tubing is quite thick, but it is doing a 180 degrees rotation. Or should I have rotated the radiator?

Oh also, did you mount the fans on the cooler as an intake? If so, how did you mount it? I mounted it as an intake, but I had to have a friend to hold it in place. I don't think I could've done it easily alone.

Sorry for asking so many questions >.<

@monstarmadness

pics would be nice. It would be helpful to see other builds in the same case :P

Seeing that we are using the same cooler, is your cooler's tubing also twisted and such like in my case? I know the tubing is quite thick, but it is doing a 180 degrees rotation. Or should I have rotated the radiator?

Oh also, did you mount the fans on the cooler as an intake? If so, how did you mount it? I mounted it as an intake, but I had to have a friend to hold it in place. I don't think I could've done it easily alone.

Sorry for asking so many questions >.<

I rotated the radiator...and only my front 200mm fan is an intake...the radiator and the rear are both exhaust...My temperatures are quite under control..

And no worries...It's always hard when trying to build for the first time....

Ill post some pics in a couple days....not at home for some time...

Mjolnir

I rotated the radiator...and only my front 200mm fan is an intake...the radiator and the rear are both exhaust...My temperatures are quite under control..

And no worries...It's always hard when trying to build for the first time....

Ill post some pics in a couple days....not at home for some time...

If you rotated the radiator, does that mean that the Corsair logo is not facing toward the window (upside down when viewed from the window side)? Also, the font stock 200mm fan seems to not push that much air, I could barely feel a breeze; is this the same case for you?

If you rotated the radiator, does that mean that the Corsair logo is not facing toward the window (upside down when viewed from the window side)? Also, the font stock 200mm fan seems to not push that much air, I could barely feel a breeze; is this the same case for you?

Yup, its away from the window side....and....you should connect that fan to the corsair input on the pump....so then you can control the speed....mine spins up like a wind turbine on too heavy load....its not too loud but quite audible and i quite like the sound....sounds badass in my opinion haha...

Mjolnir

• 2 months later...
Dont mean to necro but I recently did a build with this case.

Only problem, good luck fitting a large PSU in there, you will need to cut into the hard drive bay

11050755 10205203972234616 6294092184265481530 O

11043299 10205203976634726 6190968505691709753 O

11034949 10205203975034686 7419547225806031478 O

10865819 10205204018755779 8479391401971771230 O

10466977 10205203976714728 2026390355471125007 O

I hope you all enjoy.

Dont mean to necro but I recently did a build with this case.
Only problem, good luck fitting a large PSU in there, you will need to cut into the hard drive bay

I hope you all enjoy.

Thats a nice build!! ....just a question, why a 1200W PSU for 970 SLI and a 4970? 

I can do a 970 here with a 4960X with just a 600W PSU. I dont think that extra 970 requires so much more power, also, I have a 4960X which consumers more power than the 4970K, so I'd say the max you'd need would be an 800W. Just curious :)

Mjolnir

Thats a nice build!! ....just a question, why a 1200W PSU for 970 SLI and a 4970? 

I can do a 970 here with a 4960X with just a 600W PSU. I dont think that extra 970 requires so much more power, also, I have a 4960X which consumers more power than the 4970K, so I'd say the max you'd need would be an 800W. Just curious :)

Thanks.

The AX1200( 1st gen ) was left over from my last build that was a tri sli GTX 580 back in 2011 when I first built it, I figured Id reuse the *ahem* 300$ power supply, instead of buying a new one.

I am fully aware of the "overkillness" of the PSU but couldnt bring myself into letting it go, and besides, its been awhile since I busted out the power tools for some old fashion PC modifications ;) 

Oh also, its a 4690k in there, not a i7.

Thanks.

The AX1200( 1st gen ) was left over from my last build that was a tri sli GTX 580 back in 2011 when I first built it, I figured Id reuse the *ahem* 300$ power supply, instead of buying a new one.

I am fully aware of the "overkillness" of the PSU but couldnt bring myself into letting it go, and besides, its been awhile since I busted out the power tools for some old fashion PC modifications ;) 

Oh also, its a 4690k in there, not a i7.

That makes sense! And honestly it gives me some relief that such an enormous power supply fit in the case lol. So I don't have to worry much if I have to change mine. What kind of modifications did you do to fit it in? I don't know if i'll ever be using such a big power supply but it doesn't hurt to know :D

Mjolnir

That makes sense! And honestly it gives me some relief that such an enormous power supply fit in the case lol. So I don't have to worry much if I have to change mine. What kind of modifications did you do to fit it in? I don't know if i'll ever be using such a big power supply but it doesn't hurt to know :D

Wasn't too bad, although the modifications are really not ideal for anyone using more than one 3.5 hard drive.

I had to remove the actual tray that holds the motherboard down, So I had to drill out all the rivets, thankfully the rivets are aluminum so they drill out with ease, and they are easily replaceable with any PSU screws that you use to mount the PSU ( Hex tip / Phillips? )

So with the tray out, you'll notice the main issue is the openings for the wire management / Hard Drive rails are flush to any large PSU, leaving no space.

Resolution, you need to cut 2/3 of the Left side rails, by doing this, if you flip your hard drive upside down, the top rail becomes a 4th rail, and the hard drive slides in snug to the roof.

Id attach pictures but 1, I'm at work and 2, I don't want people seeing the shitty cut job I made. 

Other than that, looks great to me, I love this case.

Nice makes mine look positively dull,