Battlefield 4 potentially not shit anymore after 9/30 patch

ComradeHX

The ready system is only for conquest right? 

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Just had my first match after the update, an' well, even though some things are a little better, overall the game is still shit.

Goes to show that no matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.

After playing a few games on classic, the experience for me is definitely much improved.

The extra hud options, fixed ADS recoil anim, audible 'beep' when defib is fully charged and of course the netcode related issues to name a few - all making a noticeable difference.

Even the decreased weapon damage (which I was really concerned about) isn't so bad, though i'm still not sure I agree with it.

Scope sway is realistic... Have you ever used a sniper before? When your heart beats and you breathe your hands move. Even people who are photographers know that.

This is for close and medium ranged sights WHILE FIRING. The sway animation goes all over the place and does not follow the recoil in any way, this is especially noticeable with bipod deployed.

Only thing slightly unrealistic is the absence of parallax.

Where as before, you had to draw a dot on screen or turn on laser for long range shooting...

I haven't used an RDS or ACOG before on a gun but I can assume that it shakes back and forth in real life when being fired.

Go use one and you will realize that BF4 is completely unrealistic.

It did not shake back and forth...it goes in a side by side pattern as if drawing infinity symbol on your screen while bullet shoots at center of screen...

Arma 2/3 did not have such problem.

Neither does real life unless your rds has serious parallax effect.

They patched the smoke grenades. I read on a one of the patches they made the smoke grenade generate the smoke quicker.

I don't recall there being a change that disables 3d spotting through smoke.

Just had my first match after the update, an' well, even though some things are a little better, overall the game is still shit.

Goes to show that no matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.

Did you try Classic mode?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Well, mantle is still borked for me (memory leak issues, pretty frustrating). But it looks like the game is now playable, they seem to have polished the CTE build up a little bit and added most of the important features from it. Now if BF4 had released in this state I would have been okay with it, but not like this. I'll probably go back to it a little bit and dick around with a few friends on conquest large, but that's about it. Great Job EA, ruined another franchise and (possibly) another studio that you bought.....

Well, mantle is still borked for me (memory leak issues, pretty frustrating). But it looks like the game is now playable, they seem to have polished the CTE build up a little bit and added most of the important features from it. Now if BF4 had released in this state I would have been okay with it, but not like this. I'll probably go back to it a little bit and dick around with a few friends on conquest large, but that's about it. Great Job EA, ruined another franchise and (possibly) another studio that you bought.....

At least they released a shitty dlc called hardline; so you can buy BF4 at low price and still be able to play a game that isn't dead.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

At least they released a shitty dlc called hardline; so you can buy BF4 at low price and still be able to play a game that isn't dead.

To be completely fair (not that they deserve it in any way, but whatever) Hardline is not out yet and they did push back the release date for it. Apparently they want it to feel like its own game and not just like a reskinned BF4. That said, no way in a million years I'm buying Hardline and it's probably going to be pretty bad at launch. The Battlefield series is dead, they've lost all the support from their "veterans" who have been playing since 1942 or BF2. Let them keep chasing CODs tail and ruin DICE, I just hope that the talented people there manage to get away from EA in some way.

Even the decreased weapon damage (which I was really concerned about) isn't so bad, though i'm still not sure I agree with it.

Combined with the shitty "Netcode" it ain't so great.

Depending on the ROF of the gun you are using, you can smear someone with bullets with 99% accuracy and they're still alive after absorbing an entire clip

and then if they are using a high ROF gun they can just snap around and 4 shot kill you in an instant.

DICE totally ignored people in the CTE telling then what was wrong with the new damage model combined with the netcode

hell they even changed the damage model without telling anyone, let alone anyone even asking for it.

DICE only announced the change after tons of people were asking why their bullets were doing no damage.

DICE has wasted several months on mostly cosmetic crap and done absolutely nothing about the bugs that have plagued the game since day 1.

Battlelog is also filled with complaints about MASSIVE drops in FPS.  

I'm getting 6-20 FPS on all settings on all maps now + a shit ton of stuttering.

As usual, morons are responding with "Get a better PC".... "Stop using dialup"  blah blah blah.

To be completely fair (not that they deserve it in any way, but whatever) Hardline is not out yet and they did push back the release date for it. Apparently they want it to feel like its own game and not just like a reskinned BF4. That said, no way in a million years I'm buying Hardline and it's probably going to be pretty bad at launch. The Battlefield series is dead, they've lost all the support from their "veterans" who have been playing since 1942 or BF2. Let them keep chasing CODs tail and ruin DICE, I just hope that the talented people there manage to get away from EA in some way.

I was under the impression that they delayed it to better prepare for/avoid the "BF4 launch disaster."

This is for close and medium ranged sights WHILE FIRING. The sway animation goes all over the place and does not follow the recoil in any way, this is especially noticeable with bipod deployed.

Only thing slightly unrealistic is the absence of parallax.

Where as before, you had to draw a dot on screen or turn on laser for long range shooting...

Go use one and you will realize that BF4 is completely unrealistic.

It did not shake back and forth...it goes in a side by side pattern as if drawing infinity symbol on your screen while bullet shoots at center of screen...

Arma 2/3 did not have such problems.

If they programmed it to just have recoil rather than a recoil animation I think they'd find that issue to be easily solved. I don't play BF4 so I was just going off the assumption that you were talking about actual scope sway and not the animation for recoil my appoligies.

If they programmed it to just have recoil rather than a recoil animation I think they'd find that issue to be easily solved. I don't play BF4 so I was just going off the assumption that you were talking about actual scope sway and not the animation for recoil my appoligies.

Well that's why they fixed it to just follow the recoil.

===========

The made my game run below 60fps on ultra...f**k EA.

Well that's why they fixed it to just follow the recoil.

===========

The made my game run below 60fps on ultra...f**k EA.

Weird they wouldn't have done that to begin with FPS programming 101.

Weird they wouldn't have done that to begin with FPS programming 101.

It's EA -> DICE.

DICE has not been normal since 2142.

Theres no scope sway when you fire a rifle. You lose sight picture and sight alignment, but you don't see a sway.

It's EA -> DICE.

DICE has not been normal since 2142.

-138 years and they are producing worse games. What is Time Travel?

Nothing has really change, just some noobs got it easier now.

Oh please dont come.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

just FYI, there is not a thing as "a netcode" 

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

just FYI, there is not a thing as "a netcode" 

if there is no netcode, what are we going to blame that we got killed by a more skilled player?

if there is no netcode, what are we going to blame that we got killed by a more skilled player?

Hacks.

I've only played it for around 10 hours and I preordered it... Maybe I'll give it a try.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler