Blackberry Z10

KirbyTech

Currently I have a Z10 and I love it. Shape feels right, size is good although an 1/8th inch smaller would be nice. The OS is great, my only issue is I borrowed a friend's phone and Pebble for about 2 weeks while he was out of country and I loved the Pebble. Could have done with out the phone though. Issue now comes where the Pebble is not compatible with the Z10. What would you guys recommend doing?

@KirbyTech

Well, the Pebble was designed to work on Android and iOS(?). I don't believe they ever mentioned anything about it working on Blackberry devices, even though they have Bluetooth. 

You can (apparently) get the Pebble to work on the Z10, although it is unofficial. 

I've never owned a Z10, so I can't help out too much, but I did find this article explaining how to set it up. Try it out and let us know your results!

http://www.connectedly.com/how-use-pebble-blackberry-10

COMIC SANS

@KirbyTech

Well, the Pebble was designed to work on Android and iOS(?). I don't believe they ever mentioned anything about it working on Blackberry devices, even though they have Bluetooth. 

You can (apparently) get the Pebble to work on the Z10, although it is unofficial. 

I've never owned a Z10, so I can't help out too much, but I did find this article explaining how to set it up. Try it out and let us know your results!

http://www.connectedly.com/how-use-pebble-blackberry-10

I know you can't officially get it to work with BB. That is why I was asking for your recommendations. New phone? Other good smart watch that will work?

I know you can't officially get it to work with BB. That is why I was asking for your recommendations. New phone? Other good smart watch that will work?

I'd say get a new phone. Blackberry's don't have much functionality. How much would you be willing to spend?

COMIC SANS

I'd say get a new phone. Blackberry's don't have much functionality. How much would you be willing to spend?

Blackberry OS 10.2.1 is amazing. Much better than any Android or IOS I have seen or tried. As for how much i am willing to spend, price does not matter. I want something I will be happy with in 2 years still. 

Search talk2watch in BBworld. It has a free and a paid version I think.

Blackberry OS 10.2.1 is amazing. Much better than any Android or IOS I have seen or tried. As for how much i am willing to spend, price does not matter. I want something I will be happy with in 2 years still.

Hm, maybe go for the LG G3 or HTC One M8? Or wait a little bit for the Nexus 6 to come out.

COMIC SANS

Currently I have a Z10 and I love it. Shape feels right, size is good although an 1/8th inch smaller would be nice. The OS is great, my only issue is I borrowed a friend's phone and Pebble for about 2 weeks while he was out of country and I loved the Pebble. Could have done with out the phone though. Issue now comes where the Pebble is not compatible with the Z10. What would you guys recommend doing?

you  know that you can install  android apps on os 10.2 right 

if i helped you and im right give me best answer ok  ;)

you  know that you can install  android apps on os 10.2 right 

Trust me you can't I have tried to. Then proceeded to look it up and it says 10.3 and for non release phones (ones that did not release with 10.3) it will be 10.3.1

They have a significant amount of functionality...just maybe not what you're looking to use it for.

The new Passport nails a lot of short comings for editing docs etc.

I have a diehard BB fan as a friend, and he has the same opinion as you, however have you actually spent any great deal of time with an Android device?

It takes a few weeks to get used to, but after that honestly it can do a lot more than a Blackberry can.

I'd suggest the Z3 Compact. Smaller than the Z10 (barely), but it has a much larger screen.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

They have a significant amount of functionality...just maybe not what you're looking to use it for.

The new Passport nails a lot of short comings for editing docs etc.

I have a diehard BB fan as a friend, and he has the same opinion as you, however have you actually spent any great deal of time with an Android device?

It takes a few weeks to get used to, but after that honestly it can do a lot more than a Blackberry can.

I'd suggest the Z3 Compact. Smaller than the Z10 (barely), but it has a much larger screen.

Smaller is nice, because I think the Z10 is the biggest I would want. And no I have not spent much time with Android. I don't care about most things on phones now days. Feel, size, build quality, good email and text support (good UI), overall simple to use. I do so much tech in my life that it is nice to not worry about my phone. If it was not for them being needed now days and my email I would not have one. 

Smaller is nice, because I think the Z10 is the biggest I would want. And no I have not spent much time with Android. I don't care about most things on phones now days. Feel, size, build quality, good email and text support (good UI), overall simple to use. I do so much tech in my life that it is nice to not worry about my phone. If it was not for them being needed now days and my email I would not have one. 

Hm, honestly if that's all you do with your phone I'd probably look at the original Moto G instead. Perhaps the Z1 Compact.

You can download a wide variety of keyboards for Android, so one of them would likely cater to your needs.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Trust me you can't I have tried to. Then proceeded to look it up and it says 10.3 and for non release phones (ones that did not release with 10.3) it will be 10.3.1

You can install android apps I have lots of android apps running on my z10. The pebble app probaply won't work because of notification incompatibility. Mayne head over to crackberry.com for help with the pebble if that's all you want. And to install apps you need to sideload snap a google play client and then you can download every app but not all work ofcourse.

You can install android apps I have lots of android apps running on my z10. The pebble app probaply won't work because of notification incompatibility. Mayne head over to crackberry.com for help with the pebble if that's all you want. And to install apps you need to sideload snap a google play client and then you can download every app but not all work ofcourse.

Not worth the work, I use my phone for email, text and calls. Maybe music or camera once in a while so the only apps I really want are pebble and the google music one.

Hm, honestly if that's all you do with your phone I'd probably look at the original Moto G instead. Perhaps the Z1 Compact.

You can download a wide variety of keyboards for Android, so one of them would likely cater to your needs.

Having an up to date phone is something important to me because I want the ability to change my usage in the future, any phone I get will be on contract so cost is not a worry at all. Android L looks to be nice so maybe I'll wait it out.

im sure as hell that i can i have a z10 and i installed instargrm,hot or not and facebook and its been great

Note : instagram and hot or not can't be installed from blackberry world

if i helped you and im right give me best answer ok  ;)

im sure as hell that i can i have a z10 and i installed instargrm,hot or not and facebook and its been great

Note : instagram and hot or not can't be installed from blackberry world

Side loading yes, through blackberry world no. It is not worth the time to do that when I could careless about social media, games, ect. 

Having an up to date phone is something important to me because I want the ability to change my usage in the future, any phone I get will be on contract so cost is not a worry at all. Android L looks to be nice so maybe I'll wait it out.

Nexus 5?

It's not a huge difference in size once it's in hand, and they should be very cheap once the Nexus 6 is released.

I don't think the Z3 Compact is going to come to Canadian carriers. It does limit you quite a bit device wise.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Yeah being in Canada limits many things. Maybe I'll get the Nexus 6 when it comes out.