MSI Twin Frozr V 980 or EVGA SC 980 ACX 2.0?

OllieBarrie

I am stumped as I love the look of the MSI card and it's twin frozr design but EVGA is seen as a more popular brand. Any help?

Thanks.

Upcoming build: 4790k OC @ 4.6Ghz, Dual MSI 980 Twin Frozr V, 16 GB Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz RAM, 760T Corsair Case w/ Razer Blackwidow Chroma 

Fromw hat I've read the MSI card is cooler and quieter, and any performance changes are negligible and up to the good old silicon lottery.

I'd go MSI becAause it is the smex.

And would match my motherboard.

I am the Black Mage, I cast the magic that makes the people fall down

Fromw hat I've read the MSI card is cooler and quieter, and any performance changes are negligible and up to the good old silicon lottery.

I'd go MSI becAause it is the smex.

And would match my motherboard.

Oh really, sounds good!

Upcoming build: 4790k OC @ 4.6Ghz, Dual MSI 980 Twin Frozr V, 16 GB Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz RAM, 760T Corsair Case w/ Razer Blackwidow Chroma 

I would go with the Twin Frozr V from MSI. I've been reading about thermal problems with EVGA's ACX 2.0 as a result from them cutting manufacturing costs. And the Twin Frozr design looks so much cooler.

Does anyone know when the MSI version comes out? They have it up on there site, but can't find any information regarding the release date.

Does anyone know when the MSI version comes out? They have it up on there site, but can't find any information regarding the release date.

These cards are sooo hard to get atm. Everyone is camping retailers and refreshing. People are posting them for 900$ on Ebay and they are selling lmao

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Go with the MSI GTX 970 Gaming http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NN0GEXQ. It has a better custom PCB and cooler than the ACX 2.0. It's an all around better card.

Edit: I just realized you said 980 but my suggestion still stands for the 980 as well.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, ASUS Maximus VII Hero, i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX 980Ti SC, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2X8GB 1866Mhz CL9, 2X Crucial M500 960GB, EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 GS, ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q w/ nVidia 3D Vision 2

Oh really, sounds good!

Yeah, and the fans are controlled in such a way that they can outright turn off when they don't need to be on, which is good for silence freaks.

I'm personally looking at a Twin Frozr 980 unless AMD brings something seriously competitive to the table.

I am the Black Mage, I cast the magic that makes the people fall down