so my dad brought this up yesterday, someone at his work has this streaming box thing

http://www.amazon.com/G-Box-Midnight-MX2-Android-Streaming/dp/B00CH643A8

from what i can tell, it's a android version of  a apple tv

and was getting all excited about how his friend can stream all the live sport for free, like golf, soccer,motorsport etc.

From what he told, his friend said this is all legal, that he doesnt have to pay a subscription to watch all this live sport content.

I said that its not legal, as you have to pay a subsription here in NZ to get any live sport to watch

He doesnt seem to understand that this isnt a problem, streaming the content for free

help me out here.

Looking for a job

You are correct, it is not legal as he is circumventing payment to obtain paid content.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You are correct, it is not legal as he is circumventing payment to obtain paid content.

yeah thought so

apparently a relative of ours has this box as well, and they say it's all legal too

he said he'll find out more from his work colleague, but he's missing the point.

we have a free to air sports channel that shows Moto GP, some cricket and EPL, but that is a legal TV channel

he doesnt understand the streaming sports legality, despite the fact such legal options dont exist here in NZ

Looking for a job