Fresh install of Win7 And something seems wrong with cpu

jiaweiiii

So i just did a clean reinstall of win7 . Note before i did a fresh install my cpu was still performing fine . Is only after i did a fresh install i think it's software problem but i ain't really sure . I only have steam , spotify on it currently . But even when i drag my task manager around it will hit 100% cpu usage

Specs of the pc? 

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Chipset Drivers installed?

GPU Drivers installed?

Before installing these and moving Windows around the screen I would see huge spikes too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Drivers installed?

Chipset Drivers installed?

GPU Drivers installed?

Before installing these and moving Windows around the screen I would see huge spikes too.

Yes i've installed gpu drivers . By chipset drivers what do you mean ?

Specs of the pc? 

Msi b85 g43 

i5 4570 

msi r9 280x

superflower hx 600(just exchanged)

Have you looked at the background processes? Try booting in safe mode and see if its still at 100% load.

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Have you looked at the background processes? Try booting in safe mode and see if its still at 100% load.

Yeap there's nothing much running only avira anti virus + me draggin my taskbar around

Chipset drivers are mobo drivers. Usually containing proper drivers for Cpu ,Sata and Usb devices.

Amd don't package these into their gpu drivers either.

So you will need them.

Your motherboard website has them

search it for your model. Find the support/downloads and find your drivers.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Chipset drivers are mobo drivers.

Amd don't package these into their gpu drivers either.

So you will need them.

Your motherboard website has them

search it for your model. Find the support/downloads and find your drivers.

Oh already did . But weird thing is the temp is hovering around 35-45 but when draggin taskbar around usage still gets up to 100%

Yeap there's nothing much running only avira anti virus + me draggin my taskbar around

Turn off or uninstall the anti virus and try it.

Are you using task manager to get your information? It may be glitching when you move it. Try moving other applications and see if it changes.

Spoiler

AMD 8320 with Noctua NH-D15|ASrock Fatallity Killer 990fx|Sapphire Tri-X R9 290|8gb HyperX Fury Black 1866 MHz|Thermaltake 850W Gold|NZXT H440|Logitech G19s||R.A.T 9|Razer Vespula|Astro A50|Corsair Voyager GT 64 gb

Comp overclocker - Tinkerer - I thoroughly enjoy putting 12v into things that say 5v

Are you using task manager to get your information? It may be glitching when you move it. Try moving other applications and see if it changes.

i just restarted my pc and when i tried to open steam + device manager together the cpu usage hit 100% and took more than a min to load

Probably something to do with svchost.exe? I'm saying that because you did a clean install and you probably didn't install all recommended updates yet. svchost.exe is a process which "manages" services that have a .dll extension because those services cannot run on their own (for they are not executables themselves). The problem is that it sometimes bugs and takes up all of your CPU headroom. To check if this is the cause of your problem, you can open up taskmanager, check the "show all processes" box and sort the processes by CPU-usage. If an svchost.exe uses a lot of CPU-power, then that's the problem.

If so, I'll try giving you instructions to fix it.

Wi RoZ

@juaweiiii

Before we continue, is the process taking up 100% of the CPU "System Idle Process" or something similar by any chance? If so then it's not 100% of the CPU being used but 100% of the CPU being idle.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

@juaweiiii

Before we continue, is the process taking up 100% of the CPU "System Idle Process" or something similar by any chance? If so then it's not 100% of the CPU being used but 100% of the CPU being idle.

Nope . Cant be as when i go to task manager it's stating CPU usage at 50-70% when im just downloading some games and stuff

But im thinking might it be because its using my CPU Instead of gpu ?

EDIT : 2nd option is impossible as dxdiag shows im using my gpu