Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor

Sack

No you don't. I can run Ultra textures (yes I downloaded them) at 1080p just fine on a 3GB 780. Every other setting is maxed, except motion blur as I hate that crap.

You can enable the ultra setting even if you don't have 6GB of VRAM, but it will run at high if you don't have it.

As I suspected, the 6GB VRAM panic was premature. One would think people would have learned the "PC requirement" lesson a while ago or at least recently with Watch Dogs.

This lowly PC of mine, runs the game, with the texture pack installed and enabled at maxed out setting (only motion blur is off) @1440p

PC:
-I5-2400 on a H67 mobo (it's a non K chip so don't even wonder about clocks)
-2x4GB DDR3 @1333MHz
-MSI 7950 TWIN FROZR III (stock clocks)
-Q270 Catleap
-WIN 8.1

Now, the game is still very playable like that but  the average FPS  is too low for me is so I turn a few things down to climb back to high 40's.

If my rig can render it very playable maxed @1440p and smooth with a few options turned down, most of the rigs I see on forums can render it buttery smooth with no compromises at any resolution. 

Here is a few screenshot for infidels:

shadowofmordor2014-10goaxd.jpg

shadowofmordor2014-10zkutm.jpg

shadowofmordor2014-102pxd1.jpg

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

You can enable the ultra setting even if you don't have 6GB of VRAM, but it will run at high if you don't have it.

I got confused :(

Do you mean that we can enable the Ultra settings with the HD pack downloaded but internally it will be still running on high if the GPU doesn't have 6 GB VRAM ??

Or is the Ultra setting grayed out as the game detects that the GPU doesn't have 6 GB VRAM, though you have installed the HD Pack separately ?

I got confused :(

Do you mean that we can enable the Ultra settings with the HD pack downloaded but internally it will be still running on high if the GPU doesn't have 6 GB VRAM ??

Or is the Ultra setting grayed out as the game detects that the GPU doesn't have 6 GB VRAM, though you have installed the HD Pack separately ?

If you have the texture pack, you can use it regardless of your GPU memory size, you don't need to have a 6GB GPU. l lost ~5 FPS switching to ultra from high.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Have played it for some hours with the ultra texture pack on my 290X Lightning

Have everything on full (motion blur off), running smooth over 60fps all the time, MSI Afterburning showing that all VRAM is used most of the time (but dips to just 3GB ~ from time to time) 

So the 6GB VRAM "reccomendation" is not neeeded for 1080p : )

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64