Corsair K70 RGB vs Razer Chroma

Hello, I'm trying to decide rather to buy Razer Chroma or Corsair K70 RGB.

I found out that Razer have cool features that keyboard react to the game's enviroment. such as if you get killed, keyboard will turn red if you set so.

On the other hand, Corsair can't do this.

Corsair have different keys. Such as red, brown and blue. I personally want to try red because I'm deciding to start a youtube and to do so, I need to get quiet keyboard.

On the other hand, Razer only have one key, which is a green key. green key is pretty much like a blue key but more durable. This can be bad for recording because the loud keyboard noise might get pick up on the microphone.

I'm currently using Razer Ultimate and it's really loud. My family can hear me typing from all over the house (my house isn't that small) when i keep my door open. Sometime, even I close my door, they still can hear it. I was surely gonna buy Corsair RGB since it's much more quieter but I found out that Razer Chroma act different depending on game and most importantly it fades out O.o Yes, it looks suuuper cool. It react when you click the key and fades out slowly. I really wanted that kind of keyboard.

Corsair give you rist rest for $169.99 (seriously get that 99 cents out of here. what's wrong with people these days) but the Razer doesn't give rist reset at the same price of $169.99 I wasn't really care about the rist reset but it get really uncomfortable if you use the keyboard for 1 or 2 hours.

Razer's soft ware is much more easier to use over the Corsair's soft ware.

Corsair have aluminum body but Razer have full plastic.

What I want is the keyboard that can be fade out, not loud and ease to use. Not really sure what to buy right now.

If you had experience with both of these keyboard or the previous versions (Razer ultimate and corsair k70 without rgb) please leave your opinion.

I would not go for Razer. Their product arent"t as good as they were before. I I think the Corsair RGB can do that Fading color. Just need to configure it.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I would not go for Razer. Their product arent"t as good as they were before. I I think the Corsair RGB can do that Fading color. Just need to configure it.

we got one and 2 keys dont work that well anymore, and we only got it for 3 years

Personally I'd go with the Corsair. I just bought the regular K70(no RGB for me lol) and couldn't be happier. Its build quality is excellent and the usb passthrough works pretty good. The only thing I dislike about it is the "bumpy" spacebar, but I think the RGB version comes with a smooth one. The only thing missing would be macros, but I saw a video for macroing a K70 so maybe you can?(won't confirm until I can prove it/ and maybe I'm an idiot that didn't install drivers)

As for the Razer I can't comment too much on it(as the only Razer product I own is the Scarab), but I haven't had that good luck with Kaihl switches(the maker of the "Razer" switches). I had a Zalman Zm-K500 and some of the switches stopped working just after a year of use(I was able to confirm that the switch was the failing point and not something else). I had similar issues with a similar keyboard(same design as the Zm-K500, just a brand in a language I don't know).

Personally I would go Corsair. I currently am using the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition (Brown switches) and I like it, but the feel is very plastic which makes sense I guess, I have never owned a corsair keyboard but I have pre-ordered the K70 RGB and can't wait for it's arrival since my Razer keyboard like many others' disconnects frequently making you have to go to the back of your computer, unplug, then replug in the usb cable for the keyboard. I also have never tried Razers new mechanical switches as they are not Cherry MX (most switches are Cherry MX branded) so they might be better, they might not be but I haven't heard much positiveness from those who have tried.

I also tried the whole YouTube thing and needed a Mechanical keyboard to be as quiet as it possibly could (for me it had to have the tactile feedback still) and in my experience with all my test recordings with different switch types, Browns are the quietest (I also do a fair bit of blogging and coding so it is good to have a hybrid in between gaming and typing)

My First PC Build Thread >> RIGHT HERE <<

SPECS! CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer PSU: Corsair CX-750 Modular 80+ Bronze | SSD: Plextor PX-128M5S 128GB HDD3 x Seagate SV35 Series 2TB HDD | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown| Mouse: Logitech G600 | Cooling: 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro 200mm Green LED Fan, 1x BitFenix Spectre Pro 120mm Green LED Fan

Could we get some pictures of your lovley rgb keyboards here?!
i want to the the goodness! (waiting for them to arive over here in Swedenland)

Redliquid~