BitFenix Pandora

lol that pcmasterrace sticker

It's not a sticker. It's a small panel that can display whatever you want :)

It's not a sticker. It's a small panel that can display whatever you want :)

oh. i thought that was just a sticker. thanks for your correction!  :)

CPU:  i5 4690 Motherboard: AsRock H81M-VG4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz Graphics Card: Sapphire HD7870 OC Intel HD4600  MSI R9 270X HAWX Storage: 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm, 120GB WDC Scorpio 5400 rpm PSU: Corsair VS550 Chassis: Custom Open Air Case OS: Windows 8.1 X64 Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical Mousepad: Roccat Taito Keyboard: Armageddon Kalashnikov AK-770i

I think you forgot to mention it's an mATX case in the video. Come on guys, that's basic stuff!

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

Paused on this frame and couldn't resist.

2441nba.png

Looks SLICK.

I really like the look of it but how easy it is to get clean would really bug the hell out of me! Loved Slick doing the review though! :)

My First PC Build Thread >> RIGHT HERE <<

SPECS! CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer PSU: Corsair CX-750 Modular 80+ Bronze | SSD: Plextor PX-128M5S 128GB HDD3 x Seagate SV35 Series 2TB HDD | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown| Mouse: Logitech G600 | Cooling: 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro 200mm Green LED Fan, 1x BitFenix Spectre Pro 120mm Green LED Fan

I like the direction that this case is headed. Compact stylish gaming rig. Little watercooling support, Space for a few SSDs and a hard drive. That's it. Compact... love it.

As for the review: nice video! But i would've liked a few more introductory words about what this case even is and what it's meant for, like what i said above. ;)

who cares...

the case looks so elegant, until every crappy details the review unveiled. too thin for me, seems to be designed for a non upgradable build.

Hey Nick :D

It would be awesome if the screen supported Gifs.

Aluminum. I don't like it because it stains so easily. I want someone to make a case with brushed plastic that mimics aluminum.

I find brushed plastic to be tacky, imo. As someone who had a Lian Li case, brushed plastic looks as much as real aluminium as a carbon fibre sticker does to the real thing. I dunno why they can't do the brushed effect on steel, it'd look closer since metal and wouldn't have that staining problem. 

The crappy cable management room is unacceptable. If the chassis has been just 0.75 inches wider, it would have made life a lot easier.

Honestly, I don't think Birfenix has released a compelling chassis in a LONG time. Even the Prodigy has been displaced. 

There is no Bitfenix case (excluding the prodigy) at a compelling price point with good cable management, good cooling, and good aesthetics. Not even the Ronin (see the Anandtech review). 

And the Shinobi is outdated. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I actually really like it. If they can fix the issues, I would definitely use it for a custom system and hackintosh.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

It's kind of hard to explain, but I would have liked that case less if Slick hadn't mentioned it had defects.

Cases that sacrifice functionality and value for aesthetics shouldn't be faultless. If they're faultless, you start comparing them to utilitarian cases and then they don't make sense.

Fixing it or finding a trick to avoid a problem makes the case yours.

Well said, exactly why I love the BitFenix Survivor, an objectively rubbish case that I had to modify a lot to even get proper airflow in. But there's no case like it and I love it.

BitFenix just puts a lot of soul into their cases, (except the mATX Prodigy cash grab) but almost all of them are flawed.

Other case makers mostly seem stale and safe in comparison.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

i must say, i think it looks beautiful. But i couldn't be arsed to deal with all the hassle and limited interior space/placement just for the sake of a slick looking case.

Slick's sick case review!

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

What does the Pandora "core" not have compared to the pricier normal version on NCIX?

The 'Core' version is without the LCD, or 'ICON' as BitFenix are calling it, in the front. Instead there will just be the BitFenix badge when they actually come on sale. 

I love the digital image at the front, really innovative of them! Hope more computer cases do the same

The only cool thing about this case was the front digital image that you get to customize.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Great review. lol was the disappointed father joke really necessary though?

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

I really love the design of the case, it just barely fits a stock graphics card and looks awesome but if Slick's hands have trouble dealing with the case, then mine probably will too :(

I can see why they couldn't really implement the typical slide lock type of thing for the side panels but I believe they could've used a combination of the ball joint thing and a hook as a hinge so that it has slightly more grip.

It would be awesome if the entire front panel is the Bitfenix Icon and supports gif files but that is probably asking for too much already xD

I'm excited to see a Pandora 2 :D

Distaaaance!

It would the perfect steam box cases to put aside your TV. So much style

I like the looks and how you can change the icon display at the front. But I don't like things that are hard to clean because I live in a place where you have to dust frequently. Plus, I don't like my dual 120mm radiator at the front intakes. :( Nice review, Luke!

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB | MOBO: ASUS P877-M | GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 670 FTW | HDD: 1.3TB Seagate Barracuda | Audio: ASUS Xonar DX | Headphones: Sennheiser HD558 | Mic: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65

This is a nice looking case, but dang the problems you mentioned are concerning :/