MX Blue vs Razer Green

Actually after I felt what the switches were like I bought the black widow tournament edition. It was only $60 that is definitely cheaper than any other mx cherry keyboard I know of. 

If you're comfortable with the price, and liked the feel of the switch, that's all that matters. Hope you have oodles of fun with it.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

If you're comfortable with the price, and liked the feel of the switch, that's all that matters. Hope you have oodles of fun with it.

I hope so too my current keyboard is a bag of ass so I had to jump on it for that price. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Actually after I felt what the switches were like I bought the black widow tournament edition. It was only $60 that is definitely cheaper than any other mx cherry keyboard I know of.

So you bought their TKL board. I don't think they updated the switches in that yet though I may be wrong.

So you bought their TKL board. I don't think they updated the switches in that yet though I may be wrong.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114041&cm_re=razer_black_widow-_-23-114-038-_-Product

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Looks like they have hit everything now. Even the orbweaver couldnt escape.

When I was walking around best buy they had one of those on display too. It wasn't the green switches for sure. But it could have been last years model. 

When I was walking around best buy they had one of those on display too. It wasn't the green switches for sure. But it could have been last years model.

Probably was and at the best buy I was at the display model still had blue switches when the boards didn't.

I had the bwu 2013 with blue switches and it was broken out of the box. Some of the LED's didn't light up. I ended up exchanging it for the g710 with cherry brown switches. I didn't like the feel of the brown and ended up buying a bwu 2014 with razer green switches when it came out. So far, so good. No broken keys or any issues at all while being used every day. I don't think there's gonna be a noticeable difference in quality but everyone has their own preference for the feel and sound they're looking for.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

You have every right to be, it's Razer attempt to market their Kailh made switches as the gaming switch. In all likeliness, these Kailh made Razer switches are cheaper yet the BWU 2014 is sold at the same or higher prices than the Cherry MX BWU 2013 models. Razer is trying to increase their profit by going from Cherry to Kailh.

Razer has been shafting everyone who buys their products. First they take out the onboard memory for data mining software that they then sell. Now they use cheaper to manufacture switches, telling everyone it's "gamer grade". They keep cutting costs that impact performance, while everyone else keeps adding features that make their products heads and shoulders better.

And yet, people keep buying it...

Looks like they have hit everything now. Even the orbweaver couldnt escape.

I love the orbweaver, I'm just hoping Logitech answers with their Romer G switches and makes a competing product.

-snip-

I love the orbweaver, I'm just hoping Logitech answers with their Romer G switches and makes a competing product.

But the layout on their version is poop.

But the layout on their version is poop.

I wouldn't say "poop" it's just not nearly as ergonomic, or set up for gaming. It's more of a productivity tool than a game board. If they can implement features from the Orbweaver like an 8 position thumb stick with actual gating, with key map switching and similar ergonomics, they could steal the market from Razer over night.

I wouldn't say "poop" it's just not nearly as ergonomic, or set up for gaming. It's more of a productivity tool than a game board. If they can implement features from the Orbweaver like an 8 position thumb stick with actual gating, with key map switching and similar ergonomics, they could steal the market from Razer over night.

Just the key sizes and placements and stuff. I have used both as a friend had one which is what got me to buy my orbweaver. Also way way back I had a Belkin n52e way back in the day.

Just the key sizes and placements and stuff. I have used both as a friend had one which is what got me to buy my orbweaver. Also way way back I had a Belkin n52e way back in the day.

Haha. After my Nostromo N52te stopped working in windows 7 when I upgraded I had to go with the G13 for a while and I hated it. It's what made me buy the orbweaver when it came out. Now I'm just so fed up with Synapse and the build quality of razer I'm desperate for anyone to step up and offer a competing product.

Haha. After my Nostromo N52te stopped working in windows 7 when I upgraded I had to go with the G13 for a while and I hated it. It's what made me buy the orbweaver when it came out. Now I'm just so fed up with Synapse and the build quality of razer I'm desperate for anyone to step up and offer a competing product.

Synapse for me works great. What issues are you having with it? Also what build quality issues are you having because I havnt had any really. The thumbstick part does move back if I pull back too hard though and this doesn't happen on my newer orbweaver.

And no im not tryign to call you out or anything. I am really actually wondering sicne I have two and I have 2-3 friends that have them without issue.

This is long, just remember you asked!

The rubber palm grip adhesive has slid off. Leaving everything it's touched a gooey sticky mess. I had to take goof-off to it, and it STILL didn't work. It just dissolved in to an oily mess.

It also had an air bubble when it arrived in the wrist rest area causing it to slowly get bigger and bigger until I tried to "fix" it by taking the rubber off. Revealing another sticky mess but not as bad as the palm rest.

The thumb section, great idea for it's adjustability but in actual use? It wobbles and flexes not letting me get a good hit on the button, it's REALLY bad when I have to spam it in rapid fire presses. I have to tighten all the screws on the bottom every few weeks. And they put a metric butt ton on it.

Not really a quality control issue, but the thumb stick is nearly useless for granular use. So you're mostly limited to the four directions and key maps. And in MMO's and RTS's I could REALLY use all 8, some kind of gating like on a car shifter, would be awesome.

And finally the synapse software... Aside from the tedium of programming keys, and forgetting to save and having to do it all over again, that's user error, I guess.

The key map switching lags slow enough that it's not an instant "on-off" switch. It's "engage the key map for a second, press the button, let go for a second." Two seconds is a lifetime in games.

Then there is the occasional profile getting stuck in the wrong key map. Not doing what you want it to do. Which means I have to rotate the stick again 360 degrees until it rests in "keymap 1" doing what I want it to do. And there's no cue out of the corner of my eye to tell me what keymap I'm in except for three tiny little LED's that are confusing until I committed them to memory. Throwing their Chroma LED's on it would let me assign a color for each key map. But they didn't even do that.

Most of these Synapse issues could have been easily solved with onboard memory.

• 1 month later...

Just curious as to the people who bash the bwu 2014/chroma have actually owned them to say they are crap.

Giving out their opinion about the longevity of the switches when they just came out the market.(have you pressed the switch 30 million times?)

i own a bwu 2014 and i love em but i dont go around and bash the cherry mx blue.

just my 2 cents, it's all a matter of preference on the switch feel and how you want you setup to look like.

everybody's a winner. R E L A X

• 3 months later...

Just to deffend razer a bit here from those who wrote that they switched to Kailh was becouse cherry had signed an exclusive deal with corsair to only make rgb switches for them, also reading alot about this I've concluded that razers said "improvements" to the lifespan of the keyboard probobly is false but not becouse they're made by another company but becouse they're too similar to mx blues. I don't own the keyboard yet so I can't confirm if this is true but I felt like razer was put a bit too much into the dirt here.

Just curious as to the people who bash the bwu 2014/chroma have actually owned them to say they are crap.

Giving out their opinion about the longevity of the switches when they just came out the market.(have you pressed the switch 30 million times?)

i own a bwu 2014 and i love em but i dont go around and bash the cherry mx blue.

just my 2 cents, it's all a matter of preference on the switch feel and how you want you setup to look like.

everybody's a winner. R E L A X

Ummm, go ahead, try and bash Cherry MX Blue, I double dare you! :rolleyes:  Of course, nobody's pressed the Kailh switch more than 30 million times, but opinions of Kailh is based on them being the cheap Cherry clone (or knock off) makers BEFORE Razer bought from them. Did you hear of Kailh BEFORE Razer's 'improved' switch campaign? Peeps trust Cherry MX because it has a proven track record, Razer's Kailh switches are of unknown quantity .....give your Razer BWU 2014 a few years and see if they're still good.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2