MX Blue vs Razer Green

Went to the local BestBuy and found the Razer Blackwidow Chroma in stock. I was so tempting to buy it. 

Is there any difference from going from blues to Razer greens? 

*don't want to wait for the blue rgb keyboard cause those are expected to ship in december according to newegg*

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

You where the one in store, youll know better than any of us

Some people say there is but I own an original blackwidow with mx blues and recently tried the new blackwidow there was barely a difference I think the only downside would be the lifespan as I hear they don't last as long.

Orignial MX Blue is still better I think. I'm not sure about Razer's "Gaming-Optimized Switches" that Made in China. People has been saying that they don't last long, and quality isn't that strong compare to Cherry MX switches

Spoiler

This is HEAVILY subjective. We really can tell you anytning.

Orignial MX Blue is still better I think. I'm not sure about Razer's "Gaming-Optimized Switches" that Made in China. People has been saying that they don't last long, and quality isn't that strong compare to Cherry MX switches

It's Khail made while they don't last as long they are used quite a lot now.

Hmmm so quality wise they aren't good....

But how many people are reporting poor quality? A huge majority or a minute minority.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

I had a 2013 ultimate 2014 ultimate and now a chroma. There is a difference between even the 2014 and chroma even though they use they same switches. I read they are improved. It seems the chroma isn't as clicky sounding compared to the 2014 and the 2014 isn't as clicky sounding as the blue in the 2013. I personally like the chroma the most so far. I say buy it and get a protection plan from best buy. Then you have two years if it breaks to exchange it.

Hmmm so quality wise they aren't good....

But how many people are reporting poor quality? A huge majority or a minute minority.

From what I can tell not many people yet the 2014 blackwidow didn't get many returns.

Kalih ? Anyway if that's true then I'm kinda dissapointed

Spoiler

Kalih ? Anyway if that's true then I'm kinda dissapointed

You have every right to be, it's Razer attempt to market their Kailh made switches as the gaming switch. In all likeliness, these Kailh made Razer switches are cheaper yet the BWU 2014 is sold at the same or higher prices than the Cherry MX BWU 2013 models. Razer is trying to increase their profit by going from Cherry to Kailh.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

You have every right to be, it's Razer attempt to market their Kailh made switches as the gaming switch. In all likeliness, these Kailh made Razer switches are cheaper yet the BWU 2014 is sold at the same or higher prices than the Cherry MX BWU 2013 models. Razer is trying to increase their profit by going from Cherry to Kailh.

Sounds good to me ! What a pity that I don't have any of those mechanical keyboards to use in a long-term period to really see what's the real deal behind those keyboards.

Spoiler

my 2013 blackwidow ultimate is shit now....... must have the chromaaaaaaaaa

CPU: Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.5ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i / Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 /

RAM: 16gb 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LP / GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti / PSU: Corsair AX850 / OS: Windows 8.1 /

Storage: Boot Drive 128gb Crucial M4 SSD, 1.5TB WD Green / Case: Ultra Defender II White /

Monitors: 2x 23" Acer G235H's / Peripherals: 2013 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Keyboard, 2013 Razer Deathadder Mouse /

Laptop: 17'' HP ENVY Touchsmart M7-J020DX ( i7 4700MQ, 1TB, 8GB Ram )

The switches are made in china, Don't touch it, Land of the cheap knock off.

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

The switches are made in china, Don't touch it, Land of the cheap knock off.

Great assumption there... Kalih switches are actually quite decent to keep the cost down most manufacturers are switching to Kalih.

Great assumption there... Kalih switches are actually quite decent to keep the cost down most manufacturers are switching to Kalih.

I'm not assuming anything I'm going off of fact, A few friends in the states got Thermaltake keyboards that have these in and the switches lasted all of 2 days before parts started coming away.

You have to face facts, China is known for sub standard cheap crap, Yes they do some good stuff but most is nasty junk.

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

I said Razer/Kailh switches are cheaper, whether they are of lower quality is debatable. However, I do know one thing for sure, IF I have to pay similar prices for, say, a BWU 2014 (razer switch) vs a BWU 2013/Ducky Shine 3 (Cherry MX), it'd come as no surprise which I would pick. I trust Cherry MX more than Razer switch, and would always, ALWAYS, pick Cherry MX over Razer/Kailh switches. But hey, if you're feeling adventurous, go ahead and get a Razer 2014 model keyboard.....and let us know what you think a year or two down the road.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I'm shocked no one has mentioned this but the RGB MX blue isnt out in dec, they are already released, the issue is tracking them down, most sites (including newegg.ca) have thrown 12/31/14 as their date because they simply dont know when they are going to be getting a hold of more, im shocked more people dont realize 12/31/XX isnt really ment to be taken literally, its more like a placeholder.

I have actually ordered my k70 RGB blue switches already, I think I missed the initial shipment of them, since I preordered but ya they are out there, and shouldn't be to long until they are in stock.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Its a lower quality cheaper switch that is also cheaper to use and they passed zero of the savings onto you.

I went to the store and tried the Chroma myself, loved the switches. 10/10 regret getting blues and not razer switches. They have a warranty, and they have there own staff monitoring the floor of were the switches are made, i would trust it.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

I went to the store and tried the Chroma myself, loved the switches. 10/10 regret getting blues and not razer switches. They have a warranty, and they have there own staff monitoring the floor of were the switches are made, i would trust it.

I don't....they can claim a lot of things, I simply have no faith in their marketing BS.

Just to disclose, I own a BWU 2013 and a Deathadder 2013.

There is currently no compelling evidence that Khail switches are inferior to Cherry switches, we can't test their lifespan since mechanical keyboards often claim lifespans of upwards of 10 years (you try hitting a key 30+ million times), and mechanical keyboards often go wrong anyway, don't believe me? I've seen many a complaint about failed Cherry switches on Corsair, CM Storm, and Thermaltake keyboards.  The only reason people do not like the BWU and the Chroma is because...well they're Razer, and since they include Khail switches in their new Chroma it must mean that customers were satisfied with the switches on their BWU'14, the bloated complaints of the BWU'14 are probably more due to this "hate on Razer because Razer" more than the actual quality of the switches which they've probably never used.  Don't get me wrong, I won't defend the switches, since I've never used them, but I'm not going to just dismiss them either. 

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I don't....they can claim a lot of things, I simply have no faith in their marketing BS.

Its your opinion man, im just saying try them out. They are just blues but better.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Just to disclose, I own a BWU 2013 and a Deathadder 2013.

There is currently no compelling evidence that Khail switches are inferior to Cherry switches, we can't test their lifespan since mechanical keyboards often claim lifespans of upwards of 10 years (you try hitting a key 30+ million times), and mechanical keyboards often go wrong anyway, don't believe me? I've seen many a complaint about failed Cherry switches on Corsair, CM Storm, and Thermaltake keyboards.  The only reason people do not like the BWU and the Chroma is because...well they're Razer, and since they include Khail switches in their new Chroma it must mean that customers were satisfied with the switches on their BWU'14, the bloated complaints of the BWU'14 are probably more due to this "hate on Razer because Razer" more than the actual quality of the switches which they've probably never used.  Don't get me wrong, I won't defend the switches, since I've never used them, but I'm not going to just dismiss them either.

I actually have legitimate complaints that I can back up. Also other real reasons as to why I wont buy them they just break a few things that I dont think is right.

I also just got my tracking number for my k70 RGB MX Blues and I ordered from newegg.ca

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit