Time for an extra pump?

So my loop is currently just a cpu block (koolance cpu380i), 2x480 rads and a single 240 rad with a koolance pmp450 (d5). I know its overkill but I've been waiting for graphics cards worthy of water and now, finally, there's a pair of 980's on the way.

Koolance have said the block for GTX980 cards is coming soon. Now my questions are:

1/ Is my pump going to be strong enough?

2/ If not, what's the best way to add another?

Thanks all

I've seen plenty of rigs with more than 2 GPUs and over 560mm of rad space running on a single D5. You should be fine. 

Yeah good point thanks. When would you need another pump? That kind of pressure is probably getting too scary anyway. Would it be best to run a second loop if you needed it?

I have a single koolance 450s d5 pump pushing 360 rad up top, dual 140 on the front and dual 120 on bottom with waterblocked sli.. not a problem and nothing ever gets above 38 degrees under load. So no, you dont need a extra pump unless you really want one.

Yeah good point thanks. When would you need another pump? That kind of pressure is probably getting too scary anyway. Would it be best to run a second loop if you needed it?

Ideally you would want to maintain max head pressure at 1 gallon per minute in your loop. If you really wanted to know if you need another pump you'd have to install all the components along with a flow meter (or other measuring method) and find out. 

Trust me, your pump can handle all the components you're planning on throwing at it. A second pump would just be for redundancy and an added cool factor (+maybe a few degrees lower temps).

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got everything delivered and the loop's almost back together. Have clear tops on the water blocks so should be able to see any cavitation. No flow meter... But should be able to get a sense for the flow rate anyway.

Loops filled and runs like a dream. Sorry I can't give an accurate flow rate... Thanks everyone