Am i the only one who isnt that into HL2?

XTankSlayerX

What made it so good back when it dropped?

I played it, but there really isn't anything amazing that makes me want to play more.

Id rather go play Battlefield or something. HL2 is  basically a FPS Puzzle game imo

You can't compare Battlefield and Half-Life 2...They're both FPS, but that's about where the similarities stop.

It's the story, the mysterious nature of Valve's storyline, did you ever play the first one?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I've never played it.

Probably never will.

But, I did love the original Half Life.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I prefered hl1 and system shock 2 over half life 2

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Maybe it just isn't my jam...

I understand.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Half-Life was the first PC game I ever played, so that's probably why I have such fondness to it and Valve.

It isn't an incredible game... But comparing it and battlefield is like comparing a train to a bar of soap.

Again... Its just not my jam. I feel like there will never be a HL3 considering its wayyyy too over hyped.

Again... Its just not my jam. I feel like there will never be a HL3 considering its wayyyy too over hyped.

My point was that they are both really good... But entirely unrelated to eachother in every way.

What made it so good back when it dropped?

I played it, but there really isn't anything amazing that makes me want to play more.

Id rather go play Battlefield or something. HL2 is  basically a FPS Puzzle game imo

You're not alone. I'm also with you on this one. I don't see what's so great about HL2 or games based on it like CS:S and TF2 that makes them so popular

"Rawr XD"

The game itself was OK. I found it quite enjoyable and for 2004, quite a step forward. But it was the ambiguous nature of the world and story grabbed me by the fuzzy fellas.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

You're not alone. I'm also with you on this one. I don't see what's so great about HL2 or games based on it like CS:S and TF2 that makes them so popular

TF2 is popular because it is a really low level of entry (a toaster can run it) and it is free.

Counter strike as a series is popular because it isn't just a spray and pray shooter. You need to be quiet and listen for footsteps.

Part of why it is like that is due to the lack of re-spawning in a single round, so you have to make that life count.

TF2 is popular because it is a really low level of entry (a toaster can run it) and it is free.

Counter strike as a series is popular because it isn't just a spray and pray shooter. You need to be quiet and listen for footsteps.

Part of why it is like that is due to the lack of re-spawning in a single round, so you have to make that life count.

Not to mention how pretty well balanced it is. (There are some exceptions). I personally have 1,300 hours in TF2. :P Over the course of 3 years, I still play it and love it.

Indeed, I myself im not a fan of the Source engine... Its okay but since I haven't been here since the start I would take Ureal or Maybe even Frostbite over it.

Eh. Im going to get beaten up now. Oh well. Its happens.

I've never played it.

Probably never will.

But, I did love the original Half Life.

You should look into the mod Black Mesa - it's basically HL1 2.0.  Only downside, is when i last played it they had only just began working on the Xen part.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Not to mention how pretty well balanced it is. (There are some exceptions). I personally have 1,300 hours in TF2. :P Over the course of 3 years, I still play it and love it.

I dislike TF2 only for the reason that Valve has mostly given up on bug patches altogether and just left them as part of the game.

Good fun to just go in as a pyro and make kids cry though :P

I was doing to get TF2 but then I saw that the download was 4GB larger then that of The Crew, a game in a totally different decade of graphics quality and has a map that takes an hour to drive from one side to the other. How the hell does that work? Why is TF2 17GB

"Rawr XD"

Eh. Im going to get beaten up now. Oh well. Its happens.

No you aren't. 

Source is so popular due only to modders. It isn't a visually impressive engine, a technologically impressive engine, or even a really good engine. But you can do a lot of crap with it.

I was doing to get TF2 but then I saw that the download was 4GB larger then that of The Crew, a game in a totally different decade of graphics quality and has a map that takes an hour to drive from one side to the other. How the hell does that work? Why is TF2 17GB

Hats.

Lots

and lots

and lots

of hats.

Source engine includes a lot of files, not just TF2, I think it has all of the HL2 files. It's wierd, when I downloaded it the first time, it was 10GB. Then my brother recently got an SSD and downloaded again to that SSD, and it was only 7GB.

Source engine includes a lot of files, not just TF2, I think it has all of the HL2 files. It's wierd, when I downloaded it the first time, it was 10GB. Then my brother recently got an SSD and downloaded again to that SSD, and it was only 7GB.

When I first downloaded TF2 last year, it was I believe 6GB or so (but I didn't play it). Now I go to download it on my new computer(s) and it's 16.7GB.

"Rawr XD"

Hats.

Lots

and lots

and lots

of hats.

Everyone always talks about hats in TF2, but nobody I know who plays it has actually gotten a hat

"Rawr XD"