WHats normal DPI for a gaming mouse ?

LeonTheNoob

Just wondering that was the normal DPI to play on ? I have a Corsair M95 and, I play at like 800. What DPI do you guys play at I just want to know that's the normal DPI most people play on. I have a 1 monitor setup 1080P it feels so weird coming from a office wireless mouse that would legit some times lag.

All personal preference, i play at 3000. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I use around 600DPI, it's all about preference. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

1200DPI normally. It's personal preference, whatever feels best for you, game on that setting. :)

For my grandpa's rig (BF 2 only) I use 1500 normal and 750 with the sniper button. Corsair m65 rgb.

On my home pc where I play over 100 games I use the same settings.

I play at 900 (CS GO) or 1800 (Other games)

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I play at 650...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's all personal. I don't go above 450DPI. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I personally play at 1600, most people go for 800. 

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

4000dpi here Anything above that feels way too twitchy.

I use 6400 DPI all the time, no matter what I'm doing.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I use 1600 for games, and 800 with acceleration when doing any photoshop stuff

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

It really depends on what you are doing, I often use between 2500 and 3500, 2500 most of the times, but I increase it if I'm hooked with a FPS games playing night ;)

Getting a high-dpi-able mouse for the first time feels really weird, it's like more DPI is worse, but trust me when I tell you training your hand for a higher sensibility is totally worth it. Crank it up a bit and try getting used to it, specially in games. Keep on doing it until you think it's a bit too much.

After doing some training you will feel you can reach whatever area of the screen a lot faster and with far more control; it's excellent to get better at games.

so many mixed replys o.0 wow

A lot of replys that, on their own, don't answer your question at all. However all together the answer they give is that there is no answer. The DPI of your mouse is all down to personal preference. High DPI will result in small movements with your hand translating to relatively large movements on the screen and a low DPI will translate to a smaller movement ( depending on your windows and or program mouse sensitivity settings). 

While gaming mouse manufacturers will try as hard as they can to say their mouse is better because "insert irrelevant statistic here". The only value you can take from the advertised DPI range is that a larger DPI range on your selected mouse has a greater chance of being compatible to the DPI that best suits your game style. 

Most people game between 5/600-3000 DPI and almost every mouse in existence can achieve this. 

4000 dpi is normall in my opinion

Read our expert reviews, rating and comparison to find the Best Gaming Mouse   for your budget. We pick top models in gaming industry and compare them in order to give you ultimate entertainment experience while playing the games.