AOC U3477PQU Review [Big pictures]

Volbet

So it has hit the shops in the Netherlands for 783euro.

https://maxict.nl/product/4285741/aoc-u3477pqu?btwview=in&rs=tweakers&utm_source=tweakers&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pricewatch

But since CES 2015 is running atm screens are popping up that have free sync. I think I saw a 21:9 with g-sync? Or was it freesync?

Anyway they have let me wait for 3 months so I said: "fuck it I'll wait a bit longer to see how freesync performs". 

At the worst prices will drop.

While this might be cheaper for the US, there isn't much to save for countries which use the Euro or has a currency tied to the Euro.

The AOC U3477PQU would be 36$ more if imported from South Korea (payed for in Dollars), and the price would be about the same if payed for in Won. This is not accounting for shipping and duties.

This is of course caluculated as if I were to import it to Denmark, with a 25% VAT added. 

As you youself said, this is a better tip for the americans out there.

But thank you for the information. 

I'm back to talk more about the release dates and prices for America! 

If you didn't know, this monitor was scheduled to be released here in the U.S on the 8th of December, but from what I heard the deal fell through with Best Buy ( No clue why it's still not on Amazon either ). Have you or anyone else know of any infomation on the release dates or price? I'm dying to get my hands on one of these! $850 doesn't sound too bad honestly, but after tax and import fees, what would it acutally come out to, $900? 

Thanks for starting this thread! I love it! 

i want some cheaper screens like this, somthing this resolution or a 4k monitor will be my next upgrade (monitor/gpu)

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I'm back to talk more about the release dates and prices for America! 

If you didn't know, this monitor was scheduled to be released here in the U.S on the 8th of December, but from what I heard the deal fell through with Best Buy ( No clue why it's still not on Amazon either ). Have you or anyone else know of any infomation on the release dates or price? I'm dying to get my hands on one of these! $850 doesn't sound too bad honestly, but after tax and import fees, what would it acutally come out to, $900? 

Thanks for starting this thread! I love it! 

Unfortunatly, I have no idea when the (re)release date will be. At the site where I bought my monitor, the release date is set to February 7th, but I don't know about America. 

I still haven't been able to find the monitor on any Noth American website, not even the North American AOC website.

This has probably been the strangest launch of any product, since the Phantom gaming console. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Thanks for responding! It's really such a shame that the release wasn't so smooth. Hopefully it will settle in soon enough! 

Thanks for your help again! 

Bought this monitor for 769eur (incl. shipping) and it should arrive tomorrow or the day after. Was originally going to get either the 34" curved Samsung or Dell but since those 2 have received a bit worrying user reviews decided to go with the AOC. It was considerably cheaper as well.

i7 4790K @ 4,6GHz | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 16GB 2400MHz DDR3 | Corsair AX760 | Win 10 | Acer Predator X34A

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for the update. I really appriciate it.

No problem! 

• 2 weeks later...

Very well done review, and even if you only managed to achieve a 70Hz overclock, that's still way better than 60Hz.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Great review! I've been looking towards this screen as well as a option instead of a Korean x-star.

W1 | X4 965 | 4x2GB | HD7950 | 550w | 240GBx2

• 9 months later...

Hi, Nice review...

I have just got one of these... just wondering if you've had any issues with it? Currently, mine has two "issues" 1. A popping noise every now and again (screen goes black on some of these) - just raised a call on that. 2. If the PC is left on for a few hours, it forgets that the screen is there... it just detects the 23" secondary screen. Kinda weird...

I'll add AOC;s feedback in / when they respond... just wondering if you're still using it and if you'd seen these issues / had work arounds for them :)

Apple, Piss Off! ~ Linus 2014

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015

Hi, Nice review...

I have just got one of these... just wondering if you've had any issues with it? Currently, mine has two "issues" 1. A popping noise every now and again (screen goes black on some of these) - just raised a call on that. 2. If the PC is left on for a few hours, it forgets that the screen is there... it just detects the 23" secondary screen. Kinda weird...

I'll add AOC;s feedback in / when they respond... just wondering if you're still using it and if you'd seen these issues / had work arounds for them :)

I have not had any problems similar to what you are describing. 

The only problem that I have had, is that the outer left row of pixels will turn off and on at random sometimes.

However, I am beginning to suspect that it's a problem with my graphics card overclock and not a problem with the screen, but I'm not sure.

The ´popping´ issue could be due to a faulty capacitor, but that depends on where the sound is coming from. 

The second problem could be a sleep issue with either the computer or the screen.

However, with both problems I would suggest contacting AOC, which you have already done. 

And I am still using the monitor and I'm still rather fond of it. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes