CPU Update_Core problem.

Go to solution Solved by Whaler_99,

https://folding.stanford.edu/home/issues-with-new-assignment-server-code/

Give it some time - they are having some issues...

Hey guys

So I just got a GTX 980 and I have installed it and set up the folding client again. So the 980 is working perfectly but now my 3570K doesn't want to fold.

These are the errors from the log:

20:37:52:WU00:FS00:Downloading core from http://web.stanford.edu/~pande/Win32/AMD64/Core_b0.fah20:37:52:WU00:FS00:Connecting to web.stanford.edu:8020:37:55:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Failed to access core package.

Not sure what's up but if I could get help it would be greatly appreciated :) 

\

My 3570K is stuck at update_core since yesterday night too. Anyone have solutions?

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

My 3570K is stuck at update_core since yesterday night too. Anyone have solutions?

Nothing yet :/

\

can always use the chrome client (its completely browser based) just for cpu. seems to get better ppd anyway for cpu. make sure to have your username/folding team/passkey entered and saved to get credit.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

can always use the chrome client (its completely browser based) just for cpu. seems to get better ppd anyway for cpu. make sure to have your username/folding team/passkey entered and saved to get credit.

I don't like running a browser based clients

\

I have the same issue currently on my i5 2500k and even in the browser client it will not work, but my two 660ti's are folding just fine.  I tried to do a search on this and i'm not really finding any solid answers other than a really old post that referenced deleting somethings from a log so that a new work unit can be downloaded for the cpu slot.  I have no idea how to do this so yeah....ideas?

I have the same issue currently on my i5 2500k and even in the browser client it will not work, but my two 660ti's are folding just fine.  I tried to do a search on this and i'm not really finding any solid answers other than a really old post that referenced deleting somethings from a log so that a new work unit can be downloaded for the cpu slot.  I have no idea how to do this so yeah....ideas?

Well the post I read said I had to delete a file from the f@h directory but it wasn't there to start with. I think it might be a bug with F@H as a whole.

\

Well the post I read said I had to delete a file from the f@h directory but it wasn't there to start with. I think it might be a bug with F@H as a whole.

Try delete the cpu socket in the configure tab

advanced control -> configure ->slots -> delete the cpu -> start the fold -> once the stuck CPU WU is gone -> pause it -> go to configure -> slots -> add cpu

it works for me

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

https://folding.stanford.edu/home/issues-with-new-assignment-server-code/

Give it some time - they are having some issues...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Hey guys

So I just got a GTX 980 and I have installed it and set up the folding client again. So the 980 is working perfectly but now my 3570K doesn't want to fold.

These are the errors from the log:

20:37:52:WU00:FS00:Downloading core from http://web.stanford.edu/~pande/Win32/AMD64/Core_b0.fah20:37:52:WU00:FS00:Connecting to web.stanford.edu:8020:37:55:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Failed to access core package.

Not sure what's up but if I could get help it would be greatly appreciated :)

what PPD are you getting with that 980

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

I ended up doing a re-install :( works fine now but ofcourse work units lost boo :(

Around 280-290k

well you get more points in 2 days then i have gotten in a year folding that is one fast card  

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

seems like they are having issues with the chrome client now as well. anyone have any official news about the cpu WU's?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Yep - work server issues. I know they were implementing a new assignment server earlier this week. Me thinks something isn't working correctly...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26794

Looks like some changes were made on Friday... Hope that helps, but as of right now my clients are not working...

Some recommendations, remove and re-add slot. Also, try uninstalling FAH, once your other slots finish, don't want to lose points, and make sure you select the option to delete work.

To let the client finish current WU's and not download any more, in Advanced View, click on Finish - this will tell it to finish current work and not download any more.

And the problems continue....

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26807&start=60

So looks like lots of people still having issues...