Would the HyperX Clouds be a good upgrade from Razer Kraken Pros?

rambi36

I've been using Razer Kraken Pros for about a year and lately I haven't been liking the sound quality from them. The also tend to get uncomfortable a lot only after about an hour. If I got the Hyper X Clouds, do you think it would be a noticeable improvement from them? I saw a lot of the reviews and the HyperX clouds seem pretty good.

Life.exe is missing

Almost anything would be an upgrade from those :P

But yes, there is a way bigger difference, with the Clouds being superior.

Yes, Razer product is bad imo.

#DirtyRazerPeasants

I just dont like them, i regret buying my Electra, you cant examine contents and you cant trust pictures if its razer. Oh and Razer Electra's Earpad Leather attracts ants, they eat it. literally, ants eat my Electra Pads. Common case over the internet.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

#DirtyRazerPeasants

I just dont like them, i regret buying my Electra, you cant examine contents and you cant trust pictures if its razer. Oh and Razer Electra's Earpad Leather attracts ants, they eat it. literally, ants eat my Electra Pads. Common case over the internet.

Woa that's crazy! 

Yeah when I bought them I was kind of a Razer fanboy but a couple of months later I realized I had made a shitty purchase.

Same when I bought my Razer Deathstalker, and since I have replaced that with the Logitech G710+

Life.exe is missing

#DirtyRazerPeasants

that's amazing. They really do??? Oh my fucking god. that's amazing

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Woa that's crazy! 

Yeah when I bought them I was kind of a Razer fanboy but a couple of months later I realized I had made a shitty purchase.

Same when I bought my Razer Deathstalker, and since I replaced that with the Logitech G710+

Same here in indonesia, my friends got all razer sh*ts and they Hype about it "OMG I GOT RAZER!! BEST MOUSE 10/10 U SHUD TRY" Its just the hype. I suggested my friends into buying K70 RGB worth the money, they refused and instead bought Razer Chroma

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

As said before, anything is an upgrade from that headset. Even some earbuds.

Razer's products are usually good looking but many have a lotta flaws...

I love their mice but that's about it.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I gotta agree, even with their premuim headsets. There's better ones out there.

I believe @Thebman712 recently did this upgrade, ask him whether it is worth it.

I do love my clouds BTW, very comfortable and nice sound quality (I am not an audiophile though).

Would I recommend them?

HELL YES, but I am not sure they would be worth the upgrade, like I said earlier, ask thebman712

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Yes they will.

The only razer headset that had a hope was the jraken forged but they f'd that up.

Even their mice are poor though. I don't think a single Razer mouse has a decent sensor. There are even some $40 Logitech mice that blow Razer's out the window.

Also yes OP, you should upgrade, though look into some proper dedicated headphones instead of going with just another headset.

Even their mice are poor though. I don't think a single Razer mouse has a decent sensor. There are even some $40 Logitech mice that blow Razer's out the window.

cold.jpg

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Yes they will.

The only razer headset that had a hope was the jraken forged but they f'd that up.

Badly at that! I'd so wanted the Kraken Forge to sound good, it looked so damn awesome! But damn, it had that Razer signature sound aka over-the-top bass that muddies everything else, and I'm not saying mids and highs were good to begin with.....the bass overwhelms everything else. To its credit, it did sound better than the POS Black Shark I have. I'd used the Black Shark for gaming and movies, whilst resorting to my Senn HD555 for music. Since getting the HX Cloud, which sounds great for games and movies, I find myself NOT needing the Senn HD555 at all as the Cloud handles music pretty well too.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

The thing I care most about mice is the ergonomics/comfort, how long it'll last and how dirty/greasy it gets because of my swetty hands. I'm still trying to find something better than a Deathadder/Mamba to my taste, haven't tried A LOT of mice out there but quite a few hyped ones and still nothing.

Regarding sensors, you're probably right, but I can't tell the difference between a good and a bad one - unless it's really bad.

cold.jpg

wat ya talkin'bout?

not-sure-if-troll-hermione-harry-potter.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

i have the white hyperx clouds from my experiance with them compared to the krakens The  bass is worse on the hyper x's also my mic doesnt work on it either the krakens may have had a bad mic but atleast they worked 

i have the white hyperx clouds from my experiance with them compared to the krakens The  bass is worse on the hyper x's also my mic doesnt work on it either the krakens may have had a bad mic but atleast they worked 

I'd not say that the bass is worse on the HX Cloud, rather, it's tighter and not loose and all over the place like the Kraken. To me, a good headset/headphone strikes a balance of lows, mids and highs. I have the Black Shark, certainly for bass, it beats the HX Cloud, but bass is so overpowering that it drowns out everything else. Can't comment about the mic though as I don't use it, I use the Cloud more as a pair of cans than headset.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Razer has quite a few good mice and they had one of the only optical IR sensor's for some time. The one in the DA 2013 was considered the best sensor for quite some time and its in a few of their other mice as well.

Also yes OP, you should upgrade, though look into some proper dedicated headphones instead of going with just another headset.

Depends if you need a mic and the cost. I personally for gaming at least prefer a headset for some reason, though ive been using a desktop mic for the past month or so. I think it might have been because the headset might was annoying rubbing on my beard but that was removed yesterday so ill probably be going back.

Badly at that! I'd so wanted the Kraken Forge to sound good, it looked so damn awesome! But damn, it had that Razer signature sound aka over-the-top bass that muddies everything else, and I'm not saying mids and highs were good to begin with.....the bass overwhelms everything else. To its credit, it did sound better than the POS Black Shark I have. I'd used the Black Shark for gaming and movies, whilst resorting to my Senn HD555 for music. Since getting the HX Cloud, which sounds great for games and movies, I find myself NOT needing the Senn HD555 at all as the Cloud handles music pretty well too.

Yea I considered buying the forged and putting different speakers in because thre is plenty of room but like a $300 is not something I want to fuck with unless i have to.

Yea i used teh Clouds for a whole week and they can easily be used as just headphones as well. They have good sound even for the price, even as just headophones. The Mic that comes with is pretty good but you know doesnt compare with like the MMX300 or even the GameCom Commander but thats kinda to be expected.

The thing I care most about mice is the ergonomics/comfort, how long it'll last and how dirty/greasy it gets because of my swetty hands. I'm still trying to find something better than a Deathadder/Mamba to my taste, haven't tried A LOT of mice out there but quite a few hyped ones and still nothing.

Regarding sensors, you're probably right, but I can't tell the difference between a good and a bad one - unless it's really bad.

-snip-

Which is what you should care about first and foremost. I tend to find that the soft touch coating makes my hand sweat more idk about you. I really like the DA in every way but iot just doesnt have enough buttons for me. Its probably 3rd on my "best ergonomics" list, it has a nice lighter weight, and has solid clicks all around. The mamba on the other hand is a POS. If you actually use the newer mamba that has one of the sensors that has given me some of the most problems.

more bass != better. The cloud has a much better over all sound signature.

Which is what you should care about first and foremost. I tend to find that the soft touch coating makes my hand sweat more idk about you. I really like the DA in every way but iot just doesnt have enough buttons for me. Its probably 3rd on my "best ergonomics" list, it has a nice lighter weight, and has solid clicks all around. The mamba on the other hand is a POS. If you actually use the newer mamba that has one of the sensors that has given me some of the most problems.

So, what do you think I should try? I don't really need the wireless the Mamba has, I have a wireless mouse already and I'm about to make a purchase in less than a month. Sweating and comfort being priority. No need for many buttons, as long as there's dpi/back/forward.

So, what do you think I should try? I don't really need the wireless the Mamba has, I have a wireless mouse already and I'm about to make a purchase in less than a month. Sweating and comfort being priority. No need for many buttons, as long as there's dpi/back/forward.

umm what kind of grip do you have?

umm what kind of grip do you have?

Both to be honest, depends on what I'm doing. But palm grip for gaming so that's what I need. I dig mice that have those side rests for your thumb and pinky but that's just a detail.

Both to be honest, depends on what I'm doing. But palm grip for gaming so that's what I need. I dig mice that have those side rests for your thumb and pinky but that's just a detail.

Roccat Kone XTD Optical

Mionix Naos 7000

Logitech G602, G502, G402

SteelSeries Rival

Razer Deathadder

Those are all great palm choices that all have flawless sensors.

The one in the DA 2013 was considered the best sensor for quite some time and its in a few of their other mice as well.

lol no, there have been mouses long before 2013 that are still considered perfect in terms of their sensor.

Depends if you need a mic and the cost.

Then get a table mic, or an attachable ModMic. Proper headphones are almost always going to be infinitely better than similar priced headsets.

lol no, there have been mouses long before 2013 that are still considered perfect in terms of their sensor.

-snip-

Umm actually yes as just qualifying as "perfect" doesn't make it the best. It was perfect, had a higher dpi, and better surface compatability.