Corsair K70 mechanical Keyboard w/ cherry MX blue keys and, the Corsair Raptor M45 mouse overview

melias24

Hey guys, so it's my birthday today (25th of sep.) and i decided to ask for the corsair K70 keyboard and Corsair m45 mouse for my birthday. Anyway so here is the overview i have promised!

Let's start with the keyboard:

At $155 AUD (from PCCG: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27146) is a very fair price, for the build quality for this keyboard, with a nice padded wrist rest, 1 USB 2.0 pass through, that can actually power a USB, and also includes a key puller, and nice soft touch replaceable W,A,S,D,1,2,3,4,5, and 6 key's. The packaging is nothing special, and there are no important booklet's, just warranty info and a 'how to' on the keyboard. Now onto the key board, the Cherry MX blue key's are really nice to use, and feel really, really nice after using rubber dome's all my PC gaming life. Compared to the Cherry MX brown's, i'd say i much prefer the Blue's (have used a MX brown keyboard at a mate's place). This keyboard also has media button's up in the top right corner, which include stop, back, forward's, and pause/play implemented in one button, with a nice aluminium volume wheel which has a tactical feel to it. This keyboard also includes a brightness button, which has 3 level's (4 if off is a level for you), a window's lock button, and another button, that if you hold for around 9 second's, it enable's you to activate certain key's you want lit (eg the common gaming key's, or key arrow's etc....). The wrist rest is also a nice addition and i also have that attached to the board. At this price point i would highly recommend this keyboard. This keyboard is a very high quality keyboard and is very sturdy and i would highly recommend this keyboard. The only Con with this keyboard is that the red LED's give me a headache, but i have never liked red, red car's, shirt's anything. So if red put's you off i recommend the RGB which i will be getting because i can change the LED's to blue. So i defiantly recommend the RGB if red isn't your colour.

Now onto the mouse, at $55.00 AUD (from PCCG: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27309), is a very good price/feature ratio. This mouse has a smooth plastic finish on top, and on the side it has a sand paper-like feeling, but is very nice. This mouse also has two button's behind the scroll wheel, to change through 3 setting's of DPI, this mouse can go up to 5000dpi. On the left hand side of the mouse, there are two back/forward button's, but can be changed in the driver to any key's you want (eg. reloading, gear change etc...). Under the mouse there is the option top change out the weight's, to make the mouse lighter or heavier, but i found that the stock weight was good enough.The corsair logo on the back of the mouse also light's up, but can only be changed to either on or off, no brightness setting's. Like the K70 the mouse box only contain's warranty and a 'how to' booklet. Both product's have braided USB cable's.

In conclusion, i would highly recommend these product's to anyone who has the money to be able to afford these product's. I would highly recommend both. 

post-78406-0-61070500-1411723978_thumb.j

Photo of both products. 

post-78406-0-16190900-1411724002_thumb.j

I measured the sound of the K70, and as you can see down the bottom of the sound meter there is a line graph of the DB's measured, it measures around 70-80 DB's. Sorry about the image being upside down.

Photo's taken with iPod5 and HTC one M7

People who wanted to see this post: 

@alby800

@elecxonica

Hope this helped some people...

~Elias

And to the dickhead at EB game's that said Corsair Product's suck and that razer's over rule every peripheral, your wrong m89 this keyboard rek's the blackwidow IMO.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

"Lets start with the mouse". Starts with keyboard. I think you want to correct it. Someone could be fooled to the 155aud part.

Thanks M89!

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one