[Upgrade LOG] Project: Red Rampage - A X99 Powered Build.

X1XNobleX1X

positive pressure in the basement though. it will just go straight out the other side, unless you have it closed up?

It's closed up.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

positive pressure in the basement though. it will just go straight out the other side, unless you have it closed up?

It's closed up.

rekt

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

rekt

how is that rekt. i guessed exactly what he had done?

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Overclocking section updated. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I thought it wasn't released yet :o

Any initial thoughts? I'm considering getting one, want to do a quick review for me? ;)

I'd love you 5ever

Quick review:

DON'T BUY IT!

Its software is still broken from the last Corsair link commander. 

Spent a day trying to get my PSU+H100i +LEDs to work, no dice.

Pretty bad. 

I'm probably going to be selling my Corsair Link Commander mini.

This is a really awesome build but the 900D just ruins it

This is a really awesome build but the 900D just ruins it

Why? I love the 900D. 

Why? I love the 900D.

I personally hate it for me every time one is used it just ruins the build

Quick review:

DON'T BUY IT!

Its software is still broken from the last Corsair link commander. 

Spent a day trying to get my PSU+H100i +LEDs to work, no dice.

Pretty bad. 

I'm probably going to be selling my Corsair Link Commander mini.

Eh, it's all software bugs. I'll hold out on buying for now

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Awesome build, good job mate. I'm putting together a build next month with a lot of the same components, ax1200i, samsung ssd, 5960x, adata ram, rampage extreme.  I'll being going custom loop and caselabs case though.  Just curious what made you choose the rampage extreme over the asus deluxe motherboard? What are the main differences? Keep up the good work!

Awesome build, good job mate. I'm putting together a build next month with a lot of the same components, ax1200i, samsung ssd, 5960x, adata ram, rampage extreme.  I'll being going custom loop and caselabs case though.  Just curious what made you choose the rampage extreme over the asus deluxe motherboard? What are the main differences? Keep up the good work!

Hello eBix

Thank you for your comment, to answer your question, the difference between the two are pretty small, they're even similarly priced.BIOS is similar, software is exactly the same apart from the different skin. 

I went with the RVE because I'm a "ROG" fanboy and also it's red, which is what my computer revolves around. White just wouldn't of fit and I would be hating my decision  for the rest of the computer's life. 

Another reason is the addition features such as the ROG OC panel, I'm actually quite happy with how it looks in my case. 

They're probably both great overclockers if you change your mind and get the X99 Deluxe. 

That's about it. 

I might do a custom loop in the future, but I'm really happy with the temperature of my 5960X at the moment, even with the h100i. 

Please do a build log for your system, I would love to see it. 

The only reason I've been wanting the x99 Deluxe is because of its simple black color scheme. I just don't know if red and black will fit in nicely with my build but I would prefer the Rampage Extreme with all its features (mainly oc panel, supreme fx). I doubt ASUS will come out with a "black edition" anytime soon. I like how you incorporated the OC panel inside your case. Thanks I will definitly do a build log when all the parts come in.

• 5 weeks later...

Damn that's a nice build you've got there

If I've said something wrong, please correct me

My Builds:

Peripherals: 
Keyboard: Roccat TKL Pro Cherry MX blue, Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD, Headset: Currently apple earbuds, planning to upgrade to hyperx cloud or hyperx cloud 2 
Really Old Desktop 
 Processor: Intel Core i7 920, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-FX58-DS4, RAM: 9GB Corsair XM3 (3*3GB in triple channel) 600 or 800mhz, Graphics Card: Asus 8400GS passive, Asus GT630 4GB if i can get it working, Case: Cheapo Throwout case with most of the standoffs missing, HDD: Some old 80GB hard drive, PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 550w, Monitor: 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 13 
 Laptop Which I Use For Everything: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 3337U, RAM: 8GB (2*4GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Nvidia 710m HDD/SSD: WD Black2 Dual Drive, OS: Windows 8.1 
 40 GB/s Network Tester
Processor: Some really good Intel Core i3, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3, Ram: Corsair Value Select 4GB (2*2GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: Some 1U rackmount mini-itx case with no front bays, HDD: Seagate Momentus 5400, 250GB 2.5" 5400RPM, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 40Gb/s QSFP+ PCIe 3.0 8x NIC, Monitor: any ones lying around, or 32" Kogan TV, OS: CentOS 6.2 (I Think)
Planned 100Gb/s Newtork Tester
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact, Ram: Kingston or G.Skill 8GB 2400MHZ Low Profile, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: 1U Rackmount ITX case, HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 100Gb/s PCIe 3.0 16x NIC, Monitor: Any lying around or 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 22 or CentOS

The only reason I've been wanting the x99 Deluxe is because of its simple black color scheme. I just don't know if red and black will fit in nicely with my build but I would prefer the Rampage Extreme with all its features (mainly oc panel, supreme fx). I doubt ASUS will come out with a "black edition" anytime soon. I like how you incorporated the OC panel inside your case. Thanks I will definitly do a build log when all the parts come in.

MSI Z97S SLI Krait is a black/white motherboard without any tramp stamps. 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Cool, our PCs share the same name.

Well i built mine on Sept 5th 2014 (used a HD5450 before the 980 came out), and didnt take inspiration from this build.

lol what a coincidence

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

• 4 weeks later...

How do you get sponsors like this ?!?!?!?!?

I didn't get a sponsor, I paid the build with my hard earned money.  

I didn't get a sponsor, I paid the build with my hard earned money.  

Oh, sorry - :P :P :P stoopid me :D. I just though that because there were pictures of a bunch of companies which you built your rig from at the beginning. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I am doing a similar built. I assume that you are populating the 1st and 4th slot on your mobo for your GPUs. Can you let me know which nvidia sli bridge would fit? The 2-way spaced bridge or the 3 way sli bridge. Thanks. 

Hi, 

I am doing a similar built. I assume that you are populating the 1st and 4th slot on your mobo for your GPUs. Can you let me know which nvidia sli bridge would fit? The 2-way spaced bridge or the 3 way sli bridge. Thanks. 

Hello Keen,

I have used the first and third slot as specified in the manual.

I used the 3 Way SLI bridge, as it provided rigidity to the cards. 

• 5 months later...

MSI Z97S SLI Krait is a black/white motherboard without any tramp stamps. 

But its Z97 and not X99

blubb