[N]Pro Gamer Shot and Killed, robbed for PS4

Hi Guys I'm not sure if this has been posted. I myself do not know this gamer, I do not follow MLG as USA timezone does not allow me to stay up that late. But Back to topic, one of the first MLG pros for Gear of War simply know as Danny Reitz or "Phobos" in the gaming world was shot and killed while trying to sell his unwanted PS4 to a couple who showed interest on Craiglist. a Gofundme account has been setup to help his family. I'd like to ask the LinusTechTips Army to help out and show everyone despite our, platforms, differences, debates, country, continent planet or universe we live in, united we stand support each other we do. I'm a gamer from South Africa, even if this pro gamer did not effect me directly or indirectly, no one deserves what happened to him.

Here is a Youtube video posted by one of this fellow teamate, and friend

OMG OMG OMG REPOST OMG OMG OMG 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Ah come on. 

Another one of these stupid posts crying about someone who died. 

Sigh. 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I apologize if its a repost. Your sarcasm is welcome.

$10k for a funeral? Fuck me... Seems a little bit greedy...

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I must say who the fuck would kill a person for a console

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

$10k for a funeral? Fuck me... Seems a little bit greedy...

This. It's that kinda shit why I want a Viking funeral when I die so when my boat sinks everyone can fuck off home and do other things while thinking about me :P

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

As I understand it was a couple "mother" 16 years old, and "father" 20 years old, who did this and the baby was present too. They were arrested at the hospital where Phobos was being treated for his chest wound.

What shock me the most, it's a pro gamer on Gears of War!!! WTF.

It would be for a CSGO player, like Get_Right or Shox, I would understand, but that...

I am not mentionning Fiflaren....

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

This. It's that kinda shit why I want a Viking funeral when I die so when my boat sinks everyone can fuck off home and do other things while thinking about me :P

Well I mean I live down south, in Alabama. A decent funeral does not cost $10k here and I suspect it would be similar in Georgia. They got $23k so far which is insane. Yes it helps the family to some extent. But with a decent funeral around $2-$5k here that's ridiculous. Call me harsh, but people die everyday. Why is this guy so important he needs support from people to get $23k... What makes him any more special than the guy who just got killed from being robbed at a store down the street? He played games, great for him. We are all going to die one day, it sucks it happened this way. But I see no reason for him to be idolized for it.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Well I mean I live down south, in Alabama. A decent funeral does not cost $10k here and I suspect it would be similar in Georgia. They got $23k so far which is insane. Yes it helps the family to some extent. But with a decent funeral around $2-$5k here that's ridiculous. Call me harsh, but people die everyday. Why is this guy so important he needs support from people to get $23k... What makes him any more special than the guy who just got killed from being robbed at a store down the street? He played games, great for him. We are all going to die one day, it sucks it happened this way. But I see no reason for him to be idolized for it.

Same exact way I think of politicians, musicians, actors, pro sports players. Our society is disgusting, they idolize people and turn them into gods because they're "famous".

He's not being idolized, you who is also a nobody in my eyes the same as this "progamer" who is also a nobody in my eyes would grief if your team-mate and close friend was in his shoes. Not to mention a post saying R.I.P would have been fine, no need for snarking comments, its not like you go out and help people on the street, or do any good in your society or community for that matter. You mind your own business and go about your day doing the same. I was being thoughtful to post on LinustechTips, but the more I post the more its users act all fucked up and makes any new member unwelcome to even be a part of this community. I received a completely different response on a local forum, not that they are going to donate any money whatsoever which is also fine because the family have received far beyond what they need. But acting like cunts over something that has nothing to do with you doesn't really help your view over any situation. If for gawd unknown reason someone guns down your whole family for some stupid 100 bucks. What would you do? And yes the reality is many people die on a daily bases, he is nothing special from the rest of the "statistics". As I have no idea who he is, i have zero cares for gears of war and MLG for that matter but that does not mean slapping people in the face with my ePenis is helping anyone but your own ego and insignificance. I will steer clear of this area in the forums in the future clearly its filled with assholes, not all though. 

There are many different schools of thought, and while I agree that he isn't anyone special to me, this is a request of the community. Typically when things happen like this (mugging/killing) the community gets together to show and give support to friends and family. Well, as a gamer, his "close community" is the on-line community - so this kind of appeal makes sense. As to the costs, I always see on TV that the average funeral is $5-7k and don't forget that the family/estate also probably has a lot of hospital bills as well to cover, so those extra dollars go to paying that off as well.

Now, before I would ever donate (which I personally won't) I would personally verify the information around this case. Best wishes to his friends and family.