Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming

Interesting sponsor.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Love the Card looks and performance. Only downfall is I have the Gigabyte 780 Ti OC and it performs pretty well, should i wait for Nvidia come with something else before changing?

1.5Ghz on air?  O.o What kind of abomination Nvidia's created!? God I don't want another reason to upgrade my Gigabyte GTX 680, that still runs very well.

Last time I've got blown away from them was their 8800GT :)

I like Gigabyte but mine 770 from them is very strange overclocker. I can go 1280MHz on core but I cant go even 1MHz more on memory. But temperatures are amazing given the fact that my case is not really airflow optimized.

But this 980 is a beast. I like it a lot. Shame that LEDs are not RGB but that blue would fit my colour scheme.

I liked this video shared because it is Gigabyte and not MSI or EVGA. No MSI for me after they were slapped on the wrist publicly for not listening to Nvidia and as for EVGA sorry if you are going to cheap out and make excuses for using a cooler you shouldn't have well I am not buying.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Damn, if I didn't buy a 770 a few months ago this would of been my new card... So beautiful.

Seems to me the 60-80 $ more for this card is not  worth the 3 FPS over the reference 980.

Spoiler

• Product Dimensions: 15.9 x 3.5 x 9.3 inches ; 3.1 pounds

Is that really the size?!? IN INCHES?!? Um that's massive. 

Can someone confirm this is the actual size? 

Love the Card looks and performance. Only downfall is I have the Gigabyte 780 Ti OC and it performs pretty well, should i wait for Nvidia come with something else before changing?

I'd wait for the 980 ti, your 780 ti OC is still a great card.

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

LOL - my EVGA SC reference goes to 1600MHz

1614_3900_zpsf4b5e40d.jpg

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

Every video card SHOULD have RGV LEDs by now! Customization is KEY!!

Or how about just white so you can filter it with whatever colour you like?

From what I can tell, it takes a LOT to get Linus to drop an F bomb, and then in a positive way is ever rarer. Might have to consider this card if I suddenly come into a lot of money lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I liked this video shared because it is Gigabyte and not MSI or EVGA. No MSI for me after they were slapped on the wrist publicly for not listening to Nvidia and as for EVGA sorry if you are going to cheap out and make excuses for using a cooler you shouldn't have well I am not buying.

Please read. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/197015-correction-about-linus-gigabyte-bxi5g-760-micro-pc-video/ Gigabyte isn't perfect either. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I dig gigabytes design. Their 980 is top of my list for upgrading.

Shame that led isn't rgb but I'll find a way to make it work with my purple themed air 540.

Or how about just white so you can filter it with whatever colour you like?

That also works! good thinking!

Why are they so surprised that a card with a higher power input uses more power? (Especially when it has been overclocked)

They should get more aggressive with the clock speed on this card considering the Gigabyte 970 has been brought up to 1550+ Mhz. 

• 4 months later...

Can the blue light be changed or painted on the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming ?

• 3 weeks later...

Can the blue light be changed or painted on the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming ?

I don't think it can be changed; as for painted, that's up to you :)

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-