Require a new mouse

Hey guys,

I require a good mouse, it has to be quite reliable and has to be a wired mouse, I am currently using a cheap microsoft mouse and I am trying to buy a decent mouse that is reliable and would last a couple of years and not have intermittent issues. So far I have looked at the following mice 

1. Razer Taipan Expert Ambidextrous Laser Mouse

2. Steelseries Rival Optical Mouse

3. Razer Deathadder 2013 Optical Mouse 

My primary concern is the longevity, reliability, accuracy and build quality of the mice. Suggestions please, I need a decent mouse. I also don't want to spend insane amounts of money.

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

cyborg rat maybe?

My little brother bought the rat and not only do I think it's ugly, but it just does not feel and look right..

but hey personal preference! I do admit it has a lot of customization options. I am using a CM storm Inferno and I would not recommend it, had to send it back twice to finally get one that worked longer than a week, and this one's wheel is starting to squeel and sqeak, so don't get one of these haha. But then again they are cheap

My little brother bought the rat and not only do I think it's ugly, but it just does not feel and look right..

but hey personal preference! I do admit it has a lot of customization options. I am using a CM storm Inferno and I would not recommend it, had to send it back twice to finally get one that worked longer than a week, and this one's wheel is starting to squeel and sqeak, so don't get one of these haha. But then again they are cheap

yeah i can admit that its pretty ugly but i dont really care about that and my have held up perfectly for about 3 years now

cyborg rat maybe?

I did initially check it out, but it kinda looked weird and I had not heard many positive things. Thanks for the feedback, I will check it out once again. 

Ha ha ha ha, I thought the same about the R.A.T 3 but still I'll have another look at it.

I don't mind spending a little extra, but it needs to justify the cost. Thanks for the feedback!

yeah i can admit that its pretty ugly but i dont really care about that and my have held up perfectly for about 3 years now

Oh wow, that's cool, I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks

I would recommend the Logitech G402 and G502 to start off with. But as they have not been out that long I cannot speak for their long longevity.

What is your budget?

EDIT:

Also longevity itself is highly dependent on how you use your mouse, are you able to take good care of your mouse? Or are you a little like me and susceptible to losing ones temper, I focus my anger toward my wooden desk however, not my expensive electronics.  

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I would recommend the Logitech G402 and G502 to start off with. But as they have not been out that long I cannot speak for their long longevity.

What is your budget?

EDIT:

Also longevity itself is highly dependent on how you use your mouse, are you able to take good care of your mouse? Or are you a little like me and susceptible to losing ones temper, I focus my anger toward my wooden desk however, not my expensive electronics.  

Ok alright, I'll check that out. Logitech is a pretty reliable so let me see and have a look at those mice. Thanks for the feedback.

I live in India so it is quite expensive here, but my budget is below $95 USD. Not higher than that.

Here's the link to where I shop

http://www.flipkart.com/gaming/pr?p%5B0%5D=sort%3Dprice_desc&sid=4rr&q=mouse&otracker=from-multi&srno=st_1_2&allLinkPos=tree#jumpTo=1100|60

Ha ha ha ha. Yes I take good care of my mouse and electronics and ensure they survive very long periods of time, all my frustration is taken out on my desk or my chair.

Ok alright, I'll check that out. Logitech is a pretty reliable so let me see and have a look at those mice. Thanks for the feedback.

SNIP

MY G502 was 85€, not necessarily a massive difference there, I think you should find it in the 95$ range.

I learned to be nice to my mice after my G300 only lasted for about 14monts or so, given that I sometimes smacked it directly it lasted pretty well, the right click is not doing double and the sensor likes to start shaking when static...

I wont let that happen to a mouse that is essentially 4 times the price... Although I think I might need to find a new target to do that, I like to use force on my desk when it starts mocking my game-play. my mouse can get a few mm of air when that happens, I might not be bad but it isn't good either...

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

MY G502 was 85€, not necessarily a massive difference there, I think you should find it in the 95$ range.

I learned to be nice to my mice after my G300 only lasted for about 14monts or so, given that I sometimes smacked it directly it lasted pretty well, the right click is not doing double and the sensor likes to start shaking when static...

I wont let that happen to a mouse that is essentially 4 times the price... Although I think I might need to find a new target to do that, I like to use force on my desk when it starts mocking my game-play. my mouse can get a few mm of air when that happens, I might not be bad but it isn't good either...

Ah ok, I'll have a look, it's not on the site, but I know a few other places where it might be available! From the 3 mice I mentioned in the Original Post, would you recommend any of them? 

Lol, ha ha ha ha, that has happened to me in the past too, only difference is that it happened with my laptop, got one of the arrow keys jammed in after "accidentally" hitting it when my laptop froze! Lol! Never again I decided and have not physically abused any electronic device since then. Although the laptop was old, shitty and probably deserved it! Ha ha ha Thanks anyways. 

Ah ok, I'll have a look, it's not on the site, but I know a few other places where it might be available! From the 3 mice I mentioned in the Original Post, would you recommend any of them? 

Lol, ha ha ha ha, that has happened to me in the past too, only difference is that it happened with my laptop, got one of the arrow keys jammed in after "accidentally" hitting it when my laptop froze! Lol! Never again I decided and have not physically abused any electronic device since then. Although the laptop was old, shitty and probably deserved it! Ha ha ha Thanks anyways. 

I have never owned or used any of them, all I can say is that I have heard the most about the death adder and rival. Both being good choices, the rival has more options in terms of colors, as opposed to the DA or even the G502.

But other than that I shouldn't be really saying anything, I am not a valid source of advice when asking about any other mice except the G300, G502 and G402. Even then I only know the G402 because I did some research on it, and it is very similar to the G502.

Spoiler

I have never owned or used any of them, all I can say is that I have heard the most about the death adder and rival. Both being good choices, the rival has more options in terms of colors, as opposed to the DA or even the G502.

But other than that I shouldn't be really saying anything, I am not a valid source of advice when asking about any other mice except the G300, G502 and G402. Even then I only know the G402 because I did some research on it, and it is very similar to the G502.

Alright, Thanks! I'll look into the Logitech Mice you have mentioned. I'll see if I can get a trial somewhere. 

Rival and DeathAdder are both great mice, but as people before me has said, Logitech G502 is awesome. There is also Mionix Naos 7000 if you are interested in a more "ergonomic" shape.

Rival and DeathAdder are both great mice, but as people before me has said, Logitech G502 is awesome. There is also Mionix Naos 7000 if you are interested in a more "ergonomic" shape.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!