Monitor not displaying anything.

HirtheryDurthery

Alright so I was taking out the metal backplates on the PCI slots, those ones at the back of the case, and cos I have a stupid case, you have to physically tear them off; they're attached by two metal bits, and of course I cut my finger doing it lol. Anyway I put the GPU in there, and STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!! My only guess now is that it's a motherboard problem, which would be very annoying. As a side note, I got my computer sometime near the beginning/ middle of 2012, and the only things I have upgraded since then have all been recently, ie the new GPU, fans, and PSU. I think now I'll just go to a computer shop to see what can be done, but otherwise, thanks for your help :)

Hello once again, just a quick update. I tried putting the old fans back on my CPU cooler, as the problems started once I put new ones on. Again, no luck at all, I'm still having the same problem.

Thanks

Quick update again, when I plugged the monitor through the VGA port, the computer seems to display everything fine. Also when I still plug xbox into DVI, it also displays that fine.

Sorry about all these quick updates with most likely useless information but I have tried plugging my PC into a TV through a DVI to HDMI adapter. That sort of worked but the TV was kind of flashing on and off, seemed to be trying to get the right setting or something? So I just plugged it into HDMI to HDMI and that seemed to work fine. So I tried the GPU with the DVI to HDMI adapter but the TV said that it was receiving an incompatible video signal (Some Sharp TV BTW).

Alright so I was taking out the metal backplates on the PCI slots, those ones at the back of the case, and cos I have a stupid case, you have to physically tear them off; they're attached by two metal bits, and of course I cut my finger doing it lol. Anyway I put the GPU in there, and STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!! My only guess now is that it's a motherboard problem, which would be very annoying. As a side note, I got my computer sometime near the beginning/ middle of 2012, and the only things I have upgraded since then have all been recently, ie the new GPU, fans, and PSU. I think now I'll just go to a computer shop to see what can be done, but otherwise, thanks for your help :)

ever upgrade the mobo's bios firmware to test as well, id hate to say you may need a new board until after you try that

Sorry about all these quick updates with most likely useless information but I have tried plugging my PC into a TV through a DVI to HDMI adapter. That sort of worked but the TV was kind of flashing on and off, seemed to be trying to get the right setting or something? So I just plugged it into HDMI to HDMI and that seemed to work fine. So I tried the GPU with the DVI to HDMI adapter but the TV said that it was receiving an incompatible video signal (Some Sharp TV BTW).

oh well with that it seems like your settings for the driver are not correct, which is weird anyways, or the ports have gone bad on the dvi, does the card have another you could use?

ever upgrade the mobo's bios firmware to test as well, id hate to say you may need a new board until after you try that

How do I update the bios firmware because the computer isn't outputting anything, so I can't see what I'm doing. Would downloading the update onto a USB and then booting off that work? Oh wait I wouldn't be able to choose a boot drive :/

oh well with that it seems like your settings for the driver are not correct, which is weird anyways, or the ports have gone bad on the dvi, does the card have another you could use?

The only other ports on the GPU are displayport, I am afraid my monitor does not support it.

Lol okay guys so i got my computer fixed and apparently the connection pins on the bottom of the cpu were broken....

anyway now i have a different motherboard and cpu: Gigabyte z97 D3H, and the wonderful intel i7-4790k :)

Anyway now i am having a different problem...

The well known AMD driver issues. 

when i install the drivers for my GPU i boot onto my desktop, but i can only see my desktop background, and then i have to go into the bios and switch to onboard graphics so i can uninstall the drivers.

Could someone link me to the relevant thread, or else just try and help on this one? 

Thanks (:

So I have another update. I managed to get hold of a monitor for a day and attempted plugging my GPU in using DVI. That displayed nothing. I tried the same thing with integrated graphics DVI, but yet again got nothing. But when I plugged my xbox in through DVI it displayed it fine. Could both my GPU DVI and motherboard DVI be broken?