Console?

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey guys! I know after you read this post you'll all thunk I'm late to the party and hat not. But I have a reason for that. Which I'll explain later. 

Coming to the point. I have 700$ with me (bank money) and want to buy a console. I know. I know. But it's me.

I don't know what to take. I have some options you see:

PS3

PS4

Xbone

XBox 360

Nintendo WiiU

Nintendo Wii

And apparently if I have money left, I might even get a handheld console(s) for my cousins.

Now, what should I take from those 6 options?

AFAIK, I might not buy the Nintendo. It's nothing. If I would, I would buy the handheld ones. 

Options now left are the sony and the microsoft consoles. I know you'll say 360 and the PS3 are old. But this place, prices are fucking high for the PS3 and the Xbox. The Xbox is still better though. 

So what should I take? I play some FPS, Minecraft, Action, adventure whatever. You decided what's best for me.

Dare you guys say build a small PC. I've already done it. And as said, there's a reason for me buying a console. :)

Thanks

-Bn99

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Well I personally think that the PS3 is the best console ever, and it's really cheap compared to the PS4 aswell. You also have a large library of games unlike the 8th gen consoles. So the PS3 seems like a very good choice.

Why do you want to buy a console?

ps3/4 because their controller don't use proprietary connectors. 

Correct me if i am wrong but as far as I can see the xbox 360 and one both use USB as a connector.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I can't deal with the PS3 controller. PS4 is fine, so is Xbox 360. those two would be my choices. I think I'd opt for the 360. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Depends on what your friends have and what exclusives each one has that interests you, for me, personally I will vote for Xbone, just because with the recent mojang acquisition, Some interesting this could happen that could be exclusive to Xbone in terms of consoles

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

If it were me now i would be buying ps3 or xbox 360. i bet you could pick up both second hand.

reason being? a huge collection of games that are stupidly cheap, i picked up bio shock 1 and 2 for £10 just this week.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

What controller is best?

You can't go wrong with either, but I would say the PS3 controller. Just because I'm not very fond of the D-pad and 360 analog sticks

AFAIK, I might not buy the Nintendo. It's nothing. If I would, I would buy the handheld ones. 

So what should I take? I play some FPS, Minecraft, Action, adventure whatever. You decided what's best for me.

Dare you guys say build a small PC. I've already done it. And as said, there's a reason for me buying a console. :)

If you already have a PC and are not particularly into any gaming franchise. Why are you excluding Nintendo right off the bat? Because if you want the sort of content that you can't get on PC then Nintendo's platforms are where you'll find it. It's all about the content you can't get on P. So going by the list of games coming out soon or out already:

Go for PS4 if you want:

- The Last of Us

- Uncharted

- Infamous

-Destiny

Go XBOne if you want:

- Halo

- Killer Instinct

- Sunset Overdrive

- Destiny

Go for Wii U if you want:

- Mario Kart

- Zelda

- Smash Bros

- Bayonetta

... but really, just go for the Wii U

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

PS4 > PS3 > 360 > Xbox One

Ignore the Wii systems, it's literally the exact same franchises and games we've had for 30 years.

ps3/4 because their controller don't use proprietary connectors. 

Xbox One is a micro USB. 

I choose the One for Halo, Forza and for Gears of War if it evers comes out again. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

So It's decided that It be either PS3 or the Xbox 360. And yes, I'm also not familiar with it's D-Pad and all those stuff. Though I'm familiar with PS' controllers.

Advantages

PS3: I know much about it. All the PSN Network, the controllers etc.

Xbox 360: Cheap game prices as someone already said. And I think it's also easier to get my hands on a used one :)

Disadvantages: 

PS4: High prices for the games.

Xbox 360? I don't know anything about it yet.  Just that I don't know them Xbox Live, coins or some stuff. I'm not familiar with it's working.

Query: Are all (at least most) of the games available on the Xbox? 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Query: Are all (at least most) of the games available on the Xbox? 

The 360? Depends on what you mean by most. Most games over the last five years or so? Yeah. Most games over the next few years? Probably not. Not only that but it's almost a ten year old system at this point. An old system that was mostly about multiplatform games. You have a PC, unless you really want to go back and play Halo I wouldn't even bother with the 360. And if you really want to go back and play Halo they're releasing a collection of Halos on the XBOne. Same with the PS3, the main reason you'd get a PS3 now is to play The Last of Us. Why would you when it's a dead console now and they've done a remake of it for PS4?

Again, I don't think there's any option that makes more sense to a PC gamer as a console supplement to PC gaming than the Wii U. You have a PC, you can play games like GTA and Assassin's Creed already and even if the release is delayed odds are it'll land on your lap eventually. Or just suck a lemon for a bit and enjoy the fact that you can still snap up the previous release on Steam for a couple of bucks. If you buy a Sony or Microsoft platform you're not getting that much that you can't get already. If you go with the Wii U however there's a whole range of unique stuff that will never hit PC. Mario, Zelda, Kart, Smash, Splatoon, Pikmin, The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country etc, etc

Hell, the main disadvantage of the Wii U right now is that third parties are pulling out their big titles. No Assassin's Creed, no FIFA probably no CoD. Who cares, you have a PC. You buy into a platform for what it can offer you not for the cred or the gloating about sales. If you did I would just say "get the PS4" but it's not that simple, different platforms offer different things. This is a PC gamer forum, we're supposed to be above petty console wars. ;)

Go for PS4 if you want:

- The Last of Us

- Uncharted

- Infamous

-Destiny

Lawl all of those games are on Ps3 as well

Anyway, IMO it depends what type of games you want to play, like seriously each platform has its Jewel that is not available on the other.

I suggest you look at the games. 

If you have any type of genre you like tell us.

I can tell you right of the bat that the Playstations are the Crown holders of RPG games.

.......or you can do as i do an just buy them all...seriously...however ignore the Wii, you can play Wii games on the Wii U

Unless you have Game cube games, howerver the Wii U has a "virtual Console" that lets you play Older games....you have to buy them i think...not sure, i´ve never used Virtual Console on Wii U before.

http://wiiudaily.com/wii-u-virtual-console/

Lawl all of those games are on Ps3 as well

[....]

the Wii U has a "virtual Console" that lets you play Older games....you have to buy them i think...not sure, i´ve never used Virtual Console on Wii U before.

Same is true of most platforms because most of the great games that come out are sequels. You get Sony for Uncharted etc, Microsoft for Halo etc and Nintendo for Mario etc. You can guy the previous platform and get them but if you want the new ones you'd be stupid to invest in the old hardware. Because they're not going to support their last-gen gear forever.

Also yes, the Wii U does have a Virtual Console and you do have to buy the games. They have quite a few sales but the normal prices are around $5-10 for NES, SNES and GBA games which is fair enough for some games. Less so for others. The same service is on the 3DS for NES, GB, GBC and GameGear. I believe Sony does a similar thing with Playstation games on its consoles and it's "free" but you have to pay for a subscription to get it. Each approach has its own advantages.... neither are as good as Steam...

I just bought a PS4.

Though PS3 has more games right now, I can't take the low-res low framerate that it has.

Do you want 1080p or 900p? huheheehuehuhehe

No but srs, get the console that got the exclusives you like and your mates play on. 

I have the PS4 and i love it!  ;)

PS4: High prices for the games.

If you wait a bit, they drop quickly. I remember just a couple of months are launch, Killzone and Knack were only about £20 each. Last night I saw both in store for about £11 each. Console games go down in price quicker than PC games due to being able to get them used.