Corsair Gaming K70 RGB

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

For $210 in Australia, it would have to be near perfect for me to get it, and the blatant software bugs and annoyances don't help it's cause. I'll be saying no thanks corsair. It doesn't even look as sleek as they used to with that horrendous logo (IMO).

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

No launch in EU yet :(

Makes me saad i want 95 one.

PS: anyone knows when this baby comes to EU ?

I just picked mine up yesterday. The build quality is fantastic and is a dream to type on. The software is VERY confusing at first, but once you get a hang of it, it becomes much easier to understand. There are still a few confusions for me, but I've only had the keyboard less than 24 hours. Honestly, once Lua programming becomes available for it, I expect to see (and make) some really cool things with it.

"Never trust the authenticity of a quote on the internet."

-Abraham Lincoln 

This was the best part of the review for me :D

Aw8s1KX.jpg

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

i like the keyboard and really want one, but i will be honest i wont buy one because of that logo it looks like a tramp stamp and i just dont like it, but that keyboard looks damn sexy otherwise 

just realized even though its supposed to be two swords crossed it looks like the asus tuff series logo

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Well I should be getting my K70 with Brown switches tonight from Newegg. Very excited to into the software and see what it can do, I knew going in that this was not for faint of heart :lol:   

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

the K65 rgb is my choice. edit: with brown switches ofc, i am horrified with the red ones on my K70

the k65 will be red switch only

Mothership - 3770k @ 4.5 - 980ti SLI - Z77UD5

Protégé - FX8350 @ 4.8 - Fury X - CHVFZ

The key cap will brake in 3-4 month.

Meh, heard about that, seemed like it was issue in particular batches just like the LED issue. I'm not doing on my stuff so I'm not too concerned.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

My k70 arrived last week and software-wise, I agree with everything Linus said, its kinda clunky and not straightforward. After banging through it I finally hit a "OH, I get it" point... just for some simple color changes (http://instagram.com/p/tIeC5OpM7c/?modal=false). Honestly, I don't think I'll have the time to care... and the ability to download custom profiles is most likely what I'll end up doing.

If you're the type that LOVES making custom desktop backgrounds with rainmeter, you'd probably love playing around with this keyboard. For everyone else, the software is enough to scare away the casual people who will just wanna play around with custom colors a bit.

Other notable pieces, I came from an 10 P.O.S. KB, the wrist rest feels fantastic... I sometimes just wanna sit there and pet it. I LOVE the volume wheel and media buttons (its a kb standard now, but if you didn't have them...). This is also my first mechanical keyboard, lovin it!

the k65 will be red switch only

red, blue and brown switches i have been told by an online retailer. edit: thats true for k95 aswell.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

No launch in EU yet :(

Makes me saad i want 95 one.

PS: anyone knows when this baby comes to EU ?

In Sweden 4th October.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Oh Great, i didnt know. Price`?  1300 for K70 and 1500 for K95? (random guessing here)

http://www.inet.se/kampanj/1743/corsair-rgb-release

1595 for K70

1795 for K95

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

ouch....yeah...no.....i dont think ill buy one for awhile :(

I was sure i was going to buy one but now with the ugly logo i'm not so sure anymore.

The corsair software is too cluttered for me. I have a M90 and I had a heck of a time trying to set up the macros. I think I'll stay away from corsair keyboards if the software needs work.

ooh, we got a fanboy over here.

Yes, I have loved my k70 and wanted some rgb. So I got the k95 FINALLY in mx blues and figured while I was at it I would replace my sensei raw with an m65

Does anyone know of any alternatives to this? Full size, mechanical and dedicated media keys