Don't Fall for This [PSA]

Frankiezjr

leasing a graphics card just sounds like a bad idea..

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Why the hell would you lease a graphics card? Just save up and click buy one time.

It doesn't even come out to a little above the card's price.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

The people on this forum are pretty well-informed with computer part prices.

And also, leasing hardware is just.... yeah... 

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

The people at the bottom are fake. The last names (Found with an online name list) start with A then B then Y then Z. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

253 facebook likes

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Okay, so, lets say I decide to lease one of these bad boys. 980 for 63.99/month?

A 980 right now on newegg can be purchased for $550 outright, for a one time fee. With the lease, lets say that you keep it for a year until the next new series of cards come out. So 12*63.99 = $767.88. Which ends up being 140% of the price of buying a new graphics card. Sounds pretty shitty.

Now, lets say by some chance this company is legit. If I lease this card now, and in three months the 980ti comes out (not set to be released, no rumors yet, but lets say it does). I spent $191.97 for a 980, not too bad. Now I'll pay (I'll guess here) $80/month for the new 980ti. I keep that for 2 months ($160) until the new 390x comes out, which I'll switch to it for $75/month, and keep it for the rest of the year ($525 total). In that one year, I spent $876 on graphics cards, but I used three of the latest and greatest, most badass of all badassitudes of cards for 1/2 the price (assuming that the 980ti releases at $700, and the 390x releases at $500).

Not that bad of a deal... If it's legit.

//ccap

Okay, so, lets say I decide to lease one of these bad boys. 980 for 63.99/month?

A 980 right now on newegg can be purchased for $550 outright, for a one time fee. With the lease, lets say that you keep it for a year until the next new series of cards come out. So 12*63.99 = $767.88. Which ends up being 140% of the price of buying a new graphics card. Sounds pretty shitty.

Now, lets say by some chance this company is legit. If I lease this card now, and in three months the 980ti comes out (not set to be released, no rumors yet, but lets say it does). I spent $191.97 for a 980, not too bad. Now I'll pay (I'll guess here) $80/month for the new 980ti. I keep that for 2 months ($160) until the new 390x comes out, which I'll switch to it for $75/month, and keep it for the rest of the year ($575 total). In that one year, I spent $876 on graphics cards, but I used three of the latest and greatest, most badass of all badassitudes of cards for 1/2 the price (assuming that the 980ti releases at $700, and the 390x releases at $500).

Not that bad of a deal... If it's legit.

You spend more money over time swapping cards constantly for something newer than if you bought a new card every few years.

You spend more money over time swapping cards constantly for something newer than if you bought a new card every few years.

Personally I just stick with one card until it doesn't perform how I want it to anymore. If that's at the end of next week, then time to upgrade. If it's in four years, then it's time to upgrade.

Some people though (*cough* r/pcmr) like to upgrade with every new card launch, so for people like that, something like this would actually be really nice to have.

//ccap

Personally I just stick with one card until it doesn't perform how I want it to anymore. If that's at the end of next week, then time to upgrade. If it's in four years, then it's time to upgrade.

Some people though (*cough* r/pcmr) like to upgrade with every new card launch, so for people like that, something like this would actually be really nice to have.

I prefer not wasting my money because I know how to handle it.  ^_^

I prefer not wasting my money because I know how to handle it.  ^_^

As a stock trader, I know how to handle money. I mean, gaming peripherals > monthly rent/car payment, amirite?

//ccap