AMD FX-8350 or Intel Core i7 4790

TimHenry

REAGRDLESS OF PRICE, what CPU has better raw performance? (everyone knows that AMD puts intel to bed when it comes to price to performance value) And would it be THAT worth it to go with the i7 over the 8350? (upgrading from the ancient fx 6100)

PC SPECS:

gpu: asus gtx 760

cpu:?

mobo: depends on cpu

ram: 8gb gskill ripjaws

(going to be doing a lot of gaming as well as rendering videos for my u2be channel.)

..4790?

It would be worth it if you're getting a k chip and z97.

Error: 410

Regardless of price = the i7 will destroy the AMD

Price/Performance = AMD beats i7 hands down

If you don't care about prices then its like comparing a Bugatti to a vw polo.

But if you want price/performance then the AMD wins

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

For your use case, Intel, 4 Stronger single cores over 8 weaker ones shines a litter bit better in Gaming, but is a little lacking in encoding, as Gaming is Primary and Encoding is Secondary so having 4x Strong cores for smashing the game, and shadowplay/cuda for the encoding. (Also remember a lot of PPL use GPU encoding for Youtube vids these days)

With 8 cores, your multitasking is better in realtime in varied apps, but if your not streaming while you game.then yeah..not so bad (streaming is multicore aggressive, but you can use GTX 760 now for that (Shadowplay again)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

For your use case, Intel, 4 Stronger single cores over 8 weaker ones shines a litter bit better in Gaming, but is a little lacking in encoding, as Gaming is Primary and Encoding is Secondary so having 4x Strong cores for smashing the game, and shadowplay/cuda for the encoding. (Also remember a lot of PPL use GPU encoding for Youtube vids these days)

With 8 cores, your multitasking is better in realtime in varied apps, but if your not streaming while you game.then yeah..not so bad (streaming is multicore aggressive, but you can use GTX 760 now for that (Shadowplay again)

The 4790 has hyperthreading.

8 threads on the i7 always beats the FX8350 in gaming, rendering, and everything else.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i7 rapes any AMD CPU in everything.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

The 4790 has hyperthreading.

8 threads on the i7 always beats the FX8350 in gaming, rendering, and everything else.

Sorry I was thinking i5 Intel Quadcore (eyeball oversight)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz