Looking for a new router <$140

Wufflez
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,

I need to upgrade and have been looking around, I have 4 PC's wired which are the priority each stream and game simultaneously. for wifi it's 5 phones and 2 laptops which are lightly used, I don't care for a really great speed for wifi just something decent with some range.

So any suggestions? I can't really go over my budget :(

Oh and my internet is Charter I get 41 down 3.5 up 

I personally really love ASUS routers. Their interface is incredibly easy to use, with a very nice GUI, and the performance of all the models I've used is pretty damn awesome.

Only question: Do you require (Or want) Wireless AC? If so, then the ASUS routers are going to be borderline or over the budget you've set, so you may have to look at a Buffalo or TP-Link router or similar.

My suggestions:

Wireless N Option

ASUS RT-N66U

http://www.amazon.com/RT-N66U-Dual-Band-Wireless-N900-Gigabit-Router/dp/B006QB1RPY/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1411591198&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+router

$129 with free shipping

Wireless AC Option:

ASUS RT-AC66U

http://www.amazon.com/RT-AC66U-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC1750-Gigabit-Router/dp/B008ABOJKS/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1411591198&sr=1-5&keywords=asus+router

$169 with free shipping - slightly over budget.

You can find cheaper AC units from ASUS, but they aren't full AC bandwidth and will be lacking a lot of features.

Hope these help! I've used both the N66U and the AC66U and both kickass!

I need to upgrade and have been looking around, I have 4 PC's wired which are the priority each stream and game simultaneously. for wifi it's 5 phones and 2 laptops which are lightly used, I don't care for a really great speed for wifi just something decent with some range.

I personally really love ASUS routers. Their interface is incredibly easy to use, with a very nice GUI, and the performance of all the models I've used is pretty damn awesome.

Only question: Do you require (Or want) Wireless AC? If so, then the ASUS routers are going to be borderline or over the budget you've set, so you may have to look at a Buffalo or TP-Link router or similar.

My suggestions:

Wireless N Option

ASUS RT-N66U

http://www.amazon.com/RT-N66U-Dual-Band-Wireless-N900-Gigabit-Router/dp/B006QB1RPY/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1411591198&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+router

$129 with free shipping

Wireless AC Option:

ASUS RT-AC66U

http://www.amazon.com/RT-AC66U-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC1750-Gigabit-Router/dp/B008ABOJKS/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1411591198&sr=1-5&keywords=asus+router

You can find cheaper AC units from ASUS, but they aren't full AC bandwidth and will be lacking a lot of features.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

My suggestions:

Wireless N Option

ASUS RT-N66U

$129 with free shipping

Wireless AC Option:

ASUS RT-AC66U

Thanks I did end up getting the N66U the other day I hope I like it as much as other people do too :)

Thanks I did end up getting the N66U the other day I hope I like it as much as other people do too :)

Me too! Once you get it up and running, I'd like to hear your thoughts on how you like it, maybe what you don't like and where they could do better? I personally really like the UI, and the performance was top notch. But obviously there can be some variance from person to person due to operating with a different network setup.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 2 weeks later...

Me too! Once you get it up and running, I'd like to hear your thoughts on how you like it, maybe what you don't like and where they could do better? I personally really like the UI, and the performance was top notch. But obviously there can be some variance from person to person due to operating with a different network setup.

It's great! Plenty fast and no one on the network interferes with each other which was the main concern. but it was also nice to see a big boost in performance on the wifi as well as a reasonable increase on the wifi too so happy me :)