"Gamers Start Petition To Keep Old Corsair Logo"

timerwin63

Originally posted on Legit Reviews (here: http://www.legitreviews.com/gamers-start-petition-keep-old-corsair-logo_151178):  

Corsair announced a new gaming product line yesterday and with that came a new product logo. It appears that a handful of gamers are upset with the new logo and have set up a petition for Corsair to ditch the new logo and stick with the old one. Many people are calling it a ‘tramp stamp’ and are upset of the use of the color yellow. What do you think?

The new Corsair Gaming product logo is above and the old Corsair logo that has been around for over a decade is below. Would you go with the sails or the tribal ‘lower back tattoo’ on your gaming products?

The best comment that we have seen yet is this one; “I dated a girl once with the Corsair Gaming logo. Might as well have been a bullseye.” Other comments include:

The new logo is already kinda ugly but the bright yellow stuff that’s going on is just terrible.

“The new logo makes me feel like i don’t want this keyboard or mouse anymore.”
“Corsair’s primary market is already the PCicon1.png gaming market, why the “gaming” offshoot?”
“The logo is simply “not Corsair” and rather unattractive/ugly/cheap”
“I’m happy I own a K70 without that logo.”
“Noooooo! Not a cool logo! Love the old logo”
“I go buy Corsair for the sleek and modern look. I don’t want this “gaming” styled stuff, if I did I’d buy another brand. The new logo is just ugly… it looks like a tramp stamp!”

Does the new Corsair Gaming logo take away from the products?

A group of enthusiasts (called "gamers" on the Legit Reviews article) over on OCN (here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1457106/tpu-corsair-debuts-first-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-with-cherry-mx-rgb-switches/750#post_22881496) started a petition to get Corsair to stop using their new "Corsair Gaming" logo on their peripherals. In the OCN thread, George and several other reps have been getting hit pretty hard with people's dissatisfaction with the new logo, effectively brushing it off with a "Well, you don't really account for that much of a margin in our sales."

I don't know how much Corsair's making on these keyboards, but if everyone who's signed this petition so far isn't buying the keyboard because of the new logo, they're going to have to make up  ~$460870 (2711 people at the time of posting * $170/keyboard).

Anyone who agrees with the folks over on OCN should go over to the petition page (here: https://www.change.org/p/corsair-components-inc-keep-the-old-corsair-logo) and put your name down. With enough signatures behind us I'm sure we can get the folks at Corsair to rethink their decision to rebrand these keyboards.

the old one reminds me of TPB

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

The old one looked subtle and i liked it, the new one just looks like a tramp stamp. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to change.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

the old one reminds me of TPB

Better that then a trampstamp. Or atleast that's what it reminds quite a few people of.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I do like it on mice, but on cases and stuff i think i would rather the old design

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

I dislike the new logo very much

Edit -

LET US ALL TAG THE SHIZ OUT O LINUS SO HE SHARES THIS ON FACEBOOK SO MORE PEOPLE SIGN IT!

@LinusTech

@LinusTech

@LinusTech

@LinusTech

@LinusTech

@LinusTech

@LinusTech

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Time to get the G710 (non plus) with BLUES YAY

much disappointment corsair

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

The new logo looks like a symbol of a flag in a pirate ship. I'm loving it.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Like the petition has any power to force corsair's hand. Eh, I guess it gets the word out about the unhappiness. I guess they are trying for a more aggressive, "gamer" look with it. I personally preferred the old one. I hope it stays on their obsidian line of cases at least.

I personally liked the old logo a lot better, it was elegant, simple, subtle. This new logo has no meaning to me, at least not any obvious meaning, looks like a cheesy, "gaming" symbol. (Like Asus' "TUF" symbol, but the "TUF" symbol at least spelt out "TUF"). I hope they go back honestly, being a huge Corsair fan, it makes me a bit upset. (Check my signature and you'll see how much of a Corsair fan I am)

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

That's ugly.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Wow. I mean, I can see that some people didn't like it, but holy shit, overreaction much? "I don't like one visual aspect of your product, therefore I won't buy it at all!" I mean, really, you care enough to petition to get it changed, but a single logo is enough to stop you buying a product that you clearly like? Damn.
I don't mind it, I think it's still relatively subtle in contrast to many things out there. 

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

@Redheadsrule13 I think it is because of the colour, and it is on RGB keyboards so it really doesn't match unless you have the colours set to yellow.

p.s. Nice name ;)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Bunch of cry babies I think.

Making a whole petition because of a stupid logo?

Corsair - A privateer or pirate

I like the fundamental design of the new logo, but they could improve upon it.

It's basically like the Scythe logo, but with daggers.

scythe-logo.jpg