What gpu to get?

780blzit

Hi, 

so recently my r9 290 ref. design card was acting weird, so I sent it back where I bought it to get it fixed. They said that the ref. design is no longer available and I'm allowed to pick a new card. 

So I have around 480-560 USD to spend on a graphics card, here comes the hard part.

...what gpu?  :mellow:

oh shit 3XX confirmed

whaaat?

GTX 980 ref

That's is unfortunately not in my price range :S

Well if another 290 then either the sapphire tri-x or gigabyte windforce or even power color pcs+

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

$549.99 for the reference model

It's $770 in sweden :(

Well if another 290 then either the sapphire tri-x or gigabyte windforce or even power color pcs+

yeaah, Idk, i've got some bad experience with amd gpu's so im kinda on the green side imo.

It's $770 in sweden :(

yeaah, Idk, i've got some bad experience with amd gpu's so im kinda on the green side imo.

gtx 770? That would be a down grade from a 290

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Try to see if you can add a couple of bucks to get the non reference 980.

Get the asus or msi model in my opinion: much quieter , cooler and better components (although different outputs compared to the reference design)

The other option would be gigabyte: cooler and more quiet than reference, no 0dB, but with better outputs

how much is a gtx 970 in sweden if it fits your budget get it it should be better than a 290 seeing its better then a 780

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

gtx 770? That would be a down grade from a 290

I was saying that the 980 is $770 in sweden. The 'best' i can do in the nvidia line is 780 or 970.

Try to see if you can add a couple of bucks to get the non reference 980.

Get the asus or msi model in my opinion: much quieter , cooler and better components (although different outputs compared to the reference design)

The other option would be gigabyte: cooler and more quiet than reference, no 0dB, but with better outputs

yeaaahno, 230~ usd extra is not possible. 

how much is a gtx 970 in sweden if it fits your budget get it it should be better than a 290 seeing its better then a 780

around 490USD. The 'best' i can do in the nvidia line is 780 or 970.

I was saying that the 980 is $770 in sweden. The 'best' i can do in the nvidia line is 780 or 970.

yeaaahno, 230~ usd extra is not possible. 

around 490USD. The 'best' i can do in the nvidia line is 780 or 970.

then get the gtx 970 

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

care to elaborate? gtx 970 or the r9 290?

the gtx 970 is newer, its better, it has a ton a new stuff that nvidia made its right now the best price to performance card on the market, and you can get an evga one because evga has the best customer service and reputation

Spoiler

Don't get the EVGA. Their coolers are some of the loudest of the GTX 970s. Get the Zotac model. It's quiet and you can overclock up to 1500MHz on air if you get a decent one.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

Don't get the EVGA. Their coolers are some of the loudest of the GTX 970s. Get the Zotac model. It's quiet and you can overclock up to 1500MHz on air if you get a decent one.

what about the 780? On linus' video, the 780 were better than the 970 but they were OC'd.

And that's why you should go look at the video that Jayztwocents made on the Zotac model.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

And that's why you should go look at the video that Jayztwocents made on the Zotac model.

There is no video from jayztwocents made on the zotac?