Corsair fan rings

Nem

I see pictures everywhere of people mounting corsair fans to their radiators, and they typically have red rings around them. I know that the AF/SP series have detachable rings, howevever, corsair dont make SP140 fans (only 120).

Does this mean that every time I see this, those people are using SP120 fans? Or are they sticking AF140 fans on their rads?

I love the rings, so I'm trying to find a way to get those corsair fans onto a rad (haven't decided which one), but it seems I'd be stuck either using a 240mm rad or throwing AF fans on there which doesn't seem ideal. Is there another alternative?

I was thinking of getting the h110, but given that its a 280mm rad, I presumably wouldn't be able to get those fan rings without using AF fans on there?

They make sp140s, but they don't have rings

They make sp140s

are you sure? I have never seen a 140mm SP fan from corsair that have the fan rings. I know they make them in the LED version, but I don't believe they have the rings and I'm not a fan of LED fans anyway

are you sure? I have never seen a 140mm SP fan from corsair that have the fan rings. I know they make them in the LED version, but I don't believe they have the rings and I'm not a fan of LED fans anyway

yeah, they don't have the rings which is unfortunate. 

so does this mean that whenever I look at these pictures I'm looking at a 240mm rad (i.e. they're not using the newer h110, but sticking with the older h100i or 105)?

is the fin density on the corsair AIO's low enough to allow the user of an AF fan mounted to the rad?

The ones you are talking about, that people put on their rads and have those rings are Carsair AF 140's.

Corsair does not have SP 140s with those rings(only led versions). So yeah people sacrifice a little bit to have the beauty of those AF 140's rings. I doubt it'll make a significant difference in temperature tbh(I can be mistaken though.)

Beauty above all right!

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice