Trying to finalize my 1st custom loop.

Ok so I'm planning on upgrading the cooling in my main rig and would like some overview as to weather my parts are sound or not. First off this will be cooling the CPU only FOR NOW I want to get the basis for the water cooling loop first. I will eventually be upgrading the hardware of my system CPU/mobo/GPU but this will be at a later date. When I eventually do that upgrade I will be cooling CPU, 1 maybe 2 GPUs and possibly the motherboard.

So anyways here's my list:

Grand total is ~$744 Cad so yea I may need to split it up into 2 orders depending on how impatient I am. I'm thinking getting the cpu block, front rad(because I need to make a custom mount for it), pump, pump top, res, tubing, and fittings first then saving the rest for purchase later if I do split up the order. 

My final loop config will be: res>pump>top rad>front rad>CPU>res(flow meter will be inserted somewhere) my conclusion is I don't want the front rad dissipating a ton of heat since the air from the front rad is intake into the case so if I can keep that air cooler my other parts will stay cooler(though this may be all in my head I've never done a custom loop) and I can let the top thicker rad deal with brunt of the heat. I would like suggestions on the best loop config if this won't do(I know Linus says it doesn't matter as long as res is right before pump but I would still like opinions)

Thanks!

Edit forgot to mention fans: I will be running both rads in pull config with square framed fans and gaskets(dues to holes in the case around the rad mounts) I plan on reusing my cougar fans on the front and I may pick up some Noctuas for the top since the fans won't be seen.

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Specs Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Cosmos Sv2:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Turbo
  • Case: Modded Cosmos S (Cosmos Sv2)
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • PSU: Corsair HX850
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Cooling: Custom Loop
  • Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum
  • Mouse: Corsair Dark Core
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev1.0
  • RAM: 16GB Patriot Sector 5
  • GPU: XFX HD 7950
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G Glass Window
  • Storage: 2x HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 
  • PSU: Corsair 650W
  • Display(s): Samsung 32"
  • Cooling: Hyper 212+
  • Keyboard: Logitech G110
  • Mouse: Logitech M100
  • Sound: HyperX Headset

you dont need the flow "meter" or the water temp monitor both are pointless and aimed at newcomers that think they need them. the flow indicators can be argued that they make the loop look nicer though.

you only need a 240 radiator for the cpu  2 360s serve no purpose in this loop

Looks about right to me an ok build.

The parts look like they will be fine together. You said that you dont want the front rad putting hot into your loop but it will do it anyway even though the top rad is first the coolant is moving so fast that will stil put 'hot' air into the case. It just wont be as much (a couple of degrees) as if it was first in the loop.

As for cooland thoughts, id stick with disstilled water with a silver kill coil or PTnuke. 

In terms of routing tubing the order looks fine but just remember to route the tubes in such a way that you can install the gpu with the water blocks and make minial changes to the tubing run. It would be annoying to go though all the effort of setting up one tubing run, then ripping it out just to install one or two gpus.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

How are you going to fit 12mm sleeving over 16mm tube?

I want the sleeving to show a bit of the black through it so it doesn't need to be a super tight weave when it's over the tubing.

It will be quite a bit shorter when stretched.

I know I have the extra tubing because I need it for something else plus it's nice to have some extra just in case. Realistically I could probably plumb the setup with 6ft of tubing.

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

Cosmos Sv2:

• Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

you dont need the flow "meter" or the water temp monitor both are pointless and aimed at newcomers that think they need them. the flow indicators can be argued that they make the loop look nicer though.

you only need a 240 for the cpu  the other one serves no purpose in this loop

if there are future plans for gpu cooling installing both rads now will be far easier, id have to agree with your flow meter statement though.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

if there are future plans for gpu cooling installing both rads now will be far easier, id have to agree with your flow meter statement though.

i would just get the one 360 then and leave the front open so the gpu has less interrupted airflow

you only need a 240 for the cpu  the other one serves no purpose in this loop

I want the flow meter as an additional reading to the Pump rpm that I can monitor hence why I got the one with the read off instead of the visual only one. The temp probe I'm considering mainly because of the LCD reading which I thought I could use to fill in the front panel I/O area that I pulled out of my case. I don't think a single 240 will cool an oc'd CPU and dual oc'd GPUs when I eventually upgrade to that in the future. Hence why I want to buy 360 rads plus I'll be able to run fans at lower rpm with more rad area.

Looks about right to me an ok build.

The parts look like they will be fine together. You said that you dont want the front rad putting hot into your loop but it will do it anyway even though the top rad is first the coolant is moving so fast that will stil put 'hot' air into the case. It just wont be as much (a couple of degrees) as if it was first in the loop.

As for cooland thoughts, id stick with disstilled water with a silver kill coil or PTnuke. 

In terms of routing tubing the order looks fine but just remember to route the tubes in such a way that you can install the gpu with the water blocks and make minial changes to the tubing run. It would be annoying to go though all the effort of setting up one tubing run, then ripping it out just to install one or two gpus.

Yea I figured as much but anything to minimize the hot hair coming from that front rad. I heard silver kill coils sometimes aren't effective against growth is there a specific surface area of it I need in relation to the amount of water in the loop? As for the tubing I've got a decent idea of the routing to make the main hardware upgrade almost plug and play.

Cosmos Sv2:

Old School AMD:

i would just get the one 360 then and leave the front open so the gpu has less interrupted airflow

There's already hard drives in the way so that doesn't happen plus when I upgrade GPUs I'll makes sure to get ones that have full cover blocks available for them unlike my current GPU.

Cosmos Sv2:

Old School AMD:

you only need a 240 radiator for the cpu  2 360s serve no purpose in this loop

it is nice to know the water temp of your loop. and it looks cool if it is placed right.

CPU: I7 4790K GPU: Manli GTX 980 Mobo: Asus Gryphon z97 RAM: kingston Hyper x fury 16GB 1866mhz PSU: EVGA supernova 750W G2 SSD: Samsung 840 evo 500GB HDD: WD Black 3TB Case: Parvum s2.0 Fans: Noiseblocker E-loop 800rpm Cooling: Custom water cooling

Yea I figured as much but anything to minimize the hot hair coming from that front rad. I heard silver kill coils sometimes aren't effective against growth is there a specific surface area of it I need in relation to the amount of water in the loop? As for the tubing I've got a decent idea of the routing to make the main hardware upgrade almost plug and play.

Well if you dont to use a kill coil then use PT nuke or similar. Future thought is a good thing and you seem like you know what your doing in terms of pre-planning.

I want the flow meter as an additional reading to the Pump rpm that I can monitor hence why I got the one with the read off instead of the visual only one. The temp probe I'm considering mainly because of the LCD reading which I thought I could use to fill in the front panel I/O area that I pulled out of my case. I don't think a single 240 will cool an oc'd CPU and dual oc'd GPUs when I eventually upgrade to that in the future. Hence why I want to buy 360 rads plus I'll be able to run fans at lower rpm with more rad area.

for two GPUs and a cpu you only need about 480mm of radiator space 600mm would be fine (i run 600mm) 1.37v cpu, 1.212v gpus

also i dislike kill coils i just use copper sulphate etc not sure if they solved the issues with the EK stuff

it is nice to know the water temp of your loop. and it looks cool if it is placed right.

Well I was planning on putting it in here:

dWOL2BEl.jpg

Where my front I/O used to be if the LCD was small enough then I could slide down that cover over it if I didn't want to see it. If it happens to not fit, it's only $10 and I could probably use it in another build someday.

Cosmos Sv2:

Old School AMD:

pump, pump top, res, tubing, and fittings first then saving the rest for purchase later if I do split up the order. 

My final loop config will be: res>pump>top rad>front rad>CPU>res(flow meter will be inserted somewhere) my conclusion is I don't want the front rad dissipating a ton of heat since the air from the front rad is intake into the case so if I can keep that air cooler my other parts will stay cooler(though this may be all in my head I've never done a custom loop) and I can let the top thicker rad deal with brunt of the heat. I would like suggestions on the best loop config if this won't do(I know Linus says it doesn't matter as long as res is right before pump but I would still like opinions)

Thanks!

Bruh, it's your money your loop. It looks fine to me and if you want a flow meter and temp sensor in there, get them. The flow meter will at the very least look nice and the temp sensor is nice for knowing your water temp. The whole air thing doesn't really work like that. The liquid in a loop moves around really fast and the water temps will reach an equilibrium.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Bruh, it's your money your loop. It looks fine to me and if you want a flow meter and temp sensor in there, get them. The flow meter will at the very least look nice and the temp sensor is nice for knowing your water temp. The whole air thing doesn't really work like that. The liquid in a loop moves around really fast and the water temps will reach an equilibrium.

^ I concur.

Alright thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will save this list and place the order when my funds are in place.

Cosmos Sv2:

Old School AMD:

OK good luck with the build.