Intel "Talk to the Expert" Haswell-E Live Chat [POSTPONED]

UPDATE: The stream has been delayed due to circumstances that are beyond our control. The thread will be updated when a new date/time has been confirmed. Thanks for your patience folks!

So what is this?

This is a very rare opportunity to do a LIVE Q&A session with one of the folks who worked on the Haswell-E line of CPUs from Intel. He and Linus have connected already briefly and aside from trade secrets, you guys are welcome to ask any questions you want about the product, the development cycle, and what it's like behind the scenes working on an important product like this at Intel!

Alejandro Hoyos, Product Marketing Engineer at Intel will be joining us for a Q&A and suggestion session on [DATE/TIME TO BE DETERMINED]

Click here to find out what time it is in your time zone

This will be a great opportunity to talk about your ideas, ask questions, and give feedback on this exciting new product.

Not only that, but we'll be giving away TWO Intel Haswell-E CPUs on the show... Because Intel is sending us the CPUs and putting us in charge of shipping the prizes, the giveaway will be INTERNATIONAL.

It will be streamed at http://twitch.tv/linustech, and the giveaway we're running is for LIVE VIEWERS ONLY.

The main topic of the stream is basically up to you guys and we'd love to see you post your ideas in this thread ahead of time so we can figure out how to structure this to make it as entertaining and educational as possible!

We want this to be a lot of fun and super interactive, so please post your ideas in this forum thread. Linus will definitely be taking more suggestions during the show as well, but it's great to have a starting point.. Folks who post in the thread versus trying to get their questions featured live *will* have a bit of an advantage!

How do I win the swag?

The winner will be chosen randomly from the live viewers of the stream during a random period, so make sure you're paying attention!

• Make sure you're registered for Linus Tech Tips forum and signed in while you're watching the live stream
  • Make sure you're watching from somewhere that you'll have access to a browser
  • Tune into the stream right at the beginning and make sure you're paying attention!

I love you Nick <3

You and I will make beautiful beebies!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

yay i've got no school on that day!!!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Cool, can't wait!

Ehhh, 4 am in the morning. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Thanks Nickeypoo! (I love you more than anyone else and you know that)

Pls fix font for night theme <3

Back away from my man!

Why are you always trying to steal them from me?!?!?!?  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Yay!!! Now we need a mobo and ram giveaway for that :D

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Just so you know this needs to be fixed for dark theme. 

Bah they need stop hosting these when I'm at or on my way too work :/ grumble grumble grumble 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Back away from my man!

Why are you always trying to steal them from me?!?!?!?  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Steal him from YOU? I told him I loved him since before people even knew who he was!

Fix the font please @nicklmg

I'll have to see if I'm off school that day...

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

@nicklmg could you remove the formatting for the night theme users thanks :)

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

You should know better than to post this in gray!!! >:C

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I want the SWAG!! :P

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

So what is this?

This is a very rare opportunity to do a LIVE Q&A session with one of the folks who worked on the Haswell-E line of CPUs from Intel. He and Linus have connected already briefly and aside from trade secrets, you guys are welcome to ask any questions you want about the product, the development cycle, and what it's like behind the scenes working on an important product like this at Intel!

Darrin Lynch, Business Development Manager (formerly Product Marketing Engineer) at Intel will be joining us for a Q&A and suggestion session on September 25, 2014 at 11am Pacific time

Click here to find out what time it is in your time zone

This will be a great opportunity to talk about your ideas, ask questions, and give feedback on this exciting new product.

Not only that, but we'll be giving away TWO Intel Haswell-E CPUs on the show... Because Intel is sending us the CPUs and putting us in charge of shipping the prizes, the giveaway will be INTERNATIONAL.

It will be streamed at http://twitch.tv/linustech, and the giveaway we're running is for LIVE VIEWERS ONLY.

The main topic of the stream is basically up to you guys and we'd love to see you post your ideas in this thread ahead of time so we can figure out how to structure this to make it as entertaining and educational as possible!

We want this to be a lot of fun and super interactive, so please post your ideas in this forum thread. Linus will definitely be taking more suggestions during the show as well, but it's great to have a starting point.. Folks who post in the thread versus trying to get their questions featured live *will* have a bit of an advantage!

How do I win the swag?

The winner will be chosen randomly from the live viewers of the stream during a random period, so make sure you're paying attention!

• Make sure you're registered for Linus Tech Tips forum and signed in while you're watching the live stream
  • Make sure you're watching from somewhere that you'll have access to a browser
  • Tune into the stream right at the beginning and make sure you're paying attention!

How long will it last?, and why thursday :(

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Cool, can't wait!

Ehhh, 4 am in the morning. 

I'm staying up

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I want to thank Intel guy for giving us best CPUs on the market.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I'm hoping this will last less than 2 hours so I'm not late for work.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I really don't wanna wake up at 4am lol, but dam it'd be a good opportunity. Hopefully there'll be less than 2,000 people watching the stream, needs all the chances I can get :P

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Was about to freak out that I'd JUST miss the stream that day because of school but then I blew a sigh of relief because I realized there was no school this Thursday. Thank you! :D

1. What is Intel's stance on custom sockets like Asus's OC Socket?

Does Intel Approve of this and will custom sockets come to mainstream platform?

Why are there pins in the socket that aren't used?

2. Why did Intel's decrease the amount of PCI-E lanes on the 5820k to 28 when performance really isn't the issue as previous gen Ivy Bridge E 6 Core 4930k can handle 40 lanes?

Do the disabled lanes contribute to the lower cost in anyway or is just use case/price segmentation?

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Calling off work on this one...

A question then: How does Intel do research on the science side of making the incredibly tiny work? Is there a team of Intel scientists or do you lease out to other companies?