What Cooler?

GymothyCharles

Hey all!

I am planning to get a gtx 970 and am torn between the Twin Frozr V card or the Windforce V1 card. I plan to OC, have a red system, and an MSI Z97M board in a corsair obsidian 350d case. Im sure the case will fit the 3 fan windforce card, but im not sure. Im also not sure if since I have an MSI mobo if the twin frozr card will be more compatable. Also, what is the best gfx card oc program, and what procedure should I go through to OC my card? Any videos would be appreciated, preferably a LinusTechTips video.

Thank you for ypur time.

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

Arent the strix cards more expensive? I agree they look badass but...?

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

Arent the strix cards more expensive? I agree they look badass but...?

Not really they are like 10 bucks more than the EVGA but the Asus comes with a sexy ass backplate. That alone is worth more than 10 bucks.

Dont all the 970s come with a backplate though? I know the Windforce does.

Im sure the case will fit the 3 fan windforce card, but im not sure. 

+_e1a29134c8850ef457eb31d1ed97d931.gif

Both would fit. Brand doesn't affect compatibility. Pick whichever looks better to you or whichever is cheaper. The Twin Frozr cooler is quieter but the Windforce cools better. I'd suggest using Msi Afterburner. 

As for oc'ing: 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@WoodenMarker yeah I kinda gave my grammar the middle finger there. Sorry Grammar

Okay, im getting the Windforce card. My only question is, can you turn off the led on the windforce logo? Not a big deal if no.