Need help transferring photos from Camera to Computer

So my mom bought a camera just to take pictures at our party and then return to the store.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_elph_340_hs

That's the camera we got, but now I'm having problems getting the pictures from the camera to my computer.

I've tried everything in the manual and read online but I can't figure it out.

I downloaded the software and made an account for image gateway but neither methods are working. 

The camera isn't connecting to my router, keeps saying the password is incorrect.

And my computer doesn't want to install the wifi connection settings from the Canon software download. 

It keeps saying it can't proceed because Windows Media Feature Pack is not installed.

I've been troubleshooting for about 3hr now.

I want to just buy an SD memory card reader and hook up the USB to my computer.

Is that a possible option? Will I be able to just copy and paste the pictures onto my computer that way?

Or am I forced to use the wifi method equipped with the camera?

Any help would be great thanks!

http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/wireless/camera/PS-Sending-images-to-a-computer-Wi-Fi-function.pdf is the guide I'm following but I get stuck on page 8 when I click yes I get the error and "windows media feature pack is not installed" message

Why don't you just plug it in directly to the computer. That's the fastest and easiest method of doing it.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Why don't you just plug it in directly to the computer. That's the fastest and easiest method of doing it.

Because APPARENTLY the camera doesn't have any way to plug directly into the computer. My old camera did and I could copy pictures in 2 seconds but this one doesn't. The only way it says is through wifi. That's why i was wondering if the SD memory card reader option would work.

Because APPARENTLY the camera doesn't have any way to plug directly into the computer. My old camera did and I could copy pictures in 2 seconds but this one doesn't. The only way it says is through wifi. That's why i was wondering if the SD memory card reader option would work.

oh ok. Yeah get a card reader and do it that way. That would be the next best option for you to try.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

OMG WAIT I FOUND SOMETHING ON THE SIDE THAT OPENS UP, OMG IM STUPID, I HAD TO FLIP THIS LITTLE LATCH AND I SEE A PLUG.

OMG WAIT I FOUND SOMETHING ON THE SIDE THAT OPENS UP, OMG IM STUPID, I HAD TO FLIP THIS LITTLE LATCH AND I SEE A PLUG.

<3

congratulations hun!

Hail Sithis!