where can i cut down some price in the build?

1832vin

i don't game, but i want an IPS which is bigger, i don't mind korean panels, but needs to last

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/4jZ7Mp

i have extra 10 pounds to spare. yeah, i can borrow the money for the shipping (but i'd really rather not borrow, he asks for intersts)

need it for 3d modeling and raytracing (the SLI as main driver for graphics render) and CPU+RAM of the modeling

buying it at the end of october if you can find something like (massdrop? couldn't find any there though)

Well, you don't really need the fans; you can add them later and unlesss you are overclocking, you could go with a cheaper cooler.

Compatible with Windows 95

Case fans?1 for side to blow cold air on the gpu one for the rear to take out the hold air.I assume the case will come with at least 1 fans

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Go with the stock CPU fan till you get extra cash. Buy only one Video Card till you have enough for the second to SLI, this way you'll appreciate the upgrade or realize its not worth it but at least you didn't pay full price.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

i don't game, but i want an IPS which is bigger, i don't mind korean panels, but needs to last

i have extra 10 pounds to spare. yeah, i can borrow the money for the shipping (but i'd really rather not borrow, he asks for intersts)

need it for 3d modeling and raytracing (the SLI as main driver for graphics render) and CPU+RAM of the modeling

buying it at the end of october if you can find something like (massdrop? couldn't find any there though)

Drop the fans, but you should really look at getting a bigger psu, 980's are better on power but 2 of them and a 5820k just seems like too much for a 650w I would suggest around 750-800 watt for that set up

OAS || AAS || LLS

Go with the stock CPU fan till you get extra cash. Buy only one Video Card till you have enough for the second to SLI, this way you'll appreciate the upgrade or realize its not worth it but at least you didn't pay full price.

LGA 2011-3 doesnt come with a stock cooler.

OP, go with Z97. X99 isn't a budget option

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Why 2 980s if you dont game?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I would get a cheaper cpu cooler and maybe buy the fans later on. Or wait to get the second 980.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Why 2 980s if you dont game?

i need it for quda accelerated programs

I would get a cheaper cpu cooler and maybe buy the fans later on. Or wait to get the second 980.

because it would half the rendering time, cutting down from 18 hours to 9 hours is an incredble feat!

What software are you using?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

i need it for quda accelerated programs

because it would half the rendering time, cutting down from 18 hours to 9 hours is an incredble feat!

Yeah. i totally get it, but if you can't afford it than you can't afford it. you're going to have to sacrifice something. ;)

I would try getting a cheaper cpu cooler and no fans. :)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

It's $1.84 less Totaling $2358.02 (£1717.47) and It has a more powerful PSU (Those gpu's and that cpu take a lot more power than a 650) And the fans are very good as well, I have them in my case and they work very well. CPU Cooler is good if you want to overclock or keep it very cool so I left it and I replaced the Western Digital with a Seagate Barracuda because it's $10 less. I went with the little things because with this current build if you want it to function well then you want adequate parts.

Here's the link to the stuff I picked out: US Version: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BnLNsY

UK Version: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/BnLNsY

Correction: It's actually a £70 difference for you.

Addition: You can choose which ever fans you prefer, they are both about the same price range, I just prefer the ones I chose because I have them.

Edited by MtrCat

Do you really need the X99 chipset? Otherwise switch it out and get some new stuff

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Do you really need the X99 chipset? Otherwise switch it out and get some new stuff

I would think he wants it because of the DDR4 ram. I didn't mess with that because he needs a 99 mobo to be able to use DDR4.

... (Those gpu's and that cpu take a lot more power than a 650)...

GTX 980 TDP is 165W, 85W less than the GTX 780 Ti. 650W is sufficient for two GTX 980. Although something a little larger would make sense when overclocking.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

GTX 980 TDP is 165W, 85W less than the GTX 780 Ti. 650W is sufficient for two GTX 980. Although something a little larger would make sense when overclocking.

I heard they were more power efficient but I didn't know they were that much better. But I would still go with a 850w PSU.