How much wattage for this build?

OllieBarrie

Can anyone say how much wattage I would need for this build?

The CPU will be OC'd to 4.6Ghz.

Thanks

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gwY7Mp

Upcoming build: 4790k OC @ 4.6Ghz, Dual MSI 980 Twin Frozr V, 16 GB Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz RAM, 760T Corsair Case w/ Razer Blackwidow Chroma 

650w+ (ideally 750w+)

for two-way SLI 850w+ is usually ideal as it leaves you a bit of headroom, but with the 900 series and their high efficiency, 750w is enough. However, will future gpus be as efficient? maybe...maybe not.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

the rig will consume about 600W, so 750W should be a nice sweetspot

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Thanks

You sure on the peripherals? Razer have quite a bad reputation ....

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

650w+ (ideally 750w+)

for two-way SLI 850w+ is usually ideal as it leaves you a bit of headroom, but with the 900 series and their high efficiency, 750w is enough. However, will future gpus be as efficient? maybe...maybe not.

the rig will consume about 600W, so 750W should be a nice sweetspot

Thanks. Will the RM750W from Corsair be adequate? And also, how easy it is to replace a PSU, in case in the future I would need more power?

Upcoming build: 4790k OC @ 4.6Ghz, Dual MSI 980 Twin Frozr V, 16 GB Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz RAM, 760T Corsair Case w/ Razer Blackwidow Chroma 

You sure on the peripherals? Razer have quite a bad reputation ....

Yes. Linus gave the Blackwidow keyboard a really good review and the same with the mouse, I will most likely get the Chroma version of the keyboard and Linus said the keys are very close to Cherry MX Blues.

Thanks. Will the RM750W from Corsair be adequate? And also, how easy it is to replace a PSU, in case in the future I would need more power?

You unplug all the wires and rewire the new ones. Done. Esay. The hardest part is re-cable managing. 

Get the EVGA G2-750w. It's cheaper and better than the RM750. 

Yes. Linus gave the Blackwidow keyboard a really good review and the same with the mouse, I will most likely get the Chroma version of the keyboard and Linus said the keys are very close to Cherry MX Blues.

Yes, but Razer products have a tendency to crap out over time -- something Linus can't really test. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

This seems to be the forum fav for a 750w PSU atm http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017 And no different than replacing any other part. Unconnect cables, remove box, put new box in place, reconnect cables.

You unplug all the wires and rewire the new ones. Done. Esay. The hardest part is re-cable managing. 

YOU SNIPED ME
Edited by Mooshi

the Corsair RM750 is a really good choice here. Also removing a powersupply is as easy as it sounds: unplugging the power cables, uncrewing the 4 psu screws

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

the Corsair RM750 is a really good choice here. Also removing a powersupply is as easy as it sounds: unplugging the power cables, uncrewing the 4 psu screws

Fair enough haha. I thought that sounded too easy.

Yes, but Razer products have a tendency to crap out over time -- something Linus can't really test. 

Razer products also have positive reviews on Amazon in which people have had them for months.

Razer products also have positive reviews on Amazon in which people have had them for months.

So buy it then. Just don't be surprised if it craps out on you. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

So buy it then. Just don't be surprised if it craps out on you. 

There's not many other options in the UK, tbh. Ducky Shine 3 isn't available here, Corsair products are on the minimum and there's some weird off-brand mechanical keyboards which look far more likely to crap out.

650 or 750 and get a 80+ gold either semi modular or fully modular 

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

650 or 750 and get a 80+ gold either semi modular or fully modular 

Thanks.

Thanks.

your welcome

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Thanks

Corsair 860i would be the ideal choice for this build as it gives you room for upgrades in the future. 

It would also match ur build perfectly color wise since it has the red AX letters on the front sticker - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139041

The other guys here are giving you recommendations with a "budget" and "best bang for the buck" in mind and based on your build it is clear that you're going all out so I'd say the 860i is by far your best option not to mention it  also has a Platinum rating. 

edit: I also highly recommend these extensions if you want your build to look amazing - http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g2/c587/list/p1/Cables-ModSmart_Kobra_MAX_Cables.html  http://i.imgur.com/bhM50mS.jpg

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

BOOB

I would honestly suggest the new g710 (with cherry mx blues) coming out soon, it should be slightly more expensive than the blackwidow and hell yeah does it last a long time and feel sturdy (i have a g710+ and i am giving you my personal experience). I had friends who had blackwidows crapping out on them... But the choice really is up to you :)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Corsair 860i would be the ideal choice for this build as it gives you room for upgrades in the future. 

It would also match ur build perfectly color wise since it has the red AX letters on the front sticker - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139041

The other guys here are giving you recommendations with a "budget" and "best bang for the buck" in mind and based on your build it is clear that you're going all out so I'd say the 860i is by far your best option not to mention it  also has a Platinum rating. 

edit: I also highly recommend these extensions if you want your build to look amazing - http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g2/c587/list/p1/Cables-ModSmart_Kobra_MAX_Cables.html  http://i.imgur.com/bhM50mS.jpg

Great. Thank you for all those suggestions and yeah, definitely going all out haha :)

I would honestly suggest the new g710 (with cherry mx blues) coming out soon, it should be slightly more expensive than the blackwidow and hell yeah does it last a long time and feel sturdy (i have a g710+ and i am giving you my personal experience). I had friends who had blackwidows crapping out on them... But the choice really is up to you :)

Thanks.