Recording/Streaming + gaming build?

Going to build a new computer before christmas and im not sure if I want to stay with the more expensive brand (intel) or change to AMD. Havent had an AMD processor since maybe 8-10 years ago.

I am mainly going to use it for gaming but I will be recording or streaming aswell and want to be able to do both with great quality outcome (high framerate etc).

What do you guys suggest? AMD or Intel?

\\Vinni

Hi, what is your budget? Do you need any peripherals, monitor?

Intel would be best option if you have budget for it.

i've been on amd for the past 3yrs and am about to switch to intel and a lot of people on here are telling to get the e3 1231v3 xeon from intel since i want to stream, edit, and game so i guess i would recommend that with a z97/h97 motherboard 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

budget?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I am ordering new harddrives later this week and got an SSD already. So that wont be necesarry. But I need GPU (Considering the new 900 series from geforce), cpu, motherboard and ram.

Well, not really a budget but nothing crazy. Wont be overclocking nor doing any dual+ GPU's.

This is my current build (Will basically be a upgrade project with almost everything being swapped :P)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black

CPU: Intel i5 2550K 3.4Ghz

GPU: GeForce 680 2gb Windforce

Memory: Crucial 4x4gb 1600Mhz

Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Gene 1155

Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W

My powersupply is still going strong (aint modular tho, but it's old :P) my Case are without 2nd HDD rack, so should be able to fit just about any GPU.

I want to change motherboard, gpu, cpu and ram.

i've been on amd for the past 3yrs and am about to switch to intel and a lot of people on here are telling to get the e3 1231v3 xeon from intel since i want to stream, edit, and game so i guess i would recommend that with a z97/h97 motherboard

Actually the Core i5 4670k / i7 4790k tend to be better at gaming than the Xeon (I have one myself). You can also overclock those which you can't do with the Xeon.

For streaming/rendering, the extra cores of the Xeon might come in handy.

I'll be honest. I wont be overclocking. Not yet at least :P Dont got time for all the testing etc :P (No one close to where I live who can do it for me either)

You could have a look if you can pick up a used 3770(K) cheap somewhere. There's honestly not that much difference between that and the 4770(k)/4790(k)and it's still a 3.4GHz quad core with Hyperthreading.

Your motherboard might need a bios update to support it though.

I recommend an AMD processor with very high speed and at least 6-cores. Also, don't get just one SSD, get 2 and RAID 0 them(don't worry, it's very easy to do). This will allow your video to stream with as few stutters in you video as possible. Also, don't just run off of one SSD raid. You need to have a second storage source for your games. I recommend getting a low SSD raid for your programs for recording and streaming and put your OS on. Then at least a 7200 RPM hard drive, or a second SSD raid is fine. Just remember that a RAID 0 isn't 100% reliable. For your graphics, get a card with decent clock speed, and at least 2GB of RAM. That's pretty much all you need to know about a streaming rig.

Definition of programmer: someone who can consume copious amounts of caffeine; and crap out a master piece through their fingers

Another "moviemaker" has this stock setup:

CPU: FX 8350 | 4.0GHz | 8Core (AMD)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 (ASUS)
MB: Sabertooth R2.0 (ASUS)
RAM: 16Go (Corsair)
SSD: 120Go (Samsung)
HDD: 2To (Seagate)

And he makes 60fps super smooth videos. (You can see a preview here: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=242308)
Also really tempted to try out AMD again as I already mentioned. So I am considering buy this:

CPU: FX 9370 4,4GHz 8Core + Corsair H100i Cooler
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z Republic
Ram: 4x4gb Kingston HyperX FURY 1866MHz
HDD:
 Boot: Samsung 840 250gb
 Saving: WD Black 1TB
 Recording: WD Black 1TB

thoughts?

Also, don't get just one SSD, get 2 and RAID 0 them(don't worry, it's very easy to do). This will allow your video to stream with as few stutters in you video as possible.

^ Considering getting one more 250gb Samsung SSD. Really satisfied with the one I already have!

Why 2x @ RAID 0? Got a link or a guide for me to understand "why?" :P

Hmmmmm, I've heard the AMD octa-cores are good for streaming, but when it comes to video rendering you'll really want an Intel as they have much, much stronger cores. Tbh, like I've said before you only really need to upgrade the CPU and you'll honestly be more than fine. Similar/better performance than the AMD and probably cheaper as well, considering you don't need a new motherboard. Could also have a look at the Xeon 1230 V2, which is Socket 1155 iirc.

All CPUs make 60 fps super smooth videos, it's just that on a lower end CPU it'll take many times longer than on an i7, but in the end they all get there. Also, for the Intels you really don't need an H100i if you're not overclocking and the trusty old CM Hyper 212 Evo will be more than fine (and lots cheaper).

For gaming, anything over an i5 doesn't really matter as most current games are not even designed to use more than 4 cores, so solely for gaming Hyperthreading would be a waste and you'd really want a strong quad core over a 'decent' octa-core.

Another "moviemaker" has this stock setup:

CPU: FX 8350 | 4.0GHz | 8Core (AMD)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 (ASUS)
MB: Sabertooth R2.0 (ASUS)
RAM: 16Go (Corsair)
SSD: 120Go (Samsung)
HDD: 2To (Seagate)

And he makes 60fps super smooth videos. (You can see a preview here: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=242308)
Also really tempted to try out AMD again as I already mentioned. So I am considering buy this:

CPU: FX 9370 4,4GHz 8Core + Corsair H100i Cooler
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z Republic
Ram: 4x4gb Kingston HyperX FURY 1866MHz
HDD:
 Boot: Samsung 840 250gb
 Saving: WD Black 1TB
 Recording: WD Black 1TB

thoughts?

^ Considering getting one more 250gb Samsung SSD. Really satisfied with the one I already have!

Why 2x @ RAID 0? Got a link or a guide for me to understand "why?" :P

No need for this you're current build has a GTX 680 which has shadowplay support which allows you to stream & record using the GPU while not stressing the CPU i also tested Raptr which is an option for AMD users which also can be used by Nvidia users it also does pretty much the same things as shadowplay  not stressing the CPU no need for a new build or especially a FX 8 core CPU i stream & record with Nvidia Shadow play with a GTX 760 & a 4 core I5 4670K you are good just use 1 of those two apps 

Quality I want on recording are 60-120fps full-sized (smooth slow-mo's) and streaming in 60fps 1080p.

So. You think my current build with for example an Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core + maybe a new GPU should be able to deal with w/e I throw at it?

Quality I want on recording are 60-120fps full-sized (smooth slow-mo's) and streaming in 60fps 1080p.

So. You think my current build with for example an Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core + maybe a new GPU should be able to deal with w/e I throw at it?

here a video i recorded using shadowplay you can even see my FPS at the top 

What's your hardware setup?

a GTX 760 which is not as powerful as a 680 & a I5 4670K 8GB of ram 1600mhz follow the newegg link for the complete build you are fine you don't need to upgrade both raptr & Nvidia shadowplay make streaming & recording easy & no impact on you're CPU 

What's your hardware setup?

i would just get a 2600k,2700k or 3770k and overclock it. if you were just gaming then the i5 would be fine, but because you are streaming, the i7 will help. there isn't much point getting a new motherboard, as your current one is very nice anyway.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Okey, but as I already mentioned. I have no experience and no one close to where I live nor that I know of that knows how to overclock... 2 monitors atm with all settings on low @CSGO I have everything from 60-160fps (sometimes it freaks out, mainly because of google chrome)

Okey, but as I already mentioned. I have no experience and no one close to where I live nor that I know of that knows how to overclock... 2 monitors atm with all settings on low @CSGO I have everything from 60-160fps (sometimes it freaks out, mainly because of google chrome)

with a GTX 680 you can stream fine using shadowplay or raptr no need for a 3770K i stream with a core i5 4670K a 4 core wihout hyper threads you are good 

60fps 1080p without any lag issues? Highly doubt it.

Cant stream 1080p through Shadowplay. Also, it's very straight-forward way to stream with little settings to play around with. Atm my mic dont even works on the stream but the quality on the stream is fine. My FPS drops sad tho :'/

Cant stream 1080p through Shadowplay. Also, it's very straight-forward way to stream with little settings to play around with. Atm my mic dont even works on the stream but the quality on the stream is fine. My FPS drops sad tho :'/

no but raptr you can Nvidia is still working on shadowplay it is easy to use shadowplay setup a hot key after switching to streaming option then log in to twitch i streamed 60FPS before while playing a fighting game online i would notice a drop in frames while streaming & there wasn't with shadowplay both a easy to use especially shadowplay 

I have good quality and dont drop frames etc with OBS now. But I have issues streaming while having Chrome open. New CPU is the answer?

Or you could just buy a cap card? Wouldnt this solve the issue?

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!