DmC: Devil May Cry crashing

Juggernautilus

Hi, so I recently bought the DmC remake on steam even though it has a lot of negative feedback, I love it. But I have a problem that the game crashes at random points of the game. I can be in combat, cutscenes or just walking in a level. The game runs flawlessly on the highest settings so I don't think that not enough power is an issue. You can see my PC specs in the signature, I am also using an ACME Dualshock controller with x360ce emulator. 

What could be the possible problem?

I have tried Windows 7 and Windows XP SP3 comp. mode, but it didn't change anything either.

When you say it crashes, does it just crash back to desktop? Black screen? BSOD? Dancing Bill Gates doing a conga line across your screen?

Also, have you got your PC at stock speeds?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

When you say it crashes, does it just crash back to desktop? Black screen? BSOD? Dancing Bill Gates doing a conga line across your screen?

Also, have you got your PC at stock speeds?

It just freezes and I can't alt tab to other programs or even open task manager. All I can do is open Windows 8 start menu and log out and press cancel when it asks. And yes stocks speeds because I thought H81 unlocked overclocking and my GPU is already factory clocked.