Painting G710+

MrTT

Hi, I am wondering what kind of paint a first time PC modder should use when painting parts.

Other tips would also be nice. :)

For painting computer parts PlastiDip is often used because it's non-conductive and removeable. For something you touch often though you'll want something more durable. Use a good primer, and apply light coats of lacquer in the colour you like. I'll be honest though, I wouldn't do that to my keyboard.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I think there is a way to take off the orange piece.

Someone did it on some forum. I can't remember.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

I think there is a way to take off the orange piece.

Someone did it on some forum. I can't remember.

Hi, I am wondering what kind of paint a first time PC modder should use when painting parts.

Other tips would also be nice. :)

If you spray plasti-dip on heavy but not so much it will have runs in it, it'll will give a smooth texture, you can also use paint thinner to smooth it back out afterwards but it will give it a glossy finish instead of matte. Also it's probably not a good idea to plasti-dip a keyboard since it tends to absorb or catch dirt not to mention it lacks some abrasion resistance compared to paint. If you do plan to paint it I definitely recommend to clear coat it in a matte finish to protect the paint.