Static/Beeping sound from audio (New PC Build)

Hello Guys,

I have a new rig that I put together for media/general backup to my pc if something were to crash. The problem is that no matter what I try I am getting a constant static & beeping coming from audio. 

System specs:

CPU: AMD A10-5800k (Stock Cooler for now)

MoBo: F2A88XN-WiFi

Memory: 8gb (2x 4gb sticks)

HDD: WD Blue 500gb

PSU: Corsair cx 500w

Case: Corsair air 540 (temporary, i have a node 304 on order)

These are the things I have tested/tried so far:

All the audio drivers are up to date and i have also tried to roll them back ( just to see)

Tried different types of audio speakers. (even tried plugging it to my main rig via line in)

Tried a different PSU.

Tried a different HDD

Tried Different Ram

Made sure all the wires are not over are on something that would cause feedback.

Most properly interference from a phone or a wireless device.

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

Tanks for the response.

I don't have any phones in the house other than Me and my Wife's cell pones. One other thing to note is that when I move the mouse it distorts the sound. I have tried another keyboard and mouse also and still have the same outcome.

what type of mouse? wireless etc ?

Is the black plate shielding on? a silver thing that plops onto the mb where all the usbs and things at the back go.

I still think it is some type of interference.

Tanks for the response.

I don't have any phones in the house other than Me and my Wife's cell pones. One other thing to note is that when I move the mouse it distorts the sound. I have tried another keyboard and mouse also and still have the same outcome.

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

disable the lan in the bios and see if the noise is still there 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

what type of mouse? wireless etc ?

Is the black plate shielding on? a silver thing that plops onto the mb where all the usbs and things at the back go.

I still think it is some type of interference.

Tried wireless and hardwire.

Yes, the I/O plate is installed. lol 

Yes, I Think it is interference also. so, I took it into a different room and the static is still there. So, now I am leaning to it being interference within the components.

disable the lan in the bios and see if the noise is still there 

Disabled and no change. 

Note: I am connected to via the wireless built into the board.

have you tried disabling the wired and wireless chip? i had this problem on one of my old MB's an turning off the lan got rid of it 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

Disabled all network Connections via bios and still in a sea of static.  :(

I am on my way out the door, when I get home tonight I will take everything out the case and hook it up on a test bench and see if it may be bad grounding on the case itself.

what kind of beep ? is it like a sine wave ? 1khz wave ?.

Interference usually is white noise at different amplitude and you would hear something else with it, like radio or some kind of communication.

Ground Loup/Noise is a sine wave @ 60hz.

when you mean : comming from audio , what is it ? when you check your playback devices you always see a static volume output? do you have a secondary output that you could use , like S/PDIF or TosLink out into a home theatre amp for exemple ? I must not be on the same DA chip otherwise you might have the same problem.

The problem is that no matter what I try I am getting a constant static & beeping coming from audio. 

The noise you are hearing is simply EMI, there is not a lot you can do about this except trying different plug (Are you using the front-panel audio plug? The backpanel should reduce it a bit, but not by much.) 

You may want to check if your PC's power plug has a proper mains Earth connection. Having a properly earthed system helps tons with EMI.

If that does not help, all I can recommend is to change the motherboard for something that has better component placement, EMI shielding and noise filtering or get an external/separate DAC.

You are probably using a came-in-the-box 3.5mm connector for your speaker. These wire are horrible and can capture signal easily like your local radio broadcast. One way to prevent this is to insulate the wire or buy better 3.5mm wire.

what kind of beep ? is it like a sine wave ? 1khz wave ?.

Interference usually is white noise at different amplitude and you would hear something else with it, like radio or some kind of communication.

Ground Loup/Noise is a sine wave @ 60hz.

when you mean : comming from audio , what is it ? when you check your playback devices you always see a static volume output? do you have a secondary output that you could use , like S/PDIF or TosLink out into a home theatre amp for exemple ? I must not be on the same DA chip otherwise you might have the same problem.

It is not a 1khz or 60hz type sound. it is a constant cracking/static with a random light low tone beep.

By "coming from audio" i mean no matter what device i plug in, the sound is still present. (sorry should have made that clear)

You are probably using a came-in-the-box 3.5mm connector for your speaker. These wire are horrible and can capture signal easily like your local radio broadcast. One way to prevent this is to insulate the wire or buy better 3.5mm wire.

i am not sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about my wire and jack on my headphone and speakers?

Quick Question, Did you connect up the front panel audio on board? 

if you did have u used the correct connection, like AC97 for AC97 HD-audio for HD audio

if you haven't used the right plug this could be causing the issue. 

other than that it sounds like more hte sound hardware than the pc, have you tried just plugging your phones headphones direct into the Green Jack socket on the back and seeing if the issue prevails? 

also you could just have windows volume up to loud and its blowing slightly - sounds stupid i know but try turning the pc down and then the independant volume of the speakers up? 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

i am not sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about my wire and jack on my headphone and speakers?

I meant the front audio panel connector to your mobo is commonly poorly unprotected cable that is subject to noise from all the electronics in the case and around your area.

You can try connecting your wire to the rear than the front port. If not, then you can buy electrical tape to add another layer of protection to the cable

edit: i should have call it front panel connector instead of 3.5mm wire

It is not a 1khz or 60hz type sound. it is a constant cracking/static with a random light low tone beep.

is there a way that you could record that sound?

at this point I would change the board, honestly Even a high end board is not worth all this trouble.

I have a similar problem, but it gets caused from the LED driver in my corsair keyboard. If I turn the backlight off, static stops.

Maybe it is something similar for you?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

sorry, been busy guys.

So, what I did was take everything out the case and set it all up outside the case and... no more static. It seems to be something with the case. After doing some searching the case seems to suffer from some bad grounding or something. I have read reports that people even clam that if their pc is running, putting an object such as a notebook with a metal spine on top of the case will short the pc and make it restart.

As I said This was just a temp case until the one I ordered comes in. That is if TigerDirect will get off their butts and ship it. After I have everything in the new case I will update with the outcome.

sorry, been busy guys.

So, what I did was take everything out the case and set it all up outside the case and... no more static. It seems to be something with the case. After doing some searching the case seems to suffer from some bad grounding or something. I have read reports that people even clam that if their pc is running, putting an object such as a notebook with a metal spine on top of the case will short the pc and make it restart.

As I said This was just a temp case until the one I ordered comes in. That is if TigerDirect will get off their butts and ship it. After I have everything in the new case I will update with the outcome.

It sounds to me as if your wall socket isn't grounded (earthed) properly. Try measuring the voltage across the neutral and ground connector on the wall outlet with a volt meter. Then measure the voltage from the hot side to ground.

You may be surprised to figure out that you can have a false ground, a floating ground, or a case when a lazy contractor used the neutral connector as a ground return.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

sorry, been busy guys.

As I stated above:

"You may want to check if your PC's power plug has a proper mains Earth connection. Having a properly earthed system helps tons with EMI."

Cases get their Earth connection through your PSU. So, if your current case is not grounded right, neither will your next case be. (Ruling out problems with the combo like bad contact etc) The case is therefore not the problem; your mains Earth connection is.

I'm glad we know it's earthing now, makes looking for a solution easier!  :D

^Remided me of something.

While you are at it, measure the voltage from the ground plug on the wall socket to your case. If there is any voltage present, you have something leaking current to the ground.

This usually happens from faulty PSUs.

I think we can rule out it being a grounding issue at my home. The PC was worked on at two different locations over the time I have been testing it. It has also been tested with 2 different PSUs. I have some old parts hanging around, when I have time I think I will stick them in this case and see if it has any issues.

It seems that the Fractal Design Node 304 White case that I ordered is out of stock everywhere :(    god knows how long it will be before I get it in. Will update with findings. Thank you all for the help.