The Lizard Squad is back!Took down Destiny and COD Ghosts servers.(and possibly The Escapist forums)

Nineshadow

The hacking group known as the Lizard Squad has apparently been up to their old shenanigans, bombarding and sending denial of service attacks to Destiny and Call of Duty: Ghosts servers. 

nee39s.jpg

LizardSquad is claiming responsibility for sporadic DDOS attacks on both Destiny and Call of Duty: Ghosts. Players are slowly being kicked, with the error message of “Cattle.”

Players are unable to login past “Signing in,” upon which they receive the error.

Reddit users are reporting similar occurrences as LizardSquad tweets responsibility for the attacks. You may remember LizardSquad from the PSN outage earlier in August, and it looks like they’re up to no good once more.

Also, it appears as though there is another DDOS having been launched against The Escapist’s forums. It’s unclear whether or not these incidents are related at this time.

SOURCE

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dun dun dun.

What was the point of this anyway?

This happened yesterday btw.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The level of stupidity amongst these individuals is unsurpassed.

I don't get what their goal is here - they garner attention, but not the type of attention that nets them supporters, like they apparently so desperately need.... it's somewhat reminiscent of PETA... they do more harm than good for their cause.

and... Ghosts servers? Really? Why even bother? they're basically capable of taking themselves down that game is so bad.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

noobs...

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Please, whichever country they're in, that government needs to SWAT them and throw their dumb asses in jail.

Altough i don't condone their actions, i have to give them my respect because it is pretty cool they can do that. I imagen they need some heavy equipment to do that. Or a giant bot-net :P 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Altough i don't condone their actions, i have to give them my respect because it is pretty cool they can do that. I imagen they need some heavy equipment to do that. Or a giant bot-net :P

in otherwords a bunch of moronic shutins sitting in their parents basements pressing the ddos button on their little script really this is the first organic bot-net.

DDOS'ing is a basic-level attack, incredibly simple to do, VERY slightly less so when companies have safeguards in place. It's about as impressive as locating the power button on your tower.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Just arrest them, if shit they do isn't against the law make it against the law and arrest them.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird