Best SSD for gaiming ?

keycolony

What is the best SSD i could get i want to install windows on it and my games should load as fast as possible, price dos not matter :D

Samsung 840 series

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Samsung 840 series

Agreed, I have an 840 series and I installed battlefield on it. I'm always the first one to load into the game.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

The difference between them is too small to notice, just go with the biggest capacity so you can fit all your games! :)

Samsung 840 EVO 1TB. Anything lower and you'll run out of space to quickly.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

SSDs dont affect fps, you can get a normal hard-drive and it will perform the same. The only difference might be loading times. Just get a high capacity one if you want to put games on it.

Oh and get 850 series

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

I would just get a Samsung 840 EVO, but the difference in games performance will not be very noticeable.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

@keycolony SanDisk Extreme Pro or Samsung 850 Pro. Both of these come in high capacity and insanely high speeds for fast loading of games and textures.

I'm the only one would prefer the sp900 instead of the 840 evo?

But just get the cheapest ssd with the biggest storage, might read/write speeds not be fast as the 840 evo and the sp900 but it's faster than a hdd. 

Samsung 840 series

nope

If price doesnt matter than an Intel 730 would be best

nope, its not

Samsung 840 EVO 1TB. Anything lower and you'll run out of space to quickly.

EVO is on the shitlist, http://www.anandtech.com/show/8550/samsung-acknowledges-the-ssd-840-evo-read-performance-bug-fix-is-on-the-way#comments

I would just get a Samsung 840 EVO, but the difference in games performance will not be very noticeable.

Read above ^^

I'm the only one would prefer the sp900 instead of the 840 evo?

But just get the cheapest ssd with the biggest storage, might read/write speeds not be fast as the 840 evo and the sp900 but it's faster than a hdd. 

Yeah, but sp900 is garbage, because sandforce.

@OP

Either get 850PRO (if money isn't the issue) or mx100 (if you wan't best value for money).

Both drives are plenty fast and there will be _no_ differences in games between these two. So i would suggest getting twice the storage with mx100 rather than going 850PRO route.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

nope

nope, its not

EVO is on the shitlist, http://www.anandtech.com/show/8550/samsung-acknowledges-the-ssd-840-evo-read-performance-bug-fix-is-on-the-way#comments

Read above ^^

@OP

Either get 850PRO (if money isn't the issue) or mx100 (if you wan't best value for money).

Both drives are plenty fast and there will be _no_ differences in games between these two. So i would suggest getting twice the storage with mx100 rather than going 850PRO route.

(Imo) I prefer the sp900 instead over the 840 evo, i know the 840 evo has some problems but none on the sp900

nope

nope, its not

Read above ^^

@OP

Arent you just a fucking SSD expect (not). 

Arent you just a fucking SSD expect (not). 

Look at the benchmarks. Competition destroys Intel 730 in pretty much every aspect. And with 850pro, it molests it endurace wise aswell. So intel 730 is a mediocre drive with hefty price tag and fancy skull sticker.

(Imo) I prefer the sp900 instead over the 840 evo, i know the 840 evo has some problems but none on the sp900

Its still a sandforce drive, so there are still chances you can get bsods. Also sp900 had also some issues due to lower overprovisioning set by adata.

Unless its noticably cheaper than everything else, its not worth buying.

Look at the benchmarks. Competition destroys Intel 730 in pretty much every aspect. And with 850pro, it molests it endurace wise aswell. So intel 730 is a mediocre drive with hefty price tag and fancy skull sticker.

Aren't we looking at a gamer here, not a storage enthusiast? 

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Aren't we looking at a gamer here, not a storage enthusiast? 

Doesn't really matter. Fact is, that 730 is not worth buying (never really was) neither is the fastest thing around.

And since he doesn't need absolute speed, its more sensible to buy a bigger ssd, thats a bit slower (so he can fit more games on it) than smaller faster drive.

Doesn't really matter. Fact is, that 730 is not worth buying (never really was) neither is the fastest thing around.

And since he doesn't need absolute speed, its more sensible to buy a bigger ssd, thats a bit slower (so he can fit more games on it) than smaller faster drive.

My meaning was, if price REALLY doesn't matter so much why wouldn't you go for a PCIe SSD instead of a SATA one if reliability, lifespan and such are in the equation.

My meaning was, if price REALLY doesn't matter so much why wouldn't you go for a PCIe SSD instead of a SATA one if reliability, lifespan and such are in the equation.

It would be great to know what "price does not matter" actually means. You can easily fork 150k$+ for a fusion-io drive (pretty much the best you can get) but i dont think OP wants to go that high.

Any crucial one, go mx100 or m550. And remember size does matter!

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

@hojnikb you're clearly missing my main advantage to Intel SSDs

You're right. But then again, you can always put that skull thingy on your non intel ssd aswell :)

You're right. But then again, you can always put that skull thingy on your non intel ssd aswell :)

Maybe you yourself should get properly informed before you start miss informing others

Maybe you yourself should get properly informed before you start miss informing others

So should you.

We already established, that is not the fastest drive around.

Its not cheap (actually its the most expensive consumer sata drive around)

Its power hungry

it doesnt have encryption

So really, what does have going for it apart from intel badge and skull sticker ?

Crucial MX100 series -> cheaper than Samsung, just as good.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!