Maximus VII Hero Good for 4k?

Go to solution Solved by Shroomster,

The motherboard does not matter at all. It supports SLI, which you will propably need for 4k, but it is fine.

Hey guys so i'm building a new computer and I've decided to go with the maximus VII hero and the i7 4790k i will also be getting the new gtx 980. I know 4K isn't the greatest option right now since the price isn't worth it right now, however I'd like to build my pc thinking of the future, so my question is, if I were to want to upgrade my rig to make it run 4k would my motherboard and CPU hold out ok? or do you guys have any better motherboard recommendations?

Hey guys so i'm building a new computer and I've decided to go with the maximus VII hero and the i7 4790k i will also be getting the new gtx 980. I know 4K isn't the greatest option right now since the price isn't worth it right now, however I'd like to build my pc thinking of the future, so my question is, if I were to want to upgrade my rig to make it run 4k would my motherboard and CPU hold out ok? or do you guys have any better motherboard recommendations?

Cpu will be fine, and a motherboard really doesnt make any difference whatsoever. But a single 980 can't do 4k gaming. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Cpu will be fine, and a motherboard really doesnt make any difference whatsoever. But a single 980 can't do 4k gaming. 

Thanks, yea i know thats just what I'm getting for now. I'll probably get another one in the future.