New to Steam

Orthodoctus

Since I built a gaming capable PC, I thought I should use it for gaming as well, given that a PS4 is more expensive (630 USD) here than a decent GPU (GTX 970 in mind, which will probably cost around 430 USD), but I'm not sure whether to wait for a Steam sale or just start buying games, and does the steam sale include the majority of games or just a few?

If you're wondering why do I want a PS4 while I have a capable PC, that is because I'm a trophy whore...  -_-  starting fresh on a new platform is heartbreaking.  :(

Thou shall not abuse thy monkey, thou shall not misuse thy monkey.

WELCOME TO THE MASTER RACE BROTHER. Buy games, buy them all. But wait for the sale :P

This one is more important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-giY_ewM0

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If something goes cheap, id buy it.

But if you want something to play that is free and really good. Id recommend TERA. Im streaming it right now (link in profile) if you want to take a look at it. Its fantastic and not pay 2 win!

http://tera.enmasse.com/

The big steam sale is the best time to buy games and that's way you buy steam cards(if they have them in your area) a week before the sale because they ran out in my area, only 100 dollar ones were on sale, 20 and 50 were sold out. 

You can buy games cheap on other sites as well just tell ne which games you are looking to buy so that i can search on the web and get you best deals for them...

I don't know of anyone that cares about steam achievements... though i'm sure there are a few out there.

The thing with steam: every game will be on sale at some point... but it's usually not until the day after you buy it... :P

99% of my library (194 games) wasn't bought at full price, they've been bought through steam itself (usually on sale), G2a, Gamers Gate, Good old Games, Greenman Gaming, and Humble Bundle.

In fact, there's only two games that were bought at full price, Borderlands 2, and Skyrim. Both were worth every penny.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

steam sales are the best, i got garrys mod for $2.50 and i'v logged over 130hrs in that game xD.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

steam sales are the best, i got garrys mod for $2.50 and i'v logged over 130hrs in that game xD.

well i got garrys mod for 3 dollars and i'd logged in for 8 minutes since the time i'd bought that game

well i got garrys mod for 3 dollars and i'd logged in for 8 minutes since the time i'd bought that game

lol, i think the game ratio is for every dollar you spend, its like 2 hrs of games play for the game to be worth it. in that case, i jave spent $.019 for every hour of game play, so basically a cent gets me 30 mins... lol

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

lol, i think the game ratio is for every dollar you spend, its like 2 hrs of games play for the game to be worth it. in that case, i jave spent $.019 for every hour of game play, so basically a cent gets me 30 mins... lol

i'm not being funny, i'm being serious, played it once and never liked it

post-109689-0-70832500-1411366003.jpg

Since I built a gaming capable PC, I thought I should use it for gaming as well, given that a PS4 is more expensive (630 USD) here than a decent GPU (GTX 970 in mind, which will probably cost around 430 USD), but I'm not sure whether to wait for a Steam sale or just start buying games, and does the steam sale include the majority of games or just a few?

If you're wondering why do I want a PS4 while I have a capable PC, that is because I'm a trophy whore...  -_-  starting fresh on a new platform is heartbreaking.  :(

Welcome to the real wolrd my friend!

Steam is amazing, I've bought quite some game recently that were in sales. Consoles are for faggies...

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Steam as some games sale everyday, every week and every weekend. Browse around and mark games you like to your wishlist. You get email notification when something goes on sale. Or you can use 3rd party site for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

WELCOME TO THE MASTER RACE BROTHER. Buy games, buy them all. But wait for the sale  :P

LOL! WTF! I'm scared now...

If something goes cheap, id buy it.

But if you want something to play that is free and really good. Id recommend TERA. Im streaming it right now (link in profile) if you want to take a look at it. Its fantastic and not pay 2 win!

http://tera.enmasse.com/

I'm currently killing time with what I have left to play on my PS3, and I've put some time into Path of Exile, which is decent enough.

The big steam sale is the best time to buy games and that's way buy steam cards(if they have them in your area) a week before the sale because they ran out in my area, only 100 dollar ones were on sale, 20 and 50 were sold out. 

Would a $20 card do for starters?

You can buy games cheap on other sites as well just tell ne which games you are looking to buy so that i can search on the web and get you best deals for them...

Thanks, but only Steam is available for me to purchase from at the moment (cards).

I don't know of anyone that cares about steam achievements... though i'm sure there are a few out there.

The thing with steam: every game will be on sale at some point... but it's usually not until the day after you buy it...  :P

99% of my library (194 games) wasn't bought at full price, they've been bought through steam itself (usually on sale), G2a, Gamers Gate, Good old Games, Greenman Gaming, and Humble Bundle.

In fact, there's only two games that were bought at full price, Borderlands 2, and Skyrim. Both were worth every penny.

Yeah, you can count me as one now lol.

Plenty of good sites for cheap games.. http://www.greenmangaming.com/    http://www.gog.com/   https://www.humblebundle.com/store    Just to name a few.If the game is on steam those sites usually just give you a steam key.

Sadly, I can only purchase from Steam at the moment, due to the payment methods.

Steam as some games sale everyday, every week and every weekend. Browse around and mark games you like to your wishlist. You get email notification when something goes on sale. Or you can use 3rd party site for it.

I see, thanks.

Sadly, I can only purchase from Steam at the moment, due to the payment methods.

As in you don't have credit/depid card? PayPal is really nice for online purchases and many sites allow it as payment method, GoG and HumbleBundle among them. It can be set up via bank transfer also. They require $3 payment, which you eventually get back, for verification.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Would a $20 card do for starters?

a lot of games, for 20 dollars i got, injustice, dirt 3, gird 2(they were on all on sale), i also got other games too

As in you don't have credit/depid card? PayPal is really nice for online purchases and many sites allow it as payment method, GoG and HumbleBundle among them. It can be set up via bank transfer also. They require $3 payment, which you eventually get back, for verification.

I'm in the process of setting up a bank account, until then I'm bound to the Steam.  :lol:

a lot of games, for 20 dollars i got, injustice, dirt 3, gird 2(they were on all on sale), i also got other games too

That's good to hear.  ^_^

WELCOME TO THE MASTER RACE BROTHER. Buy games, buy them all. But wait for the sale :P

Thats is bloody excellent.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Definitely wait for a sale, Gabe Newell will provide

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Every big holiday there is a sale.  Summer, Christmas, Halloween, Spring. Etc.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Or just buy them now... Valve complete pack! only 24€

Link for my post

That's a great deal, but I'd rather buy newer games.

Every big holiday there is a sale.  Summer, Christmas, Halloween, Spring. Etc.

I see. Better not haste.