Need Help Finding A 1440P Monitor

Jayhawk

So I'm currently moving away from console gaming and am building a beefy gaming rig that'll have a GTX 980 in it. Still deciding if to get the Gigabyte G1 Gaming model or the Zotac AMP! Extreme Edition model. Tough decision. But anyways, I want to have a 1440p monitor to truly enjoy the benefits of PC gaming. I'm having a lot of problems, most of them being instances of second-thinking myself. I want to spend less than $400 USD on the monitor. I would prefer the monitor to have G-Sync. The most important aspect of the monitor is SIZE. I've noticed a few 1440p TVs, but I'm not sure if G-Sync is available for them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

I believe that the only 1440p G-Sync monitor is ASUS Rog Swift which cost around $800 and is TN.

You could get korean 120Hz IPS 1440p monitor without G-Sync which costs around $300-$400 but you have to buy it on E-bay.

1440p gsync? I'm pretty sure the ROG swift is your only option...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Let's say I dropped the G-Sync? And a monitor with a 60hz refresh rate doesn't bother me whatsoever.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

Let's say I dropped the G-Sync? And a monitor with a 60hz refresh rate doesn't bother me whatsoever.

Korean monitors are still the best option as they are very good quality and cheap.. the only downside is taht you have to get them from e-bay.

You cant go wrong the ASUS PB278Q comes with 3 year warranty all the cables you need the color reproduction at 1440P@60hz is amazing 

ASUS Rog Swift that everyone is talking about is a TN panel 1440p@120hz, 800$ retail price not worth the price tag  if you ask me.

no matter what you do do not buy a Korean monitor they come with problems :dead pixels and only 1 year warranty and if something goes wrong you have to send it back to Korea at your own expense