GTX 960 coming soon?

Is it best to purchase a gtx 970 right now or wait a little bit for the gtx 960? I am planning to play on a single 1080p monitor with hopefully settings set to high or ultra. Do you think the gtx 960 will be comparable to the gtx 770 in terms of  performance with better power efficiency and other features included in the Maxwell architecture? 

Is it best to purchase a gtx 970 right now or wait a little bit for the gtx 960? I am planning to play on a single 1080p monitor with hopefully settings set to high or ultra. Do you think the gtx 960 will be comparable to the gtx 770 in terms of  performance with better power efficiency and other features included in the Maxwell architecture? 

Definitely. For 1080p I'd wait for the 960.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

im waiting to see how the 960 looks performance wise as well. currently have a 760...so a 960 gonna have to look pretty promising or i will be snagging a second 760 for SLI

im waiting to see how the 960 looks performance wise as well. currently have a 760...so a 960 gonna have to look pretty promising or i will be snagging a second 760 for SLI

Honestly if you have the power and cooling grab a second 760

"Rawr XD"

Honestly if you have the power and cooling grab a second 760

well to do a second one, i gotta get a new mobo and psu. gotta get a new mobo regardless as mine sucks *** (msi 970a-g46) but the psu, if i can avoid that will be nice to do so.

Do you think the ASUS Strix cooler will be available to the 960? Linus has yet to review it, but it looks like a very promising aftermarket cooler from ASUS. 

i wanna see the pricing on the 960, gonna be kinda baller imo.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

well to do a second one, i gotta get a new mobo and psu. gotta get a new mobo regardless as mine sucks *** (msi 970a-g46) but the psu, if i can avoid that will be nice to do so.

Apparently that mobo supports SLI so wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. Which PSU?

"Rawr XD"

i wanna see the pricing on the 960, gonna be kinda baller imo.

Not as baller as the 970s class leading performance for less than 290s previous class leading price/performance.

Which PSU?

currently i have this one

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182264

its going on two years old now

Not as baller as the 970s class leading performance for less than 290s previous class leading price/performance.

bruh i gotta a 970 planned for project swnbot but if i only need a 960 for 1080p then fuck it yo im goin with what works for less.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

currently i have this one

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182264

its going on two years old now

It's Capstone, which is made by Super Flower. It'll have no problem running two 760s.

"Rawr XD"

It's Capstone, which is made by Super Flower. It'll have no problem running two 760s.

i worry because EVGA 760s call for 30A each on 12V rail. my psu has a 62A 12V output

bruh i gotta a 970 planned for project swnbot but if i only need a 960 for 1080p then fuck it yo im goin with what works for less.

You need 970 at leased for 1080P. Even still with my 970 OCed I will still not see 60fps min in games such as but not limited to Crysis 3, MLL with all the filters on, TW3, GTAv, and a number of others.

You need 970 at leased for 1080P. Even still with my 970 OCed I will still not see 60fps min in games such as but not limited to Crysis 3, MLL with all the filters on, TW3, GTAv, and a number of others.

GTA V isn't even out for PC.... We don't know how it'll perform on different cards yet, nor how well it's optimized for PC.

"Rawr XD"

GTA V isn't even out for PC....

yeh io i feel like now youre bullshittin :/

i worry because EVGA 760s call for 30A each on 12V rail. my psu has a 62A 12V output

30A is for the entire system. Not just the one 760.

"Rawr XD"

I want a 950 cause im poor

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

It's called the 750/750Ti?

No i mean i want one to come out, to replace the 750

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

GTA V isn't even out for PC.... We don't know how it'll perform on different cards yet, nor how well it's optimized for PC.

Just look at the fidelity. It is going to take a rendering farm to play smoothly @ 60fps LOL. Note that's PS4 graphics not PC which will look even more ridiculously amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzHTUpe_b0Q

Apparently that mobo supports SLI so wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. Which PSU?

970 chipset only supports a single PCIe x16 .. so SLI is not recomended here lol.

990FX chipset would do it tho.

yeh io i feel like now youre bullshittin :/

How am I BSing some of us like playing games with 60fps min at a minimum.

970 chipset only supports a single PCIe x16 .. so SLI is not recomended here lol.

990FX chipset would do it tho.

X8 + X8 is fine for two 760s

"Rawr XD"

How am I BSing some of us like playing games with 60fps min at a minimum.

Pics of the Strix pls

"Rawr XD"