The Crew and Tom Clancy's The Divison

ThatFatMan1911

For those of you who played The Crew beta, what are your thoughts about it and is it worth full price? 

As for The Division, from looking at the gameplay, and what the game is set to be about, what do you guys think about it? 

Personally, I don't think The Crew is worth pre ordering. I'm also kind of iffy about The Division...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

The Crew was absolute trash at the beginning. None of the design choices made sense. Then I put in 30ish hours and it was well worth it. Might be the first game in a couple of years I'll pick up at full price.w

those are two different kind of games, The Crew is a racing game while The Division is shooting game

I would buy The crew full price but i wouldn't pre order it, i haven't played the divison yet. 

I don't buy games often. I find most lame and boring.

The Division is at the top of my must have list, and I think if they don't fuck it up, then it could be one of the best games ever.

But. Ubisoft.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I don't buy games often. I find most lame and boring.

The Division is at the top of my must have list, and I think if they don't fuck it up, then it could be one of the best games ever.

But. Ubisoft.

To be honest, I really could not figure what The Division is really about. Is it like the fall of the USA and it's supposed to be DayZ-ish but without the zombies?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

The Crew was absolute trash at the beginning. None of the design choices made sense. Then I put in 30ish hours and it was well worth it. Might be the first game in a couple of years I'll pick up at full price.w

Do you meant the closed beta stage? I didn't really enjoy the physics, more of a gran turismo/forza kind of guy.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

To be honest, I really could not figure what The Division is really about. Is it like the fall of the USA and it's supposed to be DayZ-ish but without the zombies?

I don't think it's quite like that. A sickness of some kind for sure has spread but I think it's a little more realistic than zombies...as Tom Clancy's games usually are.

So, you'll be fighting other militants who are trying to take over the city, loot, cause mayhem, etc. As well as other players.

You can probably get sick if you walk too close to infected individuals. It looked like they had that aspect in the game.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Do you meant the closed beta stage? I didn't really enjoy the physics, more of a gran turismo/forza kind of guy.

Yeah. I was annoyed with the handling of the cars stock.

It helps that I know how a Mustang handles and the Mustang in the game handles like trash compared to a real one. After a few suspension upgrades it handles right.

Yeah. I was annoyed with the handling of the cars stock.

It helps that I know how a Mustang handles and the Mustang in the game handles like trash compared to a real one. After a few suspension upgrades it handles right.

Oh right, I just got annoyed with the physics, and then i tried to change it to 60fps and it broke the game :/

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I don't think it's quite like that. A sickness of some kind for sure has spread but I think it's a little more realistic than zombies...as Tom Clancy's games usually are.

So, you'll be fighting other militants who are trying to take over the city, loot, cause mayhem, etc. As well as other players.

You can probably get sick if you walk too close to infected individuals. It looked like they had that aspect in the game.

No it's ok I don't care about zombies all that much. If I wanted zombies I would get the upcoming Dead Island or Dying Light to get my fill. The game definitely seems interesting to be honest. I love realistic survival games. I hope that The Division is that and will live up to what they say it will be and (lets hope they don't pull a Watch_Dogs.) Also, any idea on how big the map may be?

No it's ok I don't care about zombies all that much. If I wanted zombies I would get the upcoming Dead Island or Dying Light to get my fill. The game definitely seems interesting to be honest. I love realistic survival games. I hope that The Division is that and will live up to what they say it will be and (lets hope they don't pull a Watch_Dogs.) Also, any idea on how big the map may be?

Yeah I hear that.

They're trying to replicate New York as accurately as possible. So...pretty friggin' huge. There's a comparison with the city area of GTA V and I think it was about 4 or 5 times the size of that?

I think they've also stated that there won't be a "Division 2" and instead they'll just keep releasing more and more map.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Yeah I hear that.

They're trying to replicate New York as accurately as possible. So...pretty friggin' huge. There's a comparison with the city area of GTA V and I think it was about 4 or 5 times the size of that?

I think they've also stated that there won't be a "Division 2" and instead they'll just keep releasing more and more map.

Jesus...if there are no vehicles in the game then...this will be one hell of a map to explore. Especially if they keep adding on like what you said. Hell, Los Santos (in my opinion) takes forever to walk around without a vehicle. 

Jesus...if there are no vehicles in the game then...this will be one hell of a map to explore. Especially if they keep adding on like what you said. Hell, Los Santos (in my opinion) takes forever to walk around without a vehicle. 

It's much, much more dense.

I found one of the videos about the sheer size of the map. Also, there's some other videos by the same guy.

...in a huge way I hate watching them, tbh. I get too hyped and I don't want to be disappointed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpug_u5ilsU

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

It's much, much more dense.

I found one of the videos about the sheer size of the map. Also, there's some other videos by the same guy.

...in a huge way I hate watching them, tbh. I get too hyped and I don't want to be disappointed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpug_u5ilsU

OMG. THAT'S MASSIVE!!! But..I kinda wish he would have compared it to the Just Cause 2 map haha. Yeah I mean, keep the same graphics of the game, don't try to pull a Watch_Dogs and I would say that I'm sold :)

Oh right, I just got annoyed with the physics, and then i tried to change it to 60fps and it broke the game :/

I wasn't able to, the file was nonexistent for me and the setting was locked in game. :(

It helped massively to adjust the controller deadzone and the speed sensitivity.  Made the cars a lot more driveable.

My main gripe is that my upload was maxed all the time.  We're talking 2.5Mb/s here, or 1.1GB every hour.  During the 2 betas combined my PC uploaded in excess of 50GB of data, which I find totally unacceptable.  Capping the game's bandwidth in my network manager caused me to see no other players anymore and regularly lose connection with the server.

I absolutely loved the game, but cancelled my pre-order because of this.  I'll ask around once it's released, and if the problem persists I'm not buying it. 

I would pre-order The Division because it looks amazing (huge map, people to kill, lots of gear, graphics are spectacular and leveling system) and I like Tom Clancy games to begin with. Since The Division is an MMO and single-player, it makes me want the game even more. Also I like shooter games to begin with. The Crew was cool when they were show casing it but after watching some gameplay of it, I don't really like it.

Should look into Project Cars. Imo it's what Grand Turismo should fully be like. High detail and damage etc AND on PC.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

I wasn't able to, the file was nonexistent for me and the setting was locked in game. :(

I was in a whole different directory to the game, you could change the frame rate to whatever you want, but the game froze way too much if you do it.

I was in a whole different directory to the game, you could change the frame rate to whatever you want, but the game froze way too much if you do it.

Ohhh... I checked the main folder.

The crew felt like shit. Need for Speed physics are fun, this game isn't.

Am looking forward to the division though.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Never underestimate Ubisoft's ability to take something that should be good but make it forgettable.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?