Good Pc RTS Games?

LuckyCharm

Planetary annihilation is great and they're working on 40v40 multi-player even though that sounds awful

That sounds like the worst thing to hit RTS games... ever

Supreme Commander already drags out for far too long per game, that's just going to be a nightmare

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I guess it really depends what you are looking for, real time RTS or a more turn based strategy games and also the style you are looking for.

Here are some of my suggestions.

(RTS) Company of heroes 1&2 - a great WW2 real time RTS that has good multiplayer and single player campaign, great if you have a group of friends to play with.

(TBS) Total War Series - any of the series are good and is a great strategy game with full multiplayer of you and a friend against bots, i played Shogun 2 and enjoyed it although it takes  a while to play (like Civ).

(RTS) War Game Series - a complex rts for more advanced players with great AI and a good multiplayer base 

(RTS) Anno series (2070) - more of a building rts with some fighting, has a great single player and is fun with a group of friends

(RTS) Age of Empire Series -  everyone knows age of empires

(TBS) X-Com - a great TBS fun on your own or play through the campaign with a friend

(RTS) Planetary annihilation -  only played the beta but a fun new RTS with good multiplayer

(TBS) Breach and clear (mobile) - a great mobile TBS, super fun to play on the bus or whatever, no multiplayer

Supreme Commander is pretty much the best RTS of all time. Forges Alliance also.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Cossacks and American Conquest are pretty nice RTS games. You can buy them on GOG.com and they'll be compatible with newer versions of Windows.

League of legends

League is a MOBA, the only MOBA I've hated. Starcraft 2 was a very addicting RTS I played a lot when I was really into it. I ended up playing it for about two years, me and my friends actually had a nice LAN party of everyone being put into sections/brackets for bronze, silver, and gold. Oh that game has given many good memories to be fond of.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

If you insist on multiplayer RTS not named Starcraft, Sins of a Solar Empire and Company of Heroes 2 come to mind. However consider yourself warned, most RTS multiplayer games, regardless of how much balancing and patching devs do still leave enough gaps for others to gain slight advantages early on which translate into victories very often. Rather focus on hard campaign difficulty levels.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Ride of nations is still by far my favorite rts game to date. I had a blast for battle for middle earth 2 as well

http://springrts.com/

Based on Total Annihilation. It is an engine with several games/mods.

But basically there are two games/mods that get played the most. Balanced Annihilation (Like the original but very well balanced) and Zero-K.

It has AI, but the real game is all about multiplayer. But be warned, the learning curve is hard and there are some very good players out there.